Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guns N Roses - Marlay Park June 27th

• 13-12-2019 1:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭

GNR are back on Irish shores Saturday June 27th 2020 at Marlay Park.

Tickets on sale Dec 18th 9am.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭corm500

GNR are back on Irish shores Saturday June 27th 2020 at Marlay Park.

Tickets on sale Dec 18th 9am.

Wow. That news came out of the blue.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭hetuzozaho

They are so done, just end it guys

• Registered Users Posts: 37,699 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Wow didnt expect that

• Registered Users Posts: 7,027 ✭✭✭COH

hetuzozaho wrote: »

They were f*cking brilliant at Slane.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,404 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Wow didnt expect that

Well there has been talk about London and Tottenham stadium which is happening but yeah never expected an Irish date. Although it is the last date of the tour so maybe they decided to have a show as they left the continent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

Yeeesssssss

• Registered Users Posts: 6,179 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

Here come the gig junkies who know Sweet Child O Mine and one other song :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭hetuzozaho

COH wrote: »
    They were f*cking brilliant at Slane.

All subjective I guess. I caught them that tour. Its the same gig since I rented the videos of Tokyo from extravision.

The sooner time travelling is invented and I can catch them in Hollywood back in the day, the better ha

• Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭FixitFelix

Anyone got a pre-sale code :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,890 ✭✭✭grimm2005

Looks like tickets will be €99.50 for GA and looking at TM page there will be a gold circle, going to presume it'll be €150 or so, similar to Slane.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,027 ✭✭✭COH

I would also gratefully take a presale code if anyone was feeling charitable

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭limerickabroad

I saw them at Slane, they were brilliant. What's Marlay Park like as a venue?

Tickets can be bought on Ticketmaster now for €146, ticket + night train membership included

• Registered Users Posts: 3,513 ✭✭✭Hoboo

I saw them at Slane, they were brilliant. What's Marlay Park like as a venue?

Great when its not full of kids on their phones. Perfect for GnR.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭davywalsh7

COH wrote: »
    I would also gratefully take a presale code if anyone was feeling charitable

https://mcd.ie/mcd-presale-guns-n-roses/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭wawaman

FixitFelix wrote: »
    Tickets can be bought on Ticketmaster now for €146, ticket + night train membership included

did you get one this way? when i went in, its just frozen and wont let me click on any option

• Registered Users Posts: 12,413 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Yeah €373 for 2 tickets if you want to buy them now.

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭BurnUp78

Axls voice is pretty fecked after going beast mode for the ACDC gigs and the 2016 NA leg, will still be a good show as Slash and crowd singing along is able to carry him. A new album or even a new song or two would be great but any chance of that is slim to none.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,776 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

After The Point 2010, I wouldn't pish on AR if he was on fire, let alone fill his coffers. I'm aware other musicians are part of the band, but tough.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭EyesClosed

Larbre34 wrote: »
    After The Point 2010, I wouldn't pish on AR if he was on fire, let alone fill his coffers. I'm aware other musicians are part of the band, but tough.

... Here we go

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,413 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

That was one of the best gigs ever

wawaman wrote: »
    did you get one this way? when i went in, its just frozen and wont let me click on any option

Go through the guns n roses website and there will be more options on ticket Master

• Registered Users Posts: 3,832 ✭✭✭s8n

Larbre34 wrote: »

Maybe give this one a miss then. Not sure the band will care either way !!

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭DepecheHead101

hetuzozaho wrote: »
    Not their biggest fan, but the comeback has been the complete package. They're fun, loud and shockingly energised.

Since you've saved yourself the bother of going, you ought to rejoice and just let them at it for others who still enjoy them.

Got 2 gold circle tickets, expensive but I love them!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Thrashssacre

Any indication who the support will be?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

Any indication who the support will be?

I hope the darkness. But there's also a lovely gap for system of a down in their tour.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Thrashssacre

I hope the darkness. But there's also a lovely gap for system of a down in their tour.

GNR dont need the extra pull if a big band itll certainly me a smaller cheeper option.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭BurnUp78

Not their biggest fan, but the comeback has been the complete package. They're fun, loud and shockingly energised.

Since you've saved yourself the bother of going, you ought to rejoice and just let them at it for others who still enjoy them.
    It's harder to justify the 100 euro price tag on the second go round because its essentially the same thing just now the lads are 2 years older, which is another 2 years wear and tear on Axls already worn vocal cords.

This isn't the Axl of the 80s and 90s, hell it's a far cry from the reinvigorated, in shape Axl of 2006.

It's a nostalgia cash crab when it just doesn't have to be. Slash and Duff are machines and would easily churn out 10 songs in 6 months if Axl could be bothered to lay down some vocals which for some reason he hasn't be arsed to do since Chinese democracy a whole decade ago.

Advertisement