Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Game week 17 transfer thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭Minime2.5

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Before anyone makes transfers this week I’d suggest they have a look at the fixtures of their current team. It’s a dream week on paper for the popular picks

Liverpool defenders - Watford home
    Lundstram - Villa home
    Soyuncu/Pereira/Chilwell - Norwich home
    Kelly - Bournemouth home

Mane/Salah - Watford home
    Maddison - Norwich home
    Son/Alli - Wolves home
    Mount/Pulisic - Bournemouth home
    Zaha - Bournemouth home

Vardy - Norwich home
    Abraham - Bournemouth home
    Rashford - Everton home
    Ings - West Ham home

Really apart from Spurs, Wolves and City players, most of the popular players have excellent fixtures on paper. Shame to transfer before them

Spurs are away to wolves

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭Alanhooly

KDB & Jimenez - > Alli & Rashford, no hit.

I know what happens next.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,393 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

Jimi/Hilson out for Rashford/Shelvey

• Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I like how I'm set for GW 17, and hate how I'm set for GW 18, so banking the transfer seems the sensible call.

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

• Registered Users Posts: 3,358 ✭✭✭macraignil

ElTel wrote: »
    Will Alli not do yah!?
    I've KDB since GW1 (Son and Alli too :p )

No.

No.

Nice to have all 3 and KDB will likely score well but as some have said he is not generally playing very far forward so I think there are a few cheaper options that may score just as well. Did loose some value in selling him but just feel Manchester City are less of a force this season with Fernandinho playing more as a defender and not winning the ball back further up the field.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

macraignil wrote: »
    No.

Nice to have all 3 and KDB will likely score well but as some have said he is not generally playing very far forward so I think there are a few cheaper options that may score just as well. Did loose some value in selling him but just feel Manchester City are less of a force this season with Fernandinho playing more as a defender and not winning the ball back further up the field.

Can't argue with that. City put it all on his shoulders. He shifted all over the pitch but United took their cue off him. A fresher Kevin against Arsenal is yummy.

I could counter, that not playing advanced benefits him against low blocks. A better Shelvy. Moutinho type in a 70% possession team. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭miller82

anyone any insight to what the story is with Tomori at chelsea ? Is he done ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,362 ✭✭✭GiftofGab

Might Triple Captain Vardy this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭slimshady007

miller82 wrote: »
    anyone any insight to what the story is with Tomori at chelsea ? Is he done ?

They just conceded 3 to Everton at the weekend so can see him coming straight back in. They've conceded a lot all season tho so Lampard may well strengthen in January.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,491 ✭✭✭VW 1

Went tomori/sterling to som/soyuncu. Happy with the reasoning, Sterling has been killing me with low returns over six weeks and tomori just isn't playing and was going to drop. Pretty happy with my XI for next gw, and have been plodding along nicely, going from 1.5m to 400k in 5 weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

Need Spurs cover... thinking of moving Luiz (villa) out and sissoko In. Alternatively I can drop sterling for Son. Any thoughts lads?

Pope Heaton
    Robo Clark Soy Rico Ludstrum
    Sterling Mane Zaha Grealish Luiz
    Jimi Vardy Ings

2.3 itb

• Registered Users Posts: 9,924 ✭✭✭normanoffside

Need Spurs cover... thinking of moving Luiz (villa) out and sissoko In. Alternatively I can drop sterling for Son. Any thoughts lads?

Pope Heaton
    Jimi Vardy Ings

2.3 itb

If you are gonna need spurs cover you'd be better getting Son or Alli.
    I'd look at moving Steerling or even Mane on (Mane has a blank after the next GW)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,358 ✭✭✭macraignil

ElTel wrote: »
    Can't argue with that. City put it all on his shoulders. He shifted all over the pitch but United took their cue off him. A fresher Kevin against Arsenal is yummy.

