Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Its christmas eve babe... in the drunktank...

Options
  • 24-12-2019 8:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 10,120 ✭✭✭✭

Sorry, couldn't resist, cant believe its christmas eve already, easily my favourite day of the year, it has come around so quickly it's scary. We still have a pile of stuff to do so wont be able to chill out as much as was planned (is it ever the case when hosting on Christmas day) but still hope to get to spend some decent time with the kids when we get home for the day later this afternoon.

Off to collect the turkey and ham in a bit to get this season of festivity started but wanted to see if anyone else has anything special or exciting planned for today?
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Good thread, DvB!

I'm in work until 1... THEN IT BEGINS. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Happy Christmas Eve all!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭Peatys

We ate the selection boxes so I'll have to schnake off away from the kids at some stage and replace them before tonight. Then it's the traditional neighbours meetup lunch in the local from about 1-3 then home for some overly competitive connect 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,120 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Just weighed myself... it seems my festivities have been well started the last few days given what it just told me I've put on in the last week...

Sod it, I can get back to normal in 3 or 4 days!!
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 28,805 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Thank God I haven't heard that bloody song once yet this year

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭Littlehorny

Very organised this year, all the present and food shopping is done.

Just have to wrap the kids presents tonight, I wouldn't mind but they are 25 and 17 ! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,120 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Just back from collecting the turkey and ham, the butchers was rammed with the queue out the door and stretching across to specsavers on the other side of the mall, didnt mind though, everyone was in great form chatting about all theyve to get done etc. Love it, it's the best day of the year for good vibes IMO.

Am knackered but in great form now, buzzing in fact!!

Having my family over for dinner, as we always do on Christmas Eve. We went out to dinner yesterday and in the middle of it my dad started feeling really unwell. He was very sick last night. I'm waiting for a call to update how things are this morning. Hope it's not a bug and we don't all catch it. Have a sore throat this morning myself but I think that may just be because I haven't been sleeping well the last couple of weeks so probably a little run down. Anyways, fingers crossed my family are feeling ok today and we will still see them.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

All remarkably well sorted out here on my small offshore island. One thing re being remote is that you have to organise well ahead...

All is splendidly ready, and off to light the fire then find something on youtube! A relaxed and gentle day

The lights will go up and on this afternoon...

Happy day everyone!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,727 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Happy Christmas Eve everyone. Have to pop up town to pick up some last Minute presents and some floss cause I forgot to bring any with me. And I plan on flossing half a turkey out of my teeth tomorrow :pac:

Might be Off out for a Chinese later with some of the family.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,160 ✭✭✭KaneToad

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    Thank God I haven't heard that bloody song once yet this year

Sacrilege! It's a masterpiece!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Loughc wrote: »
    Happy Christmas Eve everyone. Have to pop up town to pick up some last Minute presents and some floss cause I forgot to bring any with me. And I plan on flossing half a turkey out of my teeth tomorrow :pac:

Might be Off out for a Chinese later with some of the family.

Can you get me some mayonnaise please? Ask a seagull to bring it over;) Was wanting to make potato salad.. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭WestWicklow1

Just waiting until about 5pm to go and buy all the presents in the pound shop. They have some great reductions an hour before they close on Christmas eve :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭NickNickleby

Just waiting until about 5pm to go and buy all the presents in the pound shop. They have some great reductions an hour before they close on Christmas eve :D

hahahaha, thanks for making me smile. Happy Christmas.

Advertisement