Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

2021 B&I Lions tour of South Africa

• 11-12-2019 12:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,199 ✭✭✭

So the fixtures for the tour have been announced:

Lions2021_Itiner.png

I'm looking to head to this one but I have no idea how to go about it.

Has anyone been before? How do you get tickets? Do you basically have to book with the tour itself?

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Kevski

I went to New Zealand two years ago and booked it myself. Tickets were handy enough to get through Ticketmaster for the warm up games and the tests.

There were huge numbers on the tours in NZ, many of whom travelled around in camper vans which is a bit of a thing there. Not sure if it will be a similar situation for the tours in SA.

We’re thinking of going to SA in 2021 and at the moment are looking at doing it ourselves again as it allows us to travel around at our own pace. KLM generally have reasonably priced flights from Dublin to SA via AMS so flights will be a hell of a lot cheaper this time around!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,172 ✭✭✭crisco10

Kevski wrote: »
    I went to New Zealand two years ago and booked it myself. Tickets were handy enough to get through Ticketmaster for the warm up games and the tests.

There were huge numbers on the tours in NZ, many of whom travelled around in camper vans which is a bit of a thing there. Not sure if it will be a similar situation for the tours in SA.

We’re thinking of going to SA in 2021 and at the moment are looking at doing it ourselves again as it allows us to travel around at our own pace. KLM generally have reasonably priced flights from Dublin to SA via AMS so flights will be a hell of a lot cheaper this time around!

Flights wont be the problem, Air France, KLM, BA, Swiss, Lufthansa, Turkish, Iberia and the Middle east airlines all have multiple flights per day to SA. So it's easy to find value somewhere.

Must start seeing what the craic with tickets is.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,199 ✭✭✭troyzer

I'd rather do it myself. As you say, flights are inexpensive and I'd rather have my own time.

I'm just worried about getting tickets.

Advertisement