Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Aspire Pockex issue

Options
  • 12-12-2019 2:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

This is my second foray into vaping and again I’m disappointed by the results.

The issue I have is that I can’t seem to get a clean vape. By that I mean I’m getting an acrid coarse vape and not much throat hit.

I bought the Aspire Pockex recently from Vintage Vape and a low enough 6mg nic fluid.

I previously had an Aygo (think that’s what it was called) and it wasn’t perfect either. In fact I didn’t feel enticed to continue.

Now I’m not a big smoker. Only about 25 a week but I want to stop.

Do I need to buy a big grenade of a device at big price level or is there a device that can provide my needs.

BTW I’ll be heading to the Canaries soon if decices can be bought cheAper over there. Or maybe some one can recommend a device that’s been traded on these forums.

Thanx in advance and apologies if this has been posted before. Wouldn’t know where to have looked to be honest.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,141 ✭✭✭corkie

FLOOPER wrote: »

The issue I have is that I can’t seem to get a clean vape. By that I mean I’m getting an acrid coarse vape and not much throat hit.

I bought the Aspire Pockex recently from Vintage Vape and a low enough 6mg nic fluid.

I previously had an Aygo (think that’s what it was called) and it wasn’t perfect either. In fact I didn’t feel enticed to continue.

Now I’m not a big smoker. Only about 25 a week but I want to stop.

What juice brand/flavor or you using?
    25 Cigs is not allot, maybe look at 3mg fluid instead of 6.

As for occasional vaping, something like the 'Caliburn (/koko)'. Might suit you instead of big devices.

The Digital Services Act 2024 [EU] ~ Social Media and You ~ Nanny State guidance for parental monitoring of apps ~ Censorship: - broad laws that will probably effect Adult use of same.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭leche solara

Don't know anything about the price in the Canaries, but from my experience in countries where cigarettes are very cheap vaping hasnt really taken off, and vape shops can be hard to find. Apart from the health benefits it appears there's also a correlation between the price of cigaretttes and the prevalence of vaping.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,141 ✭✭✭corkie

Forgot to mention, did you prime your coils properly?

Also make sure to use the Right PG/VG ratio depending on the coil.

0.6ohm is more suited to Higher VG.
    1.2ohm ~~ Higher PG.

The Digital Services Act 2024 [EU] ~ Social Media and You ~ Nanny State guidance for parental monitoring of apps ~ Censorship: - broad laws that will probably effect Adult use of same.

• Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭FLOOPER

corkie wrote: »
    What juice brand/flavor or you using?
    25 Cigs is not allot, maybe look at 3mg fluid instead of 6.

As for occasional vaping, something like the 'Caliburn (/koko)'. Might suit you instead of big devices.

Hi Corkie, the fluid im using is DRS House Caramel Tobaoco.

I've tried a friends system and was getting a clean flow so maybe I should just buy that. I feel i need to upgrade reasonably to get what i need even if it has to be a larger device.

Thanks anyway.

Advertisement