Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ganeweek 19 Transfer Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,633 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Have exactly enough for Salah+Cantwell in for Son+Zaha. Don't think it's worth a hit though so might do Cantwell in for Son, and then Salah in week after.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Am I missing something with Aurier?

He seems quite popular on here.
    He's very attacking. His problem is he's fond of a card, and Spurs(currently) are very fond of conceding

• Registered Users Posts: 12,332 ✭✭✭✭siblers

sheroman01 wrote: »
    Have exactly enough for Salah+Cantwell in for Son+Zaha. Don't think it's worth a hit though so might do Cantwell in for Son, and then Salah in week after.

I'd do it. Zaha is rubbish

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

km79 wrote: »
    So now he is suspended the choice is easy
    Buy salah
    Don’t think I’ve seen a single team with three heavy hitters in midfield
    Never mind one that will have Alli as well

Post your whole squad so I can copy it :D

I would have thought it was common enough.

Mane, KDB, Ali, Sterling myself

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Don't understand why anyone sells Jimi. He's a rock of consistency.

I sold him but agree with you.

Had no value tied up with him, so an easier sell then Tammy(who has two nice fixtures). Will likely swap them after the Liverpool game

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Jesper

is there any love for Richarlison (7.9) - Burnley H, Newcastle A, Man City A, Brighton H?
    I think Alli's run could be over. I would like Kane but I'm happy with that front 3 for now.

In my mini league we have a €50 bonus for top after GW 19 (1/2 season) and I'm 20 points behind the leader with 6 matching players (after I remove Son). So I need a serious differential for GW 19 and would even consider TC.

Current Team
    Gazzaniga
    Lund, Robertson, Kelly,
    Maddison, Mane, De B, Son,
    Rashford (c), Vardy, Jimenez

Subs, McGovern, Rico, Soy, Dendoncker.

Jebus but Gazzaniga has been some disappointment!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭GetWithIt

Need to move on both Pulisic and Martial. Tempted by Pogba. Fraser also on the list given their impending good run.

Mad to consider a Utd double up this GW?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,307 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

GetWithIt wrote: »
    Need to move on both Pulisic and Martial. Tempted by Pogba. Fraser also on the list given their impending good run.

Mad to consider a Utd double up this GW?

It's mad to consider a Utd double up any week.
    They were just schooled by the bottom club. I wouldn't be rushing into that team.

• Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭Markx

manual_man wrote: »
    He's very attacking. His problem is he's fond of a card, and Spurs(currently) are very fond of conceding

Think that's a popular misconception. He's been booked for a challenge twice this season. Sonny on the other hand is very fond of a card (also carded twice :) ).

• Registered Users Posts: 9,342 ✭✭✭Shedite27

The problem with most of the Son replacements is rotation. Can't see Mahrez, Sterling, Salah, Pogba playing both of the next 2 games. Cheaper you go, the safer it becomes (Grealish, Cantwell, Richarlison, Maddison, Willian)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 708 ✭✭✭loadwire

Not really liking any of the Son downgrade options so thinking of going Robertson > Tomori to give me funds for Son > Salah. Would mean no Liverpool defence. I've a hunch Robertson is liable for further rotation over xmas (though who isn't...)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Benimar

loadwire wrote: »
    Not really liking any of the Son downgrade options so thinking of going Robertson > Tomori to give me funds for Son > Salah. Would mean no Liverpool defence. I've a hunch Robertson is liable for further rotation over xmas (though who isn't...)

Liverpool have a few injuries in midfield, so Milner is likely to see game time there. He’s the only realistic alternative at LB to Robertson, so I’d say Robertson is safe enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Dubh Geannain

loadwire wrote: »

Me neither. Did Son --> Zaha last night before the price drop in more of a panic.

Didn't buy Grealish last week because of his 4 yellow. Didn't buy him again because of the yellows. He'll probably keep scoring until I finally capitulate and buy him.

At least I've 3.6 m in the bank now for a a -4 punt if I decide.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Me neither. Did Son --> Zaha last night before the price drop in more of a panic.

Didn't buy Grealish last week because of his 4 yellow. Didn't buy him again because of the yellows. He'll probably keep scoring until I finally capitulate and buy him.

