Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Seattle Seahawks Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭Cjs21

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Last nights result doesn't have much impact does it, had to win next week to get top seed, still need to win next week to get top seed.

The new injuries on the other hand have messed up the season unfortunately.

No chance of top seed anymore, Panthers need to beat Saints (which is definitely not happening), need packers to lose tonight and next week (Lions aren’t looking like they could do anything against them) so really, we’re looking at either the #5 away to the eagles or the #3 with a win against the 9ers at home to the Vikings. Either way, we need to find an RB over the next few days. CJ Anderson who done a few good things for the broncos over the years and I don’t know how I’m even writing this but...Marshawn Lynch...are the 2 names being mentioned

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭akenno

Last night couldn't have gone much worse. But the way this season has gone, an all out game against the 49ers for the division title, a win isn't beyond the team.

Now that Carson is done, Wilson it is over to you. I really hope Carroll and Schottenheimer just give Wilson the ball and say do your thing. Lockett and Metcalf were poor last night, let's hope for better fortune next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,482 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I wonder would Marshawn come back to you? CJ Anderson is out there too. A couple of good ones available. Lynch, if interested, might be a great one for four or so games.

Rapoport, Garafolo and Pelissoro all saying Lynch is now traveling to Seattle as he wants to play for them again. Bob Condotta who’s usually a reliable ITK beat writer for the Seattle times said that he’s visited VMAC a lot this season.

Really still hard to believe he’d come back playing under Pete though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,925 ✭✭✭Paleface

It would be cool to see him line out for the team again!!

giphy.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

It's confirmed. Beast Mode is back!

It's confirmed. Beast Mode is back!

Looks like it’s a big marketing ploy for his clothing line so far haha!

Even if he’s terrible I’ll still be happy to see him back, Robert Turbin is back too. Wilson must be happy with that.

Waiting for the Shaun Alexander is back announcement now

Tbh, I think our chances of getting to a conference final are shot anyway, so I'm just looking at this as a skittle-coloured rainbow moment of joy in a dark week

Tbh, I think our chances of getting to a conference final are shot anyway, so I'm just looking at this as a skittle-coloured rainbow moment of joy in a dark week

I’d still fancy us against the Eagles, would be nice to have 1 playoff win this year, this season was meant to be a 3-5 win season after all

• Registered Users Posts: 1,925 ✭✭✭Paleface

Great to have him back and I'm sure the atmosphere at the Clink will be electric Sunday night as a result!

Its wishful thinking that he or Turbin are going to spearhead a run to the Superbowl though. There are just too many injuries elsewhere.

The team is currently missing starters at RB1, RB2, C & TE that we know for sure are gone for the season. Then on top of that their starters at LT, CB, SS and DE are injured and its highly unlikely all of them will play again.

No team can cope with that!

• Advertisement

I put this up on reddit so might as well here too. A wee seasonal ditty I wrote...

You better watch out, you better not cry.
    You better go shout and I'm telling you why, Marshawn Lynch is coming to town.

He knows when we're in trouble.
    He knows when we're in s*it.
    He knows our backs are all injured
    Cos they took too many hits. Oh...

Pete's making a list.
    He's checking it twice.
    We've no running backs and that is not nice.
    Marshawn Lynch is coming to town.

He's got a bag of skittles.
    They're mostly green and blue.
    He's gonna smash the Niners,
    And they won't know what to do! Oh...

Russ is making a list.
    He's checking it twice.
    Sacked dozens of times,
    And that is not nice.

His Beast Mode is all ready,
    He won't pay any fines.
    He'll score a touchdown despite and not,
    Because of our O line. Oh...

Schotty's making a list.
    He's checking it twice.
    We'll run it on first,
    And we'll do it all night.
    Some will say that he's not fit.
    Some will say he's too old.
    But nothing gets him going like
    The sight of red and gold. Oh...

You better go shout and I'm telling you why,
    Marshawn Lynch is coming...
    Marshawn Lynch is coming...

