Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for a good mouse? Check this out.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,681 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

JoyPad wrote: »
    Both me and the heir have had a G502 for the last 2-3 years. I think it's a great productivity mouse.
    I got a G PRO Wireless and the charging pad for the son's birthday. I hope he likes it, alongside his G502, in a two mouse setup.

That will be a great setup,he will love it.
    I have the G502 Hero but also added The Final Mouse ver 2 beside it, its ultra light and precise but crucially feels almost identical in hand to the G502.
    Is it needed? no but The Final Mouse yields better ingame accuracey for me in fps games for sure.
    Id imagine the G Pro being wireless will be an even nicer setup, thats a top class mouse with performance beating most wired mice despite being wireless.

Anyone with a double clicking mouse check this out before binning your beloved mouse.

https://www.howisolve.com/how-to-fix-a-double-clicking-mouse-easily/

Worked great for me with when my final mouse developed double clicking with middle click.
    Delighted as the precision of these high end ultra light mice really have to be seen/used to be believed.

As mentioned already i had been using the G502 Hero for about 5 weeks when my final mouse started to double click middle mouse but after watching a lot of RJN`s videos i looked into fixing my final mouse and managed to do so with the method above and now i fully see what ive been missing.
    Going back to such a mouse was a real difference in fps games.
    My aim is so much better with the final mouse in competitive Destiny 2 crucible ,BFV,CSGO,MW etc.
    After quite a lot of research ive ordered the Glorious Model O- :P

Speaking of which overclockers have an offer of the Model O [thats the medium sized one] and you get a bungee free [i think thats like a cable hanger thingy]

https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/threads/glorious-model-o-gaming-mouse-black-friday-offer-save-over-20.18871608/

Anyone want a practically brand new G502 Hero ? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

I bought the 903 and I'd struggle to go back to a wired mouse these days.

I thought the same but with these ultralight mice a lot of emphasis is put into the cable, in terms of movement the cables on these things are is if they werent there at all.
    Having said that the Logitech G pro and Viper Ultimate perform as good as top spec cables mice but are wireless so in that sense its hard to ignore but they cost about €90- €100 more.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,128 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

dreamers75 wrote: »
    G502 isnt on that list makes me suspicious, its a cracking mouse.

Its not the MX518 but its close.

Then I see logitech is down the table...... dunno lads something off there, Razor 1st????? is there a mouse-gate going on i dont know about.

Just thinking this

Mice are a very personal thing to be honest, a keyboard is a keyboard but a mouse that works for one person might not work for another.

Minute I saw a Razer mouse #1 I sighed

They are undoubtedly really nice to use and look really good (not as really standout anymore mind you) but their quality is still absolute dirt and there is really no justification anymore for their inflated price tag.

RJN is also a Quaker player, and there is pretty unique preferences for a twitch shooter like quake.

It still blows my mind when I see the MX518 pop up these days (even before the recent resurrection).

I flukely bought one with a build I did on komplett in 2007 because I liked the look of the shape of it. Little did I know that I'd be pushed to find anything as comfortable or as hard wearing as it is 12 years on.

It's still plugged in - with it's ridiculous cable - into the MSI downstairs, hasn't skipped a beat in all that time and has come everywhere with me in house moves, country moves and the rest.

Definitely up there with the Nokia 7200 flip phone as my all-time favourite pieces of tech I've owned.

I still have my original 518, works perfectly, and bought the new model and its still in the box. Every now and then I throw my original 518 in for the laugh, it's still so nice to use

I bought the Model O- and it incredible the difference it makes to fps shooters.
    My G502 feels like a brick now.

• Dcully wrote: »
    I bought the Model O- and it incredible the difference it makes to fps shooters.
    My G502 feels like a brick now.

I found it too narrow for my hand. Think i'll hang on to it though just in case my Viper ****s the bed.

Did you get the Model O or O- ? If you got the O- maybe return it for the O?
    I knew the O- was perfect for me as i compared dimensions to my final mouse.

• Advertisement

• Dcully wrote: »
    Did you get the Model O or O- ? If you got the O- maybe return it for the O?
    I knew the O- was perfect for me as i compared dimensions to my final mouse.

I got the O-

Was cheap enough so will keep it in the collection. Thinking of getting the Xtrfy M4 next.

I got the O-

Was cheap enough so will keep it in the collection. Thinking of getting the Xtrfy M4 next.

Yeah a friend has that i tried it and it was very nice but i personally prefer the shape of the O- but they are all very similar at the top end.
    Always good to have quality mouse as a backup :)

• So i took delivery of the M4. Dare i say it but i kinda prefer it to the Viper. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I finally was able to sit down to play yesterday and it meant I can could try out my Razer Mamba.
    First impression: It's not a Deathadder!!! Just joking. Actually really like it. Perfect size, very light, satisfying clicks and so much more precise, then old cheapy mouse I used.
    Don't know how much battery will last. I charged it up fully and played a good bit. But sometimes tells me it won't last as long as old cheapy mouse, which I used for 2 years and haven't changed battery in it yet. :pac:

Can I just point out one thing? Why the hell they put stuff like 16000dpi on mouse?! It's unusable, it's usual marketing for men? More power?!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Can I just point out one thing? Why the hell they put stuff like 16000dpi on mouse?! It's unusable, it's usual marketing for men? More power?!