At least I've 3.6 m in the bank now for a a -4 punt if I decide.

Aren't the yellow cards reset after gw20?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Dubh Geannain

Aren't the yellow cards reset after gw20?

Thanks. I thought they were. Made the transfer at 1:30 am so, like I said a bit of a panic.

Still though Zaha has as tempting a fixture as Grealish this week. I'll consider him a nice differential. Along with all my other differentials :rolleyes:

Thanks. I thought they were. Made the transfer at 1:30 am so, like I said a bit of a panic.

Still though Zaha has as tempting a fixture as Grealish this week. I'll consider him a nice differential. Along with all my other differentials :rolleyes:

Zaha is a trap. I'll never get him in again.

• Thinking of starting Cantwell over Richarlison this GW.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,129 ✭✭✭✭km79

Thinking of starting Cantwell over Richarlison this GW.

Can’t you start both ?

• km79 wrote: »
    Can’t you start both ?

Na.

KDB, Salah, Alli, Vardy, Jimenez and Abraham.

Then one of Richarlison or Cantwell.

Richarlison currently benched.

Na.

I’m benching Jiminez at the moment

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,199 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Thinking of starting Cantwell over Richarlison this GW.

I'm benching Cantwell, most of his points have come at home. Maybe I'm blinded by the fact that I'll be starting a Villa defender.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,592 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Rage transferred out Son for Maherz at full time yesterday, but f**k it a bit of a differential is no harm.

Also took a -4 for Tammy to Ings for no justifiable reason... didn't need cash and by the looks of it I'll be benching Ings this weekend so a complete case of red mist getting the better of me.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Benimar

Na.

If I go through with my 2FTs (Son, JWP out for Alli and Richarlison) I’ll have the same front 8, bar Mane for Salah.

I’ll be benching Cantwell if I do, but expect he might end up coming in due to rotation.

Na.

Almost identical to me except for Mane instead of Salah.
    I can't see a need to make a transfer this week or even use my wildcard.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭ShimSlady

Which two to play from TAA, Traore, Cantwell and Martin Kelly?

Currently on Cantwell and TAA

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

My plan was always KDB to salah for gw 20 but that son suspension has me thinking maybe I should just get salah now and hold kdb for the inevitable gw 20 benching. I'm. 7 short so will probably need to do baldock to femenia and son to salah.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,185 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Any thoughts on this -4

Sterling, Tielemans and Greenwood out

Traore, Grealish and Kane In

Already own KDB, Mane, Jimi, Vardy and Zaha

• Registered Users Posts: 19,549 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Any thoughts on this -4

Sterling, Tielemans and Greenwood out

Traore, Grealish and Kane In

Already own KDB, Mane, Jimi, Vardy and Zaha

Why would you want to bring Kane in - like what has he shown that makes him worth 10.9m? I would actually prefer to Keep Greenwood - as he will probably start a game over xmas and he looks lively and has a goal in him.

I feel it's one of Traore or Grealish and not both, haven't ran the $$$ amount, but could do Sterling and Tielemans to Salah and Traore, and keep/bench Greenwood?

Ace2007 wrote: »
    Why would you want to bring Kane in - like what has he shown that makes him worth 10.9m? I would actually prefer to Keep Greenwood - as he will probably start a game over xmas and he looks lively and has a goal in him.

I feel it's one of Traore or Grealish and not both, haven't ran the $$$ amount, but could do Sterling and Tielemans to Salah and Traore, and keep/bench Greenwood?

Seeing a lot of people captaining Kane too
    Can’t understand why anyone has him at that price and is captaining him with his form and average postion

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,549 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

km79 wrote: »
    Seeing a lot of people captaining Kane too
    Can’t understand why anyone has him at that price and is captaining him with his form and average postion

I can get captaining him if you have him, because the logic of most getting him is that he has to score big sometime that's the type of player he is etc, and no point having him, if your not going to captain him.

Wasn't some poster of the opinion of having Kane over Vardy a month a go because both are "20 goal a season players", and one was over half way, hence best to get Kane in.

Advertisement