Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Retail in Waterford this Christmas season

• 27-12-2019 4:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭

Just wondering anybody get any knowledge how the retailers got on in Waterford over the festive period ? We have already seen John Martin Jewellers and The Dresser closing down in December .

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭azimuth17

You ask a negatively framed question? Do you know something? Otherwise, both shops you mention owners retiring from business I believe. Martins after nearly 40 years . the Dresser, probably the changing face of retail anyway. Try selling kitchen ware against Home Store and More? Saw new shop being worked on in Gladstone Street today.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭decies

azimuth17 wrote: »
    You ask a negatively framed question? Do you know something? Otherwise, both shops you mention owners retiring from business I believe. Martins after nearly 40 years . the Dresser, probably the changing face of retail anyway. Try selling kitchen ware against Home Store and More? Saw new shop being worked on in Gladstone Street today.
    What are you talking about !! Two shops closing down is never good news no matter what way you spin it !! Anyway back to the question I asked in the first place , thank you !! And if you think Retail in Waterford by in large is not suffering any worse then the rest of the country you must have your head in the sand .

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭azimuth17

I actually agree about loss of the two shops although the reason is unclear. I would also like to know how retail spend was in the city this Christmas. My understanding is that retail floor space in the city, over all, is at its highest level ever.

Advertisement