Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Best mulled wine?

• 09-12-2019 6:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭

Had a glass for the first time ever recently and really enjoyed. Is there a nice brand I can get hold of for the xmas? Not looking to make my own.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,000 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

zweton wrote: »
    Had a glass for the first time ever recently and really enjoyed. Is there a nice brand I can get hold of for the xmas? Not looking to make my own.

Thanks

Marks and Spencer!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭otnomart

Christkindl Glühwein from Lidl
    99% of mulled wine sold at Christmas Markets around Europe !

25350_01.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭zweton

otnomart wrote: »

25350_01.jpg

Nice, must have a look and see if its in already.

• Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭Mike3549

zweton wrote: »
    Nice, must have a look and see if its in already.

Oh its def in. Might be gone soon. I remember one year it was all gone in all shops around Dublin weeks before christmas.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,872 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

otnomart wrote: »

25350_01.jpg

This.

We picked up a bottle last week, and it’s a proper mulled wine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭donegal_man

Why not have a go at making your own? This is a handy recipe I've been using for years.

1 Bottle Red Wine (use a decent one but don't go mad)
    1/4 Bottle Brandy
    1 Bottle Red Lemonade
    Cinnamon Stick(s)
    12 Cloves (approx )
    1 Orange
    1 Lemon
    1 Inch Root Ginger
    Sugar if desired

Stud the orange and the lemon with cloves and simmer in the lemonade along with the cinnamon sticks and ginger and sugar if used for five-ten minutes
    Add the wine and brandy and bring back up to temperature for a further five minutes
    DON'T LET IT BOIL!!

Add a shot of fruit liqueur if you want to jazz it up a bit

What I like to do just before serving is sprinkle in some grated orange and lemon peel

Advertisement