Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Star Trek

• 28-12-2019 6:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭

After seeing the reviews of the new ride they have for the Millennium Falcon in LA, would anyone be interested in a Star Trek based one? Constitution, Galaxy, Defiant? I know a lot of this is wishing, but given the chance would you pay for that experience to blow the crap out of a Borg cube, or a bunch of D7's?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Evade

If they were going to do something that big for Star Trek an interactive bridge would be awesome. You and a number of friends each get a station and have a scenario to go through. Frame it like a Kobiyashi Maru test and I'd pay real money for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Scot_in_Dublin

Much like they have done with the new Star Wars ride. Two pilots, a gunner and an engineer.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

You lot need to grab a VR headset and a copy of Bridge Crew :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,524 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

After seeing the reviews of the new ride they have for the Millennium Falcon in LA, would anyone be interested in a Star Trek based one? Constitution, Galaxy, Defiant? I know a lot of this is wishing, but given the chance would you pay for that experience to blow the crap out of a Borg cube, or a bunch of D7's?

Fr me it would have to be the Galaxy class. I don't care if she was big and cumbersom she was beautiful and has the best bridge of any of the ships if you want to be out exploring space.
    Evade wrote: »
    If they were going to do something that big for Star Trek an interactive bridge would be awesome. You and a number of friends each get a station and have a scenario to go through. Frame it like a Kobiyashi Maru test and I'd pay real money for that.

The hard part would be deciding who wants to be the Captain, the Cammander, the engineer, then tactical, helm and ops
    Much like they have done with the new Star Wars ride. Two pilots, a gunner and an engineer.

Just replace the two pilots with Captain and Cammader then a helmsman and someone on ops, then someone on tactical and an engineer and that would be great.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Evade

AMKC wrote: »
    The hard part would be deciding who wants to be the Captain, the Cammander, the engineer, then tactical, helm and ops
    Trivia contest in the queue.

Advertisement