Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nioh

• 06-12-2019 1:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I couldn't even find the old thread to resurrect

Man Nioh is great. Still don't know what I'm doing. Beat the second boss. Had heard she was hard, people dying over and over again. I did 15-20 times but what was unusual I didn't get anywhere. Was getting killed in the first few seconds EVERYTIME. Got 1/2 way once but that was an outlier.
    Much later I was fighting her and it was going on longer than usual. Looked up and her health bar was way down, which did nothing but panic me. As the battle raged on so did my blood pressure. Bearing in mind the cow was one hit killing me over and over. Got an opening right at the end and went for it, tbh it could have gone either way. This time the glory was mine
    Eat s**t Hino Enma
    Hino Enma 37 Gimli 1

I'm not sure I'll complete this. Everytime I come up against a boss (twice) I think "This is it"

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

She's one of the hardest bosses in the game, you got this :)

Enjoy!

• I admit I lost patience there with a similar number of attempts and summoned help.

Nix is spot on , you good to go for ages before you encounter anything even close from what I recall.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

The game can be broken in so many ways. Builds that are crazy OP or enemies that seem crazy OP and there's lots of ways to cheese fights.

Speaking of hard bosses only the first 3 stand out to me. The boat guy, the vampire lady and the dogo, which i think is the next one for you. Everything else is forgettable, probably cause i crushed them.

If you get past the next boss which is something like a dog, then i think your well on your way to beating the game. Until you get to the clone room near the end of the game :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

The game can be broken in so many ways. Builds that are crazy OP or enemies that seem crazy OP and there's lots of ways to cheese fights.

Speaking of hard bosses only the first 3 stand out to me. The boat guy, the vampire lady and the dogo, which i think is the next one for you. Everything else is forgettable, probably cause i crushed them.

If you get past the next boss which is something like a dog, then i think your well on your way to beating the game. Until you get to the clone room near the end of the game :pac:

Yeah, as soon you you can pick up
    Sloth
    i think its called, you can rinse pretty much anything easily, although i think it may have been nerfed since i last played it. Still though, the game gets progressively easier either way the more abilities/gear you pick up.

I still havent played the DLC's, i tried to awhile ago, but i wasnt in the mood to keep at it, i wanted/had to do a fresh run which is what slowed me down i think..

I could just pick up from my last save, but i cant remember much story wise and i didnt know my arse from my elbow on what abilities did what.. Which is why i favoured the fresh run.. but i just couldnt get into it :(

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

All going swimmingly Dogo dispatched and some Samurai Dude who was a piece of cake. Then noticed a side mission before I left the first area.
    Samurai on a little island, he was not very nice.
    I don't think he'll be a hurdle.
    Yup I know of sloth and will equip as soon as I can

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭skerry

It's a great game, must get back to it. Hinno Emna is definitely a test, lost count of the amount of times she got the better of me one night. Left it down and spent the next day in work plotting her demise and beat her when I got home, fresh eyes and all that. Omi Bozu is supposed to be hard but if you hang on to some masks you collect for that fight it's a cake walk ;)

oh god, what do masks do?

gimli2112 wrote: »
    oh god, what do masks do?

Think their called Hyokotto masks or something like that. They give you a fire based attack when used. You might have a few picked up already. That boss is very weak to fire so they help a lot in that fight.

those fire masks got me through the water boss, he was an absolute head melter, I'm just on the third area. I'm over levelled but my gear is under. Not sure how to get better stuff. The blacksmith is intimidating

those fire masks got me through the water boss, he was an absolute head melter, I'm just on the third area. I'm over levelled but my gear is under. Not sure how to get better stuff. The blacksmith is intimidating

They fairly melt him alright. Still have to be cautious though as I think he can one shot you if your not careful.

Think I was in a similar position as yourself gear wise until I realised I was playing offline. Have you been using the graves of other players to fight the players character as an NPC (cant remember what their called in the game)? A load of them should show up when you play online and you can inspect for gear pieces you want before you fight them.

If you go to the grave marker you can see what gear they have and if you beat their ghost thing you get the gear, or at least some of it, cant quite remember. That was the way I got the best armour I got until that point in the game anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭daheadonu

Yeah you would only want to get your gear from the graves of other players on your first playthrough,it goes yellow,blue then purple in order of rarity.Dont bother with soul matching till ng plus it just gets too expensive,although reforging is very handy for getting good traits onto your preferred weapon.

Also you get points from defeating the graves if other players which you can use at the tea house(after spider lady) and they can be used to get random weapons of varying quality and to buy items and components for crafting

I'm currently stuck on a bridge with no save point, a ton of graves and a baddie. It doesn't bode well. I'm hammering the guy but doing next to no damage. I think it's a gear problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

I'm just clearing up the last few trophies in Demons Souls and was looking through my Plus library to see if anything caught my eye. Nioh is there and i was considering downloading it when i came across the remastered bundle which released this week.

https://www.psu.com/reviews/nioh-collection-review-ps5-an-opulent-value-stuffed-remastering-of-two-of-the-best-action-rpgs-money-can-buy/

Having never played the series I'm excited. Updated visuals and 60fps! and two for the price of one.

I see it has a 4 player co op mode, can the full game be played in co op or is it similar to the Souls games?

Also the hero is Irish is there any back story to that? What's he doing fighting Demon's Samurai in feudal Japan?:pac:

I put down Nioh and never went back to it as I got distracted by something else. I was stuck on a boss fight, it was one of those ones where I nearly had him a few times and died stupidly and got too frustrated but it was certainly doable, I must go back to it. Being able to pick up where you left off on the Ps4 might entice me to get this when I get a ps5

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

weiland79 wrote: »
    I'm just clearing up the last few trophies in Demons Souls and was looking through my Plus library to see if anything caught my eye. Nioh is there and i was considering downloading it when i came across the remastered bundle which released this week.

https://www.psu.com/reviews/nioh-collection-review-ps5-an-opulent-value-stuffed-remastering-of-two-of-the-best-action-rpgs-money-can-buy/

Having never played the series I'm excited. Updated visuals and 60fps! and two for the price of one.

I see it has a 4 player co op mode, can the full game be played in co op or is it similar to the Souls games?

Also the hero is Irish is there any back story to that? What's he doing fighting Demon's Samurai in feudal Japan?:pac:

Nioh is excellent, loved the game. It starts in the tower of London so you do get some explanation of how an Irish guy ends up in Japan!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

I put down Nioh and never went back to it as I got distracted by something else. I was stuck on a boss fight, it was one of those ones where I nearly had him a few times and died stupidly and got too frustrated but it was certainly doable, I must go back to it. Being able to pick up where you left off on the Ps4 might entice me to get this when I get a ps5

Reading the article above it does say you can pick up where you left off on the ps4.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,187 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Reading the article above it does say you can pick up where you left off on the ps4.

You just need to upload the save to the cloud and download it to the PS5 and you can indeed carry on

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

Any way to find out if the PS plus version that we got last year upgrades to the PS5 version?

Advertisement