Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

best waterproof golf shoes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

jag con wrote: »

I've the spike-less version of these and I love them. They're extremely comfortable and completely waterproof.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭padmcv

• Registered Users Posts: 1,902 ✭✭✭RoadRunner

I recently bought the ecco and also a different pair of underarmour to what you have listed. Have a toe injury and the ecco was just more comfortable. (Flogging the underarmour, PM if you'd like a link!)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭benny79

I normally buy a pair of footjoy for around €100 every Jan. There is no way I'd pay €220 for any shoe ECCO or not. Never had any issues. The ones I bought last year are peeling at the toe and are still waterproof

benny79 wrote: »
    I normally buy a pair of footjoy for around €100 every Jan. There is no way I'd pay €220 for any shoe ECCO or not. Never had any issues. The ones I bought last year are peeling at the toe and are still waterproof

I paid around €200 for my Eccos. I have them almost 3 years. They are in excellent condition and look like they'll easily last me another 3.

Do you not think it's false economy buying a €100 pair of shoes every year, rather than buying a €200 pair of shoes that will last you several years?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭jag con

ronnie3585 wrote: »
    I've the spike-less version of these and I love them. They're extremely comfortable and completely waterproof.

Thanks I ended up going for the Ecco with spikes. I wear orthotics too so I'm happy with this investment

I'd hope to get more than 3-4 years out of the Ecco shoes which would equate to €50 a year. I think that's a better return on investment.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,977 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Have a pair of these for about a year now, very comfortable. I wear them rain or shine and they are great, will probably just get another pair when they are worn out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭benny79

I paid around €200 for my Eccos. I have them almost 3 years. They are in excellent condition and look like they'll easily last me another 3.

Do you not think it's false economy buying a €100 pair of shoes every year, rather than buying a €200 pair of shoes that will last you several years?

I have paid €200 in the past for shoes and they all let in water after a year or so I just stopped. Never had ecco's so cant compare. I just couldn't bring myself to spend €200 on shoes again. My current shoes FJ's are a year old now. Still water proof. just the toes are a bit worn on one. For the record I do clean & look after my shoes. I also find they always crack at the front where you bend your toes this happened with every shoe I have bought. Just my opinion

• Registered Users Posts: 1,902 ✭✭✭RoadRunner

just the toes are a bit worn on one.

from using the foot-wedge? :rolleyes: it's football boots you need :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,960 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Hi i am looking for a good pair of waterproof golf shoes and was looking at these as options

https://www.underarmour.eu/en-ie/mens-ua-spieth-3-gtx-e-golf-shoes/3022514.html

https://www.mcguirksgolf.com/p/footjoy-gents-tour-s-golf-shoes-medium-fit-white---blue/p-55301gentswhblu

https://www.mcguirksgolf.com/p/ecco-gents-biom-g3-waterproof-gore-tex-golf-shoes-white/p-131804eccoshoeswhitegents2019

The Spieth and Ecco are Goretex shoes which would be my preference as i'm a big fan of Goretex.

Any advice on these or other waterprof shoes?

Thanks

The grey fabric around the cuff of the ecco will get pretty dirty this time of year, just something to be aware off if you like to have clean shoes!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭irish bloke

Ild say there isn't much evidence out there to suggest a €100 pair of shoes will last 1 year and a €200 pair will last many.

On my second pair of Footjoys that were both around the €100 mark new. Changed them after several years only because i wanted a different style - still have the old ones.

Also both extremely waterproof even the Footjoy superlites im currently using.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,960 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

GreeBo wrote: »
    The grey fabric around the cuff of the ecco will get pretty dirty this time of year, just something to be aware off if you like to have clean shoes!

But I've found that using the air hose on it keeps it pretty clean since the dirt is really just sitting on the surface!

Ild say there isn't much evidence out there to suggest a €100 pair of shoes will last 1 year and a €200 pair will last many.

He literally said:
    I normally buy a pair of footjoy for around €100 every Jan.

:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭newindublin

On my second season with a pair of Skechers Go Golf Pro, so far very comfortable and very waterproof. Can't see switching to anything else when the current pair eventually does need replacing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭whizbang

€100..
    Except the pair of footjoys you fork out for, are only worth €20.

Never touch footjoys again.

I love the Ecco Yak leather..I dont know what specific model; there's a goretex logo on them, defo no sign of goretex in them.

There's some deals online on the Ecco website with nearly 40% off some golf shoes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭HighLine

McGuirks have some nice deals at the moment. Picked up a pair of these which have a 2 year waterproof warranty.

https://www.mcguirksgolf.com/p/under-armour-gents-hovr-drive-golf-shoes-white/p-3022294whitegents2019

• Registered Users Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭Euphoriasean

• Advertisement

Great price for them, picked up a pair! I've read they're not great waterproof wise but hopefully they will do for spring/summer when it might only be damp if you're playing early morning or caught in a shower

Great price for them, picked up a pair! I've read they're not great waterproof wise but hopefully they will do for spring/summer when it might only be damp if you're playing early morning or caught in a shower

Used them at the weekend, feet were dry but conditions were fairly good. Can't imagine they keep out water on a wet day, material is fairly thin. Also picked up a pair of Puma Ignite NXT Pro shoes for €80 in the sales, haven't wore them yet but there seems to be a world of difference in quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭londonred

There's some deals online on the Ecco website with nearly 40% off some golf shoes.

Got a link for deals on an Ecco website with 80% off golf shoes selling for e21 , looks like it might be too good to be true

www.eccooutlets.com

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭Glebee

londonred wrote: »
    Got a link for deals on an Ecco website with 80% off golf shoes selling for e21 , looks like it might be too good to be true

www.eccooutlets.com

Saw that on facebook as well. Fake im guessing.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭jamfer

Fake for sure - from their "About us"

"Welcome to www.eccooutlets.com Our website specialize in selling the famous BIRKENSTOCK products for women and men.

The principle of every BIRKENSTOCK product has always been to use nature´s specifications as a standard for supporting and maintaining the natural functions of the foot.

From the very beginning, BIRKENSTOCK ...."

• Registered Users Posts: 5,248 ✭✭✭slingerz

what are they like size wise? have read they were small fitting?

slingerz wrote: »

I'm size 11 and the fit seems fine, haven't used them on the course yet so can't speak to comfort. Euphoriasean should be able answer better than me

slingerz wrote: »

Most review say to go a size down. I'm size 10 and they are fine,bit big in the toe but wouldn't go a size down.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,248 ✭✭✭slingerz

Most review say to go a size down. I'm size 10 and they are fine,bit big in the toe but wouldn't go a size down.

thats what i was reading. would be the same as you and was wondering if a 9 would be the best bet to go for?

• Advertisement

I wore them this morning for 9 holes, fairly happy with them. As Euphoriasean says they are a bit big in the toe but I think going a size smaller would be too small.

Advertisement