Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Garmin or Apple Watch with Hole19

• 20-12-2019 8:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭

Hi

I am looking at getting a Garmin s20, S40 or an Apple Watch with Hole 19.

Any recommendations as to which would be the best?
    I haven’t heard much about the Apple Watch and would be interested to know if it’s good for golf?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭newindublin

I have a S20, it's great for golf. Long charge when not in golf mode, and when using it has enough battery for 36 holes or more. Very accurate on the yardages unless the course has changed (has happened a few times but there are lots of map updates regularly). Has distances to bunkers and hazards etc.

I am considering a S40 or S60 perhaps next year to have full hole maps, touch screen, and and a bit more stylish look than the S20, but it's a nice to have.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭gypsy79

I have a Garmin denim that I wear everyday that has Garmin golf app on it. No issues at all and all benefits of smart watch and looks good

Got it heavily reduced on amazon

gypsy79 wrote: »
    I have a Garmin denim that I wear everyday that has Garmin golf app on it. No issues at all and all benefits of smart watch and looks good

Got it heavily reduced on amazon

That should read fenix

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭Pixied

That should read fenix

Thanks a mill. Does the Fenix have any sort of distance measurement, like AutoShot?

Pixied wrote: »
    Thanks a mill. Does the Fenix have any sort of distance measurement, like AutoShot?

Yup. I don’t use it though. You need go back and put in clubs as per other Garmin’s afaik

• Advertisement

Yup. I don’t use it though. You need go back and put in clubs as per other Garmin’s afaik

Battery life is about a week with a round of golf and cycle to work everyday

• Registered Users Posts: 17,652 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

I've the vivoactive 3 with the golf app and it automatically measures the distance of each shot. Quite handy. Doesn't record them though.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Squeaksoutloud

I've the vivoactive 3 with the golf app and it automatically measures the distance of each shot. Quite handy. Doesn't record them though.

I have the same watch and it does record your shot distances and where they land. You can look back over your round via the Garmin Golf App. Just click into scorecards and then click on a hole to scroll through map of each hole and where you hit the the ball on each hole. Doesn't get every shot but 80% plus anyway. Not sure if you need to be doing score entry on the watch as you go however...I've always done that so never checked without.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭dennyire

pm sent

Advertisement