Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Resident Evil 3 REmake

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,235 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Time to put my big boy pants on again!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,201 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I was afraid they were going first-person in the game, but thankfully it was only for the trailer. Looks awesome though. As I said in the other thread, if it's even close to how good RE2 was, it'll be fantastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,472 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Capcom with the tomfoolery. First project resistance, then first person, then resi 3 and then project resistance free with it :)

Is that thomas middleditch (Richard from silicon valley) at 1:46 who says "I'm not infected"? Sounds just like him.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,694 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

But why did they have to put Jill in pants?
    VkMrQStl.png
    Her iconic outfit fit into "survivor caught up at the wrong time in a city gone mad" - like she wanted to relax & go on the town, but was caught unawares.

6mE7M3Rl.png
    This new "design" is bland as hell, with really bad colour coordination.
    RIP mini-skirts 1999-2020

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

It's 2019 my guy. She's Milla Jovovich now

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

Wonder if there'll be a 1st person mode... :o

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Oh im sure there will be a preorder/deluxe version that will have all the old costumes to circumvent the moany hole feminists that they are obviously trying to avoid with the change.. April 2020, fair play to them to bang it out this quick, though im sure they were probably already working on it before REmake 2 :)

nix wrote: »
    Oh im sure there will be a preorder/deluxe version that will have all the old costumes to circumvent the moany hole feminists that they are obviously trying to avoid with the change.. April 2020, fair play to them to bang it out this quick, though im sure they were probably already working on it before REmake 2 :)

Looks like :rolleyes:
    ELboPPeX0AArzGu.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

The most important question....can you call it Resident Evil 3make?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭Azza

I read Kiki's first post and I'm like "who the f**k goes for a night out on the town during a zombie apocalypse!"

Smidge of gameplay below. Also the new costume design is because "compared to 2, 3 is more action orientated". Well that clears that up then...

• Registered Users Posts: 23,102 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Well a miniskirt is hardly peak survival gear, in fairness.

Odds on the usual outrage merchants on Youtube getting salty over a pair of jeans?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Doctor Nick

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Smidge of gameplay below. Also the new costume design is because "compared to 2, 3 is more action orientated". Well that clears that up then...

Looks like we can dodge in this one. Nice. As somebody who never played the originals I am very hyped for this. Two was my second favourite game this year.

Ugh "more action orientated", urge to play plummeting.. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Evade

Azza wrote: »
    I read Kiki's first post and I'm like "who the f**k goes for a night out on the town during a zombie apocalypse!"
    She was just back from a night out in the original if I'm remembering it right.

Looks like we can dodge in this one. Nice. As somebody who never played the originals I am very hyped for this. Two was my second favourite game this year.

Pretty sure both of those are from the original PS1 release.

The original Resident Evil 3 was designed to be more action orientated than RE2 was so in that regards its accurate. You can disengage angry mode from autopilot now.

The original Resident Evil 3 was designed to be more action orientated than RE2 was so in that regards its accurate. You can disengage angry mode from autopilot now.

Well I'm a bit angry because to me from them saying that, it would mean they're making it more like the later resident evil games (4+). But if by "more action" it just means more zombies to shoot at, grand. To be honest, theres very little difference gameplay wise from RE2+3, so that phrase being used on the original RE3 is lost on me and makes no sense...

Anyway, you can disengage dickhead mode from autopilot now ;)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,125 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ten of Swords

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    But why did they have to put Jill in pants?

This new "design" is bland as hell, with really bad colour coordination.
    RIP mini-skirts 1999-2020

Looks much more like her original RE1 costume without the beret

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,720 ✭✭✭Greyfox

Delighted its confirmed, its this years best piece of gaming news, can't wait for this. Also isn't is great when a game is announced and you know your not going to be waiting ages for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭Underground

Chuffed with this. Great that it's coming out soon enough too. Original RE3 scared the bejaysus outta me.

I would imagine like the original, this one will reuse some of the maps from the RE2 remake like the police station, which no doubt played a part in getting this to release date quicker.

Well I'm a bit angry because to me from them saying that, it would mean they're making it more like the later resident evil games (4+). But if by "more action" it just means more zombies to shoot at, grand. To be honest, theres very little difference gameplay wise from RE2+3, so that phrase being used on the original RE3 is lost on me and makes no sense...

Anyway, you can disengage dickhead mode from autopilot now ;)

The way RE3 was made more action orientated was basically just an increased zombie count, maybe more ammo. So its probably something on those lines that RE3 Remake will be made.

Fair enough if you don't know the history of RE, no law requires you too, but it would be nice if people at least waited for a bit more info on the game before reaching for the pitch fork to impale it with.

