Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

6.5 creedmoor

Options
  • 13-12-2019 1:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭

Just wondering if anybody shoots 6.5 Creedmoor, and how they find availability and pricing of ammunition in RFDs?

I have tried googling, only getting a couple of results, so thought I'd ask here?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

Rifter wrote: »
    Just wondering if anybody shoots 6.5 Creedmoor, and how they find availability and pricing of ammunition in RFDs?

I have tried googling, only getting a couple of results, so thought I'd ask here?

3 lads I know have them, no issues getting ammo.
    They all use the hornady eld-x

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Rifter

garv123 wrote: »
    3 lads I know have them, no issues getting ammo.
    They all use the hornady eld-x

Cheers for the info garv, Any idea on what they're paying per box?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Lone hunter 22wmr

Sports den has all ways being a bit higher on the price.

garv123 wrote: »

Yea that was one of the few results I got, thats why I started the thread, I was wondering about availability and cost!!!

• Advertisement

Give john Lambert a ring he won't be long about telling you about price etc.

Give john Lambert a ring he won't be long about telling you about price etc.

Will do LH

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭tikkamark

Anything above €50 would be about the norm for the larger hornady premium rounds in any shop in Ireland not just sports den.
    Search for the hornady gmx rounds in .243 and they too are very pricy everywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭badshot

bought a bergara last summer absolutely love it
    no problem getting ammo
    the hornady match ammo is great but expensive
    i also use the sellier and bellot at 26 euro a box which the bergara really likes
    love the 6.5 so much that i never use the 243 now .so will probably trade that in for a 204

Federal fusion 130 gr €43.50

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭Gorgeousgeorge

Had a steyr in 6.5 creedmore a few years back. No prob getting ammo all the dealers local to me carried it. Was just in lakelands today and he had a good amount in stock

• Registered Users Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭German pointer

46 euro for the Hornady ELDX In Irish shooting sports

https://www.irishshootingsports.ie/shop/ammo/rifle/centrefire/hornady-centre-fire

He also has a Sako bulk pack of 50 for €72 I think same POI for me at 200 yards and deadly accurate

Thanks for all the info lads, Ive read barrel life is less than .308, but I wouldnt have the wallet to shoot out a factory barrel anyways!! Seems not much more expensive than quality .308

Advertisement