Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Recruitment Stage 4 (2019 Campaign)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Aaron123

Aaron123 wrote: »
    Tighted your stomach tense up your whole body legs glutes back etc. Put on foot in front of the other (if allowed) keep a rigid body as in a tight core. This will help you keep your posture and create more power while your pushing

Hope that helps!

• Registered Users Posts: 31 papster97

Hey everyone, my form b was sent back on the 26th of November and I haven't heard anything back yet, anyone else in the same boat? Just getting worried I done it wrong. Oom 313 after interviews

Im the same a confirmation email from them would be nice

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭AD07

Tighted your stomach tense up your whole body legs glutes back etc. Put on foot in front of the other (if allowed) keep a rigid body as in a tight core. This will help you keep your posture and create more power while your pushing

Perfect thanks a million!

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Shigeru

Hi. I did my interview in November and thankfully passed. Received word about that in the first few days of December.

When should we hear about sending in form B?

Christmas will throw a spanner in the works I'm guessing

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Kerry0108

Shigeru wrote: »
    Hi. I did my interview in November and thankfully passed. Received word about that in the first few days of December.

When should we hear about sending in form B?

Christmas will throw a spanner in the works I'm guessing
    Hi I’m in the same boat . Did you receive Form B yet . Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 CD421

Hi, have completed all stages as of today. Did interview in September, fitness last week and passed medical today. Had interview with local sergeant last week. Any ideas on when we will be called? Or how you know what stage your vetting is at, or if it’s even started? Thanks

I haven't received form B yet.

[PHP][/PHP]
    Kerry0108 wrote: »
    Hi I’m in the same boat . Did you receive Form B yet . Thanks

Haven't received form B yet

• Registered Users Posts: 29 WhatsUp2014

Hi folks.

Question in regards to form B. What counts as a spouse / partner. If you are only dating someone a short period of time have no ties eg kids mortgage etc it would hardly make sense to note them on form b. Has anyone put down their boyfriends or girlfriends on it. And again especially if you have no kids no mortgage nothing that ties you together legally.

CD421 wrote: »
    Hi, have completed all stages as of today. Did interview in September, fitness last week and passed medical today. Had interview with local sergeant last week. Any ideas on when we will be called? Or how you know what stage your vetting is at, or if it’s even started? Thanks
    Received offer this evening! Delighted

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 mh2019

congrats!! Everything happened very quickly for you. Got an offer yesterday too for January :)
    From 2018

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Dave3345

FairPlay congrats. We’re you from the 2019 campaign

Thank you! Yeah from 2019

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Dave3345

Do they get in touch by email is it ? I’m like yourself I finished everything yesterday. I guess just need to be patient because it seems to be different lengths for everyone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Dave Ryan20

Congratulations. What oom are you after the interview?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Jadeie.t

Anybody have any idea when you are called for a retest for the PCT of you failed one part?
    Thank you!

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭St.Brigids

Anyone meet the sergeant yet? Anything I should know. Is it informal? Wearing jeans etc okay?

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭AD07

St.Brigids wrote: »
    Anyone meet the sergeant yet? Anything I should know. Is it informal? Wearing jeans etc okay?

Mine was informal just wore jeans. It was relaxed

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭LB1197

My GP clearance had to be sent back by 6th of December and I still haven't heard anything about PCT? Anyone else in the same boat? Should I give them a call?

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Neisey13

LB1197 wrote: »
    My GP clearance had to be sent back by 6th of December and I still haven't heard anything about PCT? Anyone else in the same boat? Should I give them a call?
    My GP had to be back by 20th Nov and I still haven't heard re PCT. I've met with my sgt and super over a week ago now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭daniel1390

I'd defo give them a call that is too long!!

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Whitsundays93

LB1197 wrote: »

I sent gp form on the 20th November no news yet, I rang and was told to expect to be called “soon”, but no indication as to how soon is soon.
    I reckon they have enough people or expect to have enough for the 1st intake and we’ll be called in New Year for the 2nd intake (that’s just speculation on my part though! )

• Registered Users Posts: 5 mh2019

Jadeie.t wrote: »
    Anybody have any idea when you are called for a retest for the PCT of you failed one part?
    Thank you!
    You have to wait 3 months from the date of the first time you done the fitness test until you can resit the part you failed

• Registered Users Posts: 11 DCLeg

Is form B not your vetting?!

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭SquireD

mh2019 wrote: »
    congrats!! Everything happened very quickly for you. Got an offer yesterday too for January :)
    From 2018

Well done, congrat's! So is first intake in January then? Seems very soon, thought first intake would have been in March/April...

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭LB1197

Neisey13 wrote: »
    My GP had to be back by 20th Nov and I still haven't heard re PCT. I've met with my sgt and super over a week ago now.

Oh really I thought you had to do PCT before meeting sergeant and super. Might give them a call and seen if theres any indication of when it might be.

Local Sergeant called me today and have meeting this evening. Would black slacks and smart blouse be suitable for it? (I’m a girl).

• Registered Users Posts: 45 DeclanW1999

Hi, I am waiting for a date for my PCT. Any one have any idea when dates are coming out? also when do we have to meet our local sergeant and how do they contact you. Thanks for the help

Hi, I am waiting for a date for my PCT. Any one have any idea when dates are coming out? also when do we have to meet our local sergeant and how do they contact you. Thanks for the help
    Mine phoned me this morning, and asked if I was free this evening :)

No idea about pct yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45 DeclanW1999

Thanks very much.

Advertisement