I change all the DPI settings on mouse to be the same in case I hit the DPI changing button by accident.

its 4700 in most games I have to slightly tinker with mouse settings to change from being bait to actually killing other players.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

dreamers75 wrote: »

its 4700 in most games

giphy.gif

:pac::pac::pac:

I flip between 400 and 800 myself, depends on the type of FPS or character i play (overwatch) in a FPS.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Yes it's just for marketing, the sensors are very accurate now so it's easy for them to allow very high DPI but it's not ideal for accurate use.

Probably best to use the native DPI of the mouse and change the in game sensitivity to what is comfortable for you. Most have a native DPI of 800 but I'm used to 400 so that's what I use and it seems ok.

I think the idea of lower DPI is that muscle memory can only be so accurate so lower DPI gives more consistent results.
    Higher DPI may work well if you are a robot and not a human :)

That's my thoughts too. It was ages since I bought mouse, so I did not payed much attention to specs. Back then it was 6000 ish and it was a lot, even then unusable.
    So I set my mouse now to something like 2500 or less. After setting it to 4700 it's unusable.

Definitely marketing thing.

I use 1600 dpi and really low sensitivity in-game.Usually between 3 and 5.
    Most pros run 800dpi and 6-10 in-game.
    Havent tried that myself but I'm no pro .
    For me it's the incredibly light feel and how a mouse glides aswell as feel in the hand that's most important.

6400 DPI here. Instantly notice if I accidentally click a side button that changes the profile to something slower.

I used to use lower DPI, but I just put it to 6400 and just forced myself to get used to it. But in the end it really doesn't matter as then it also depends how you set mouse sensitivity in game.

Interested to know what pros these days are running 800dpi, that's incredibly low and slow.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

https://prosettings.net/cs-go-pro-settings-gear-list/

That list is fairly up to day so it's still mostly 400-800 in CS GO

In windows you really need to have it set to 6/11 over 6 can skip pixels and under can disregard some movement.

After that any cobo of DPI and game sensitivity is probably fine in most games.
    If I was to use 6400 DPI then I would need something like 0.2 sensitivity in CS, lowering sensitivity that much is not possible in every game.

Ah right I see. Guess though different games are different. Remember lads playing CS with keyboards sideways and using arrow keys back in the day :D

So after I got my Razer Mamba I noticed that my old DeathAdder on my PC is just not as good and my aim really suffers from it, its very old now and even software does not recognize it. So decided to get myself a new mouse. Unfortunately not Argos or PC world had any DeathAdder in stock in Limerick. So I sow Logitech g502 for 69.99eu in stock. Above my budget, but feck it, I need one and my birthday this Month, looked okay for reviews.
    Went in to shop found g502 and as I was about to go I sow they had 1 DeathAdder Elite left 49.99eu! Sweet! Picked up and now playing with it. I am happy I can keep same style ergonomics between my laptop mouse and desktop one.

• Just ordered a Rival 3. Getting decent reviews for it's price.

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

Dcully wrote: »
    I bought the G502 this time last year as a backup and recently switched to it after my old mouse started to double click on a single click.
    Ive grown to really like the G502, fingers crossed it lasts a while, how old is yours?

I reckon the logitech G pro wireless would feel similar for you, wireless i know but the wireless ones listed by RJN perform better than most wired :eek:

I had a G502 as well - great mouse until I also got this double-click problem with it. It was under warranty, so I got it replaced and the same thing happened with the replacement mouse after only a couple of months.

I'm done with Logitech now - I've only ever had problems with their stuff in terms of build quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,323 ✭✭✭Homelander

Surely people with those sort of insane DPI's like 5000 must be using like a fraction of 0.2 or something with in-game sensitivity?

Most pros are at 400-800 with 1.5-3 range. Personally I'm 800 DPI with around 2 in-game.

I bought the G502 recently and best purchase I ever made.

Yeah i use a very low mouse sensitivity in games,its the ultra light weight that becomes unmissable once you experience it.
    My new model O- developed a cable issue a while back and overclockers replaced it but were very awkward to deal with which was a first for well over a decade of purchases from them.
    The replacement is lovely buy my trusty G502 served me well meanwhile- even it it felt like a brick compared to the Model O.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,758 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I'm a Razer DeathAdder guy. I've always had them and just recently upgraded to the Razer DeathAdder V2, loving it

I also got a new gaming mat

Razer Goliathus Extended Chroma

• Headshot wrote: »
    I'm a Razer DeathAdder guy. I've always had them and just recently upgraded to the Razer DeathAdder V2, loving it

I also got a new gaming mat

Razer Goliathus Extended Chroma

Hopefully you don't get the waves on that mousepad. I had two and sent them both back for refunds.

XrayPad Equate Plus is the one i use now. Very nice balance of speed and control.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53,758 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Hopefully you don't get the waves on that mousepad. I had two and sent them both back for refunds.

XrayPad Equate Plus is the one i use now. Very nice balance of speed and control.

I did have to return the first Razer Goliathus Extended Chroma as it felt the mouse was sliding over gravel (if that makes sense)

Advertisement