Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Gym recs

Options
  • 26-12-2019 5:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭

Recommendations for a gym for 3 months anyway, West of City or town.

I'd typically go later in evening. I realise gyms have been asked about before, but there have been a lot of changes.

Needs:
    Good freeweights, not too packed in the evening, easy going atmosphere (not semi-pro crowd, but staff who know the equipment if I've questions), Sauna OR Jacuzzi, not break the bank.

Bonus:
    Pool, Jacuzzi/Sauna (not bothered about steam room), late opening hours, classes.

Don't need a place that's gym only/classes.

Thanks a million.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,466 ✭✭✭skinny90

Kingfisher or NRG Health & Fitness west of the city

Purely price based and decent gym is Planet, loads of equipment but it can be crowded..

Warehouse is also very well equipped and decent pricewise

Went to active24 when I last lived near town. That was decent

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭inisboffin

Thanks. Anyone have experience of Ocean Fitness or The Ardilaun?
    A friend said Kingfisher pool is good but it's packed in Uni season.
    Is Leisureland very busy?

Leisureland is prob the best bet imo, never that busy when I’m there (which is usually fairly peak times around 7pm). I didn’t use the gym just the pool but from looking it appears to be fairly well equipped.

It’s 10 euro pay as you go for both pool gym (less for only pool) also so you can try it out and see what you think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

inisboffin wrote: »
    Anyone have experience of Ocean Fitness or The Ardilaun?

Aurdilaun is OK but I think it's fair pricey for what you get tbh.

If you're looking for a gym that isn't jammers at peak hours or with very few in there from 10-4 it's ideal. Equipment is very basic but they have two separate weights areas which is pretty handy if that's your goal. My main gripe is that the ventilation is setup in a way where there's a waft of food whenever there's an event on, not great when you're straight out of a 9 hour shift and looking to get a bit of a sweat in before dinner :o

Advertisement