Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Gameweek 18 Transfer Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭Porthallian

Team is
    Pope
    Kelly Lundy Rico
    Maddison Grealish Son Douglas.L
    Vardy Jesus Abraham

Stek Soyuncu Robertson Mane
    1.3m in the bank
    Used my FT for Mount to Grealish.
    Would it be worth going Maddison to Richy.
    Or Mane to KdB for a -4?

Thinking would be Mane to KdB this week.
    Next week Maddison/Robertson to Salah/Aurier
    Or Maddison/Jesus to Salah/Pukki
    Want Salah over Mane going forward and not having KdB is killing me.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,362 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

1 ft 0 itb

Pope
    Lund Rico Cahill
    Maddison Grealish Cantwell Son
    Kane Rashford Vardy

Button Soyuncu TAA Mane

Think that's a decent enough team for this week so will probably bank. Not considering selling TAA or Mane and I'll need to get KDB back in again soon.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Shedite27 wrote: »
    I'd take a hit over ditching Mane. Even with the blank

Just remembered, have a lot tied up in him too.

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭carnie

Pulistic out!!

Anyone else in!!

Edit: Actually I have do Pulistic to KDB....noice

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

PARlance wrote: »
    Thinking of doing the same move. 2 difficult ones for Maddison and Everton have a good run, Arsenal really are a shambles at the moment.

Transfers done, Sterling and Madison out,KDB and Richarlison in.
    Cantwell was brought back a couple of weeks ago with the Liverpool blank in mind. He'll cover for Mane while Kelly will cover for Robertson.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

carnie wrote: »
    Pulistic out!!

Anyone else in!!

Edit: Actually I have do Pulistic to KDB....noice

Yes him to Richy or Grealish

Though part of me wants to dump Tammy......

• Registered Users Posts: 21,091 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Transfers done, Sterling and Madison out,KDB and Richarlison in.
    Cantwell was brought back a couple of weeks ago with the Liverpool blank in mind. He'll cover for Mane while Kelly will cover for Robertson.

Brought Pukki back in a similar move weeks ago. But now I'm sweating on him and Maddison to Richarlison will have to wait we get word on his toe... he could have easily exploded on Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,029 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

I've been thinking about ditching Maddison too, but he is a return machine. He should have an assist from Saturday, I don't think it was an OG at all. He takes set pieces. I have him cheaper too, so that is kinda stopping me selling him.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,348 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Have two FT, was set to get rid of TAA but struggling to do it. Just know I'll regret it

• Registered Users Posts: 5,437 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Have 2 FTs and no immediate changes so thinking of downgrading Pope to a 4.0 for the cash (have already played bench boost) and just sticking with Ryan as a set and forget.

I want to go for button as he will play if Ryan is out but I see he could drop to 3.9 down the line - I guess if you are not planning on selling him that doesn't really matter though right? Any better 4.0 options?

• Advertisement

Have 2 FTs and no immediate changes so thinking of downgrading Pope to a 4.0 for the cash (have already played bench boost) and just sticking with Ryan as a set and forget.

I want to go for button as he will play if Ryan is out but I see he could drop to 3.9 down the line - I guess if you are not planning on selling him that doesn't really matter though right? Any better 4.0 options?

Martin?

Can be dangerous reading on here, starting to really want Richy but he killed me last year..........

• Registered Users Posts: 5,437 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Martin?

Thanks a mill, good should but he is 4.1 now though :-( Fab is back soon toot I think so a possible price drop on the horizon after that.

Thanks a mill, good should but he is 4.1 now though :-( Fab is back soon toot I think so a possible price drop on the horizon after that.

You are better going Carson then no chance of a price fall

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭notdarkyet

Vardy to Kane? Any opinions?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,306 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

notdarkyet wrote: »

Horrendous - Kane’s output for like the last 18 months is awful. Wayyyy overpriced for what you’re getting.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,131 ✭✭✭✭km79

I’d like to hear your reasoning ?
    And then say
    Hell
    No

• Registered Users Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Step away from the computer & go to bed.

better fixtures over the coming weeks and always a chance of a big score. I suppose I’m impatient as I’m losing ground on my main rival even though our teams are very similar. Kane would be a gut feeling gamble

• Registered Users Posts: 48,131 ✭✭✭✭km79

better fixtures over the coming weeks and always a chance of a big score. I suppose I’m impatient as I’m losing ground on my main rival even though our teams are very similar. Kane would be a gut feeling gamble

If you sell the striker who has returned in every game for 2 months you are likely to lose more ground
    Look for another way

• Advertisement

I’ve got man flu so I may be delirious. Better hold off till I recover!

As others are doing il looking to sell Robbo with a view to a Mane / Salah double up.

Any suggestions for a defender? Have Lundy, Kelly, rico already.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,348 ✭✭✭✭siblers

dahat wrote: »
    As others are doing il looking to sell Robbo with a view to a Mane / Salah double up.

Aurier?

siblers wrote: »
    Aurier?

Currently top of the list but doesn't seem to be returning pts of note. He is just as likely to get a red as much as an assist though.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,093 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

Currently top of the list but doesn't seem to be returning pts of note. He is just as likely to get a red as much as an assist though.

Tompkins. 24 points in his last 4 games. Very good fixtures upcoming.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,755 ✭✭✭✭Hello 2D Person Below

Baldock (Sheff Utd)

As I already have Lundstram & Kelly I'm not keen on double ups for either unless it's unavoidable.

Oatamedi was one but he only looks a temp fix until Stones returns.I've never had this much trouble spending money in fpl.

Aurier looks the best option so here we go!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭GetWithIt

Doherty.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Go for it, great move, now is the time

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭Markx

Right, so everybody replying so far has taken the pi$$ out of this idea and I can see why. On balance it's probably a bad move

But...an alternative view is that if (1) you aren't worried about losing value in Vardy, (2) have the funds to do it, (3) can do it for free, (4) don't have any other issues and (5) commit to captaining Kane for the next two games at least then it could be a good move. That's a lot of 'ifs'.

I mean, let's not kill all alternative thought here!

Advertisement