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭al87987

This could be painful, we can't stop them at all and the offence looks poor.

Looks like a trip to Philly is on the cards

What a turnaround on offence in this 2nd half. Wilson in a 2 minute drill now to win it, the way this season has gone I should never have written us off.

Wow what a crazy finish!

The delay of game on the 1 yd line at 2nd and goal with 22 seconds left was absolutely criminal. Even spike the ball again if you have to. Game was made for Lynch to score the winning TD.

I don't know how they didn't call holding on the 3rd down attempt and then so close on 4th down.

Encouraged by the 2nd half all the same but the defence was a shambles and only got the eventual stop needed with a generous penalty.

Already won in Philly this year so should be confident

Lets go Hawks!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

I dunno what hurts more, the time penalty costing Lynch a game winning TD, or the refs ignoring that blatant PI

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

Ouch,

After 16 games one yard short of winning the division.

Strong chance we’ll be back playing them again in 13 days!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,359 ✭✭✭Shedite27

al87987 wrote: »
    Already won in Philly this year so should be confident
    That was a different Seahawks and a different Eagles team

Both teams are riven with injuries, so I think a very close one to call

I’d still think we’re favourites for next Sunday night game

Looks like Kendricks is done for the season from last night, likely to get Diggs back though.

Eagles I would guess will have Ertz back

• Registered Users Posts: 9,359 ✭✭✭Shedite27

TheDoctor wrote: »

1.5pt favorites

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,409 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

TheDoctor wrote: »

Looks like Kendricks is done for the season from last night, likely to get Diggs back though.

Eagles I would guess will have Ertz back

Well ertz has a fractured rib but you'd expect him to play.

Well I don’t think anyone predicted the Seahawks to be in the divisional round of the playoffs this season

Onto Green Bay!

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭Uncle Mclovin

DK Metcalf is a ridiculous athlete. That is all.

Luckily for me I booked time off work next week so I can stay up late on Sunday night, like an early Superbowl. I think the Packers have almost been as inconsistent as us and we have a very good chance. Somenody might even regain fitness in time!

Put in the request for Monday morning off straight away once the game was over.

Packers are a weird team - they probably aren’t a 13-3 team, had a soft schedule.

49ers blew them out the door the weekend I was over for the regular season game against the Eagles.

Looks like it’s going to be cold but snow shouldn’t be an issue Sunday.

Assume it will be another heart attack finish.

As mentioned above hopefully we can get someone like Brown back

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭akenno

Happy Blue Friday everyone.

What are your predictions for Sunday?

The more the week has gone on the more confident I am getting. I know it will be difficult but if the hawks play their best game, they will be the best team on the field. A crucial part will be the hawks D Line not falling for any of Rodgers hard counts or late substitutions. They will have to be disciplined. On offence it will all be about keeping Wilson upright. I cant the running offence getting much look similar to last week so I hope Wilson will be given the ball and told to work his magic again.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

I think it’s going be a tough game, and I dare say if we win that the following game would be easier regardless of the the opponent.

I think our defence against the running game will be the deciding factor. Greenbay haven’t called running plays regularly this season, if they keep that trend up on Sunday then we will win. If, however, they change and playing the running game more regularly then they’ll take it.

I feel our o-line doesn’t have anything against it that I’m worried about, and I can see us getting regular 1st downs since our style matches up very well. But as I say, if we see them run the ball we don’t have a hope.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,093 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Green Bay this season:

Pass attempts: 573
    Run attempts: 411

So about a 60/40 split. Not sure why you think a pass heavy game plan would help Seattle, Seahawks secondary is a weakness at the moment.

If we had out 2 best RBs, I'd be pretty confident. As it is, I don't think Homer and the legend will do enough to free up the passing game. But I think it's 50:50, and if we do win we'll be against a team we've already beaten once. It'll be close anyway. Whatever the outcome I'm feeling pretty good about this season and hopeful for the next.

• Advertisement

49ers coasting to the NFC Championship game

Advertisement