Anyway Resident Evil 3: Nemesis wasn't really meant to be the RE3, that was really Code Veronica. Nemesis started life more as expansion/spin off/side game to RE2, hence using the exact same graphics engine and being a shorter game than RE2 with only 1 playable character as opposed to the 2 playable characters in RE2, and even the addition of Nemesis was well liked and the game is still considered good overall it wasn't considered as good as 2 overall.

Code Veronica was the real RE3 in development for Sega's Dreamcast, but Sony had a contract for 3 PS1 Resident Evil games and insisted on Nemesis being numbered as RE3 so they could say they had the RE trilogy on PS1. Hence the titles got switched around.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,125 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ten of Swords

I can't be the only one that really disliked Code Veronica?

The way RE3 was made more action orientated was basically just an increased zombie count, maybe more ammo. So its probably something on those lines that RE3 Remake will be made.

Fair enough if you don't know the history of RE, no law requires you too, but it would be nice if people at least waited for a bit more info on the game before reaching for the pitch fork to impale it with.

Anyway Resident Evil 3: Nemesis wasn't really meant to be the RE3, that was really Code Veronica. Nemesis started life more as expansion/spin off/side game to RE2, hence using the exact same graphics engine and being a shorter game than RE2 with only 1 playable character as opposed to the 2 playable characters in RE2, and even the addition of Nemesis was well liked and the game is still considered good overall it wasn't considered as good as 2 overall.

Code Veronica was the real RE3 in development for Sega's Dreamcast, but Sony had a contract for 3 PS1 Resident Evil games and insisted on Nemesis being numbered as RE3 so they could say they had the RE trilogy on PS1. Hence the titles got switched around.

I know the history of RE, i just wouldnt have labeled RE3 as any different from 1-2 in terms of gameplay/action, hence my disappointment on them saying they are going for more action.

They have a good thing going with REmake 2, they dont need to change much going forward, and im hoping they dont start breaching that wall of survival horror to OTT action....again..

I'm not against adding new stuff, throw in more guns and ammo, dodge mechanic, just keep it grounded so we dont end up with **** like this:

giphy.gif

And im not stabbing anything with pitchforks, just conveying disappointment on what was said in the vid :P

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭daheadonu

Apparently this is being worked on by former platinum games ceo tatsuya minami,worked on the likes of remake 1, haunting ground,devil may cry,mega man and loads more.

Good sign imo the guy knows gow to atmospheric horror games.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 2,449 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rob2D

Gunmonkey wrote: »
    The most important question....can you call it Resident Evil 3make?

I was honestly expecting R3make.
    I'm not against adding new stuff, throw in more guns and ammo, dodge mechanic, just keep it grounded so we dont end up with **** like this:

giphy.gif

I dunno, I've always kinda liked Leon in those CGI movies. It makes sense that after years and years of dealing with this stuff, Chris, Leon et al would just get good at fighting monsters and don't afraid of anything anymore :pac: Case in point, that bit with the licker in the carpark; Leon starts chasing the licker and IT runs away in fear. Gas.

heh, its more than just that though, Zombies dont attack in formation or try and grab you like a mugger :D:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 33,201 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I think it makes sense. RE2 was very much about confined spaces and tight corridors. RE3 is more getting through the city with larger areas, so makes sense that it's going to be slightly heavier on the action in some places to counterbalance that.

• Advertisement

Penn wrote: »
    I think it makes sense. RE2 was very much about confined spaces and tight corridors. RE3 is more getting through the city with larger areas, so makes sense that it's going to be slightly heavier on the action in some places to counterbalance that.

If you watch the video what the developers actually said was in reference to Jill's re-design

"Her outfit was changed somewhat from her original design. We're really happy with how her new design came out. If you compare Resident Evil 3 to the second installment, it leans more towards action. So we remade everything based on that premise"

This is likely to address complaints from fans unhappy that they changed Jill out of her classic RE3 outfit. While her RE3 outfit is no doubt a fan favorite, it was often ridiculed as being wholly inappropriate for the situation she was in.

I guess by changing her default outfit to something a bit less sexualized they can use the new default appearance in all the pre-release marketing to appease those who would complain about yet a another example of over sexualization of female characters in video games and at the same time release the classic outfit as DLC/Pre Order Bonus to appease fans of the classic outfit and also make abit more money out of them. (Actually that's not working, over on Neogaff there is posters complaining the classic outfit is not skin tight enough!)

Aside from whatever you think about the above, its safe to say they don't intend to make the game into RE4 and later style RE but just make it more action orientated in the way 3 was to 2. Likely it just means more time spent fighting enemies and higher enemy counts as well as Nemesis battles but the gameplay will almost be entirely identical to RE2 Remake.

Advertisement