Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Grudge (2020)

• 12-12-2019 9:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,957 ✭✭✭✭

This is due out in the UK on January 31. Red Band Trailer:

Starring Andrea Riseborough, Betty Gilpin, John Cho, Jackie Weaver, Demián Bichir, William Sadler and Frankie Faison.

This has been in "development hell" for years with many changes, and is now an "interquel" set in time between the first two Grudge films.

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,344 ✭✭✭Homelander

Not going to watch the trailer but looking forward to it. Really enjoyed The Grudge and The Grudge 2.... less said about Grudge 3 the better though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,464 ✭✭✭Inviere

Bleugh, not optimistic. The creepy Japanese setting added a huge amount to the first remake, this looks a bit lazy in comparison, but we'll see :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,344 ✭✭✭Homelander

I see critics are slating it, but I thought it was OK. Not brilliant, but if you enjoy these type of films, it's fairly servicable, few good creepy and fairly grim scenes. Definitely better than Grudge 3.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,989 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Saw this last night, thought it was good, not great,
    I liked how in the beginning where the woman is talking on the phone to girl who goes up into the attic in grudge 2004 and then all hear is the static when the grudge thing get her
    thought that was a nice little thing to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

What a terrible, pointless reboot, it literally took nothing good from the original movies and somehow made it another by the numbers haunting movie.

It was so so bad, its the first movie in a long time that i actually turned off before it got to the end, and theres only been like a handful of them in my life.

What the hell were the doing wasting this cast? Why was the movie even made :confused:

Were the cast made to do this by the studio? part of some contract deal for a movie they actually want to make down the road? I'm baffled

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,476 ✭✭✭brianregan09

It took everything that was original about the last set of movies and turned into a generic monster/jump scare film , utter ****e

Advertisement