Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A Quiet Place 2

• 25-12-2019 5:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 840 ✭✭✭

Enjoyed the first one, will be interesting to see where they take this. Cillian Murphy is to star.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭han2000

Loved this movie. Had no idea there was a second one in the works. Should be interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,570 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Origin and Development!

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭tallaghtfornia

looking forward to that now

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,242 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Poor enough trailer, looks like a completely different film to the first one. Hopefully it can maintain the tension of the first but it looks more action based.

• Advertisement

Kingp35 wrote: »
    Poor enough trailer, looks like a completely different film to the first one. Hopefully it can maintain the tension of the first but it looks more action based.

I can't see them keeping the tension of the first one as much. I felt kept in the dark about the creatures for most of the first one and that racheted up the tension for me.

He might be able to go the Alien -> Aliens route by just making more of them a lot scarier. Like maybe we only saw some basic backwater version of em out in the countryside.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

Happy enough with where this might be going. Otherwise we would have been dealing with a fairly similar remake, with the initial suspense gone.

Showing Day One is a great idea too though, seeing how society dealt with the initial panic, fear & confusion. Especially when the typical response to attack is noisy guns.

Wonder how/if they'll show the Eureka "IT'S SOUND" realisation and how, assumedly, larger populations tried to cope with that, or if the survivors had dwindled long before then.

If this was computer game progression, I'd suspect some evolution on the monsters, that can seek out people through other means than just sound.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

I'm cautious about this, because reading between the lines the trailer seems to hint towards the whole "the biggest monsters in the post apocalypse are other people" thread, which is a trope so trodden and worn out, I'm not immediately interested in watching yet another spin on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭Bacchus

pixelburp wrote: »
    I'm cautious about this, because reading between the lines the trailer seems to hint towards the whole "the biggest monsters in the post apocalypse are other people" thread, which is a trope so trodden and worn out, I'm not immediately interested in watching yet another spin on it.

Agreed, the third act of 28 Days Later sprang to mind, where its the other humans that are the monsters... that this would be an entire movie of that. Which isn't a bad thing necessarily, but I'd much prefer to keep it about the quiet tension of the monsters. I guess I just want more of the same so it's hard to imagine that taking it in a different direction will pay off. Maybe it will. I'll be there opening weekend anyway :)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,556 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

I literally just watched the first one (excellent!), but we don't need another one where everyone is just creeping about the place. It was a product of its budget, which is cool, but a sequel needs to ramp it up.

I think this trailer looks good, and have no problem with the idea that most of the people left are likely wrong 'uns. I've read enough apocalyptic sci-fi to know that when law and order cease to exist, you either help fill the cooking pot, or you're in the cooking pot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,633 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

I sense.. jump scares

They put this up too..

Not a trailer but this has the hype building up for me

Oh that shotgun at the end! More of that! Also Sequel to Edge of Tomorrow! Immediately!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,347 ✭✭✭✭siblers

John Krasinski sounds nothing like John Krasinski.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,443 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Just posted to Omniplex page on Facebook:
    *Customer Notice*

The A Quiet Place Part II release date has been moved to later this year, and the A Quiet Place (2018) re-release double bill has been cancelled.

Refunds will be issued for all pre-booked tickets over the coming days. If you booked your tickets in-cinema please get in touch with us!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,076 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

• Registered Users Posts: 84,751 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Cillian Murphy and Djimon Hounsou are in playing new characters
    John Krasinski back as Lee in flashbacks

September 4th has been announced as the new release date (in the US at least). Subject to change of course.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,268 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

It is pushed now to April 2021 and they they are now creating A Quiet Place Universe

Paramount Sets Jeff Nichols To Write/Direct New Pic In ‘A Quiet Place’ Universe Based On John Krasinski Idea
    Paramount Pictures is broadening its A Quiet Place franchise. The studio has set Jeff Nichols to write and direct the third film, which is based on an original idea by John Kraskinski. Studio has set a 2022 release date. Krasinski co-wrote and directed the original, and wrote and directed the sequel, which was pushed from its March 20 release date by the COVID lockdown, with Paramount slating for an April 23, 2021 release.

They are keeping the details of the plot under wraps, but I would not be surprised if this was not a straight sequel, but rather broadened the world that the original introduced, plopping viewers in a post-apocalyptic world where survivors are struggling to stay alive by being quiet, as monsters with ultra sensitive hearing hunt them. The movie progressed so quickly you barely had time to ask how the world got that way, and whether the creatures might be defeated. So there’s plenty of room creatively to stretch this out......

https://deadline.com/2020/11/a-quite-place-new-film-jeff-nichols-write-direct-john-krasinski-idea-paramount-pictures-2022-release-1234611623/

This had been moved all the way out to September, but it's now pencilled in for a May 28th release, in the US anyway.

A final trailer is due to drop tomorrow. It's still down as a May 28th release for the US.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,268 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

May 28th.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,803 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Reviews look good so far!
    90 percent on rotten tomatoes.
    73 percent metacritic.
    Who knows when cinemas will open in ROI though!

I am on Belfast 11th June will plan to see it then :)

• Registered Users Posts: 40 TaSeThat

I still can't get past the 2 x main plot issues with the first movie -
    They go to the waterfall to talk....why not live there instead of the quiet woods. The aliens are summoned by noise.....why not plant bombs and make noise.

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭bewareofthedog

TaSeThat wrote: »
    I still can't get past the 2 x main plot issues with the first movie -
    They go to the waterfall to talk....why not live there instead of the quiet woods. The aliens are summoned by noise.....why not plant bombs and make noise.
    IIRC it was only directly behind the waterfall stream they could talk freely, which isn't a living space at all - I don't see that as a plot issue. If they lived around the waterfall the same problems would exist - in fact it would be worse than being able to talk freely in their basement.

Your second point, the army could potentially do that but a family like in the movie wouldn't have the resources. The family could potentially make a few bombs and blow some of them up but the vibe I got is that there are countless amounts of them so it would be pointless

• Registered Users Posts: 40 TaSeThat

IIRC it was only directly behind the waterfall stream they could talk freely, which isn't a living space at all - I don't see that as a plot issue. If they lived around the waterfall the same problems would exist - in fact it would be worse than being able to talk freely in their basement.

Your second point, the army could potentially do that but a family like in the movie wouldn't have the resources. The family could potentially make a few bombs and blow some of them up but the vibe I got is that there are countless amounts of them so it would be pointless
    I hear what your saying on the first point but it is a livable condition....you get used to your surroundings after a while so it was a major plot issue for me. Specifically as most of the movie was geared around her being pregnant and trying to minimise the noise it would result in.

The second point...does not have to be bombs, all sorts of booby traps. I get your point on the alien count, it was never clear how many there were. The whole idea that not once was there any effort put into using their "noise attraction" against them was annoying as hell during viewing. Even as a nuisance for them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭El Duda

TaSeThat wrote: »
    it was never clear how many there were.

Yes it was. it was all written on the board in the office.

"Three creatures in the area"

EKVdQTlVAAAb2nn.jpg

Anyways...

This is a great sequel. Easily as good as the first one. So so good in the cinema.

Advertisement