Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Servant - Apple TV+ Original (***Spoilers***) M Night Shyamalan

• 24-09-2019 5:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 60,274 ✭✭✭✭

“Servant” follows a Philadelphia couple in mourning after an unspeakable tragedy creates a rift in their marriage and opens the door for a mysterious force to enter their home.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60,274 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Arrives November 28th.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

"Split" gave me renewed faith that Shyamalan had recovered some of his early (and perhaps undeserved) hype.

"Glass" took that faith and drowned it in a puddle.

That the man still finds work, and somehow contrives to have his name put in the titles, is kinda baffling.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Hold on WTF, is that baby dead or a robot?

That ain't no baby!!!

Is this their creepy horror show or something?

emmmmmm....

ehhhh....

• Advertisement

This one is unsettling:

Renewed for a second season ahead of its debut next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Renewed for a second season ahead of its debut next week.
    D'oh.. thought it was out this weekend! :(

Looking forward to it..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭Martin Tyler AgueroooOO

So the Shyamalam twist at the end of the first season won't really be the twist as that will come in the second season now or the third season or the fourth season.

It's sooo borderline creepy for me in deciding to watch or not.

• Advertisement

First 3 episodes drop tomorrow looking forward to it now.

Damm I liked that first episode creepy as fcuk then the final scene.

Going with 30 minute episodes by the looks of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Watched the first 2... decent!

The cast are decent, but Kebbell is the standout IMO.

Finished the first three and its developing into a good mystery.

1: WTF!

I was all like... ah ye, shur the twist is gonna be about yer man and how he's coping

or maybe even.. this could be way in the future and the nanny could be a robot or something

but awe no.. nope.. it was that end scene!

I did spot the M. Night Shyamalan cameo though :) The delivery guy.

2: I dunno.

Is it about him coping with something? Is he imagining the brother? But then she would be too. Unless she's just going along with him (like he thinks he is with her). What's he doing to himself with the splinters? Did he eat the yoke?

OR is it supernatural, is the girl doing something, did she steal a baby, is it her baby?

I'm kinda leaning towards the idea that something suspicious in an M. Night show.. might well not be the twist.. and the unsuspicious things could well be.

The wife staring off into the distance like that could be her going catatonic but it's also got me back to the Robot theory!

3: Awe now I dunno.

Now it looks like Leanne is up to something... unless yer man is imagining loads of stuff.. but if he is then the Tobey stuff is odd.

Definitley a mystery!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Doodah7

This is so good!! The whole lot of them are so narcissistic and neurotic but you can see from how the story is unfolding why.

The series almost works like a stage play with the small cast and the pretty much only one location.

4: I don't know. It's like a lower-everyones-defenses episode or something

5: Right, I'm lost again.

Maybe the husband + real/imaginary bro has started paying people to get rid of her or there's a few people scoping the house out to rob it

• Advertisement

What about Uncle George??

6: Right... Yeah, No, the brothers real. Something definitely up with Leanne :eek:
    Doodah7 wrote: »
    What about Uncle George??

Yes indeed, What about Uncle George and that doll! What about Aunt May! I'm not sure I want to find out about Aunt May! :eek:

It really confusing and intriguing and the dog this week. Ron Weasley is great in it.

7: That was really confusing. So the brother isn't imaginery. Now wondering if Leanne actually brought the baby. We just saw the husbands imaginary take on that. Maybe her and her Uncle (and the dreaded Aunt May) are just some really religious family that had something wierd happen. Now Shyamalan is throwing a curve ball with the brother and this therapist agreeing they did something terrible.. like are they just talking about the illusion? Is there some bigger conspiracy... I dunno, it's all really confusing.. or maybe like.. back to wide open on what the big THING Shyamalan is gonna have been there the whole time.

More weirdness! What’s the story with dog/wolf/lion cub? What was it? Dorothy not looking delighted with Julian copping off with her friend!

A lot of it has gotta be Shyamalan dodging and weaving around us trying to figure out what his big twist is gonna be. Dogs could easily just be the part of the stray Dogs in the city news bit that Dorothy had been covering.

8: Well, I'm a bit more lost after that one. Though it definitely pushes the question of WHAT DID THEY DO!? a bit more into mind now.

It's like.. whatever about Leanne .. it's as if they did something pretty bad.

Ok I can safely say I have know idea what the hell is going on.

Interesting that Julian went looking in the bath and the washing machine!! It is also interesting to google the meaning of a pearl in the mouth and how it relates to Chinese burial customs.

The programme is getting weirder by the week...

• Advertisement

I'm starting to wonder did one of them kill the baby.

Advertisement