I could counter, that not playing advanced benefits him against low blocks. A better Shelvy. Moutinho type in a 70% possession team. :o

You might have more information on who is playing for Manchester City this Wednesday at Dinamo Zagreb but was not sure myself Kevin would be any fresher than usual when they meet Arsenal. Bringing in Son the only other option for me to drop would have been Pulisic and they face a Bournemouth team at Stamford bridge so hoping he will get back into the scoring in that game. Just betting Pulisic will score more than De Bruyne next weekend which might not work out at all.

Shelvy was another player that I was considering bringing in but realistically he would just be replacing Cantwell on the bench so reckoned using the free transfer on a player who is more likely to get in my first 11 made more sense. If I went Sterling and De Bruyne to Alli and Shelvey over the last couple of weeks I'd have a ridiculous 9mill. in the bank. Already now have 4mill to try and upgrade somewhere since switching my City players to the two Spurs midfielders. Don't think I ever had that much in the bank in the middle of an FPL season but feel a lot of the high price players are not giving the returns to justify their price.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,647 ✭✭✭elefant

Pope Heaton
    Jimi Vardy Ings

2.3 itb

Maybe Jimenez and Luiz to a cheaper forward and Alli/Son? Wolves have 3 bad fixtures in their next 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Am in the market for a keeper. Who do people fancy over the next few GWs? Don’t want to double up on a CP or SHU defense.

Looking at Ramsdale but Bournemouth have been crap all year. Watford look quite tight at the back but are destined to ship goals.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Tomari to Kelly.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,361 ✭✭✭Shedite27

They just conceded 3 to Everton at the weekend so can see him coming straight back in. They've conceded a lot all season tho so Lampard may well strengthen in January.
    They've Rudiger coming back in the next few weeks too. I'm holding him this week, but if he's dropped 3 games in a row, with German international CB incoming, he's not got much hope I fear

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

ShagNastii wrote: »
    Am in the market for a keeper. Who do people fancy over the next few GWs? Don’t want to double up on a CP or SHU defense.

Looking at Ramsdale but Bournemouth have been crap all year. Watford look quite tight at the back but are destined to ship goals.

Ryan could be a good bet at Brighton.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭Porthallian

Heaton

• Registered Users Posts: 4,647 ✭✭✭elefant

Nerdlingr wrote: »
    Ryan could be a good bet at Brighton.

Ryan is great. Makes loads of saves, clean sheets here and there, and gets lots of bonus points added by virtue of having the highest number of passes completed of all goalkeepers in the league.

3+ points 10 out of 16 games is nice value for his 4.5.

• Advertisement

elefant wrote: »
    Ryan is great. Makes loads of saves, clean sheets here and there, and gets lots of bonus points added by virtue of having the highest number of passes completed of all goalkeepers in the league.

3+ points 10 out of 16 games is nice value for his 4.5.
    His BPS is another level alright, 362 when the other popular keepers are bunched together between 290-310. Apart from Spurs away, he has a decent next 12 fixtures too. He's 4.8 now unfortunately, still great value.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,056 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Tomori and Mount to Kelly and Zaha - thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,324 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Tusky wrote: »

Not sure what Zaha has done to warrant a transfer in. Amount of goals Palace score should turn you away anyway. Even then, his contributions are minimal

• Registered Users Posts: 15,089 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Tusky wrote: »

Save cash and go with James maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

Kdb and greenwood out, Cantwell and Rashford in.

jamesbere wrote: »
    Kdb and greenwood out, Cantwell and Rashford in.
    Tempted to do same, but taking a -4 to remove KDB sounds stupid. On the flip side, I'd prefer to have Cantwell for the Liverpool blank week next week than Greenwood.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,354 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Thinking of banking,would then have two FT following GW to downgrade TAA (not sure he's worth the price) would then allow me a decent upgrade for Zaha or Jimi

• Registered Users Posts: 6,703 ✭✭✭Pete_Cavan

I'll probably be going with Heaton, good fixtures coming up.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Why has tomori been dropped.? They conceding even more without him

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    Why has tomori been dropped.? They conceding even more without him

He apparently has a slight hip issue and will not be in squad midweek
    Will try and wait till Friday now unless kelly looks like rising again

Advertisement