Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Virgin media service Waterford

• 21-12-2019 12:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭

What a time of the year for my internet and broad band to go down . Absolute joke . I can't get a technician either until the 27th . Disgraceful. Just wondering if any one else in Waterford is having an issue?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,782 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

no issues here, fairly solid service, does go down from time to time, but thats expected

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Why is it expected? I know it happens but really it shouldn't with cable.

OP what's actually wrong? And have you pulled the plug and rebooted from cold yet?

OP what's actually wrong? And have you pulled the plug and rebooted from cold yet?

stuff breaks, humans make mistakes, **** happens, i suspect very few lives are taken when the internets goes down

You don't? I have the shakes for the first 24 hours :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,755 ✭✭✭✭Hello 2D Person Below

Have to say I've never had any real problem with Virgin. I had one slight issue when I received a new modem a while back but it was sorted pronto.

My only quibble with them is the amount that comes out of me bank every month. Pity they wouldn't throw loyal customers the odd bone.

• Advertisement

You don't? I have the shakes for the first 24 hours :D

ah tis a pain in the hole when it goes down, but shur what can yea do

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭Minime2.5

My home broad band and tv service are not working and I've switched both off for up to 2 hours and switched back on. No joy

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    stuff breaks, humans make mistakes, **** happens, i suspect very few lives are taken when the internets goes down

And the competitors that don't allow this to happen swoop in and take their business

Minime2.5 wrote: »
    And the competitors that don't allow this to happen swoop in and take their business

ah shur all networks experience outages at some stage, id imagine the management of virgin aint worrying too much about minor outages here and there, in small villages such as ours

Minime2.5 wrote: »
    My home broad band and tv service are not working and I've switched both off for up to 2 hours and switched back on. No joy

I'm not on Virgin but in life generally I find when it comes to PVRs' etc it's best to unplug rather than just switch off. It can clear the CPU errors - if you do this count to 20 then plug in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭DLS_75

I’d go into the shop and ask for another box to get you through Christmas

I'm not on Virgin but in life generally I find when it comes to PVRs' etc it's best to unplug rather than just switch off. It can clear the CPU errors - if you do this count to 20 then plug in.

That's what I did actually

Advertisement