Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Viking Hotel (formerly Ramada) - what's the story?

• 24-12-2019 12:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭

I tried to drive in to the Ramada hotel yesterday for a bit of lunch, but the car park was blocked up with pallets and there didn't seem to be any activity other than a few lights I could see on inside.

Anyone know what the story is with this?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Christmas refit. Not that you'd know from the website - but facebook page say reopen on Saturday

• Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭spankmemunkey

Christmas refit. Not that you'd know from the website - but facebook page say reopen on Saturday

Hotel is closed for the Christmas period, 22nd-28th December.

No refit just closed for xmas

Pallets are there to stop people going into Hotel grounds whilst closed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Business that poor over the holidays? I always imagined that hotels would be quite busy or maybe it depends on the type, location.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭JohnC.

Doesn't Tower also close at Christmas? Or used to. Not sure about the others.

Business that poor over the holidays? I always imagined that hotels would be quite busy or maybe it depends on the type, location.

No actually business is booming just owners policy (Prem Group) to give staff time off over the holidays.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

No actually business is booming just owners policy (Prem Group) to give staff time off over the holidays.

When you see retailers champing at the bit to open first thing on Stephen Zuzz Day, it’s refreshing to hear of an employer that does this.

Looking forward to giving them my custom in 2020, although next time, they should put up a sign so that it doesn’t look like they’ve gone into receivership! :D

There is a sign up, although there is security i think its a bad idea to advertise the building closed as there are some people who wud think great nows my chance

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,022 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

The Tower hotel and Treacy's hotel also closed on Christmas Eve and reopened today, I say fair play to them for giving their staff the four days of, especially considering how busy Im sure they were in the lead up to Christmas.

Advertisement