Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

SMOK RPM40-Has anyone tried it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,128 ✭✭✭corkie

VooPoo: PnP-RBA been released from today!!

496923.png

^^^ From above, looks like a post-less deck?

Visit: - https://www.voopoo.com/service and update the firmware on the device to support the RBA mode. <<< For 'Vinci'.
    after u upgrade your device , tick it 4x times to toggle rba on off

From a post on facebook, maybe not available to order yet.

Edit: - In RBA mode, your watts are not locked to recommended max by the coil in the device.

## I'm not affiliated with any store or review site ##

The Digital Services Act 2024 [EU] ~ Social Media and You ~ Nanny State guidance for parental monitoring of apps ~ Censorship: - broad laws that will probably effect Adult use of same.

Unofficial RBA for RPM/Vinci

Came across this when looking for PnP-RBA

Mechlyfe COMPACT RBA Atomizer Coil Head 510 thread connection design Cores for rpm pod/vinci pod Vaping tank

or

1pcs/2pcs/3pcs Electronic Cigarette COMPACT RBA Atomizer Cores 510 thread design Coil Head for rpm pod/vinci pod

9717700-3.jpg

rba3-550x550.png

Above maybe a better option for the RPM, than official !!??

The Digital Services Act 2024 [EU] ~ Social Media and You ~ Nanny State guidance for parental monitoring of apps ~ Censorship: - broad laws that will probably effect Adult use of same.

Been pricing around for the PnP-RBA kit!

VOOPOO PnP RBA Coil DIY MTL Half-DL Resistance & PnP-RBA prebuilt Wire 0.6ohm for VINCI/VINCI R/VINCI X

€7.57 for One or €10.57 for two.

Package includes: -
    PnP-RBA Coil:
    2 x Screw
    1 x Screwdriver
    2 x Silicone loop
    1 x 0.6Ω Heat wire
    1 x Coiling Pole
    1 x Cotton

€5.41 for 10 * PnP-RBA Prebuilt Wire

H38a3ed3a5e2a43638749377dc904643e3.png

^^^ Above seller is the only one, i found so far that listed contents.

Edit: -

Video posted today on FB for the building on it.
    https://www.facebook.com/Voopootech/videos/993272187708206/

## I'm not affiliated with any store or review site. ##

Also a

VXV 510 Adapter for Smok RPM 40 Kit

20191205164936.jpg

or

VXV 510 Adapter for VOOPOO VINCI / VINCI X

vxv_510_adapter_for_voopoo_vinci_vinci_x_kit_1_.jpg

Have been reported on FB. If you go with the 'Mechlyfe' RBA you could dry fire them on the devices or put another tank on top?

Edit:-

Found this seller for: - 510 adapter For Vinci / Vinci X pod RTA RDA Atomizer Vape Accessories €4.57 (or €7.31 for 2) (+ Shipping costs).

corkie wrote: »
    Found this seller for: - 510 adapter For Vinci / Vinci X pod RTA RDA Atomizer Vape Accessories €4.57 (or €7.31 for 2) (+ Shipping costs).

Above link also has a version for the RPM!

Another clone of the RPM40, with flashing lights (battery draining!!??).
    ReeWape also do a RBA with 510 connector for the RPM40.

Also for Vinci: - http://www.reewape.com/ruok-rba-coil-for-vinci-vinci-x-p0241.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,389 ✭✭✭jonski

I know this is slightly off topic but the Aegis Boost is a pod mod that has a Rba that looks like it could be interesting ........ being Aegis I just have to wait 6 months until they bring out a version with removable battery ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭Dr Bill V1.5

I'm expecting this tomorrow

https://www.ecigone.co.uk/pod-kits/think-vape-zeta-aio-60w-pod-kit

and also the rba setup

https://www.ecigone.co.uk/think-vape-zeta-aio-rba-coil

The last pod/aio I had was the Smoant Pasito which was a disappointment so hopefully this is an improvement.
    It has a nice selection of stock coils,an rba, single removable 18650 and wattage adjustable upto 60w.

More to follow :)

I'm expecting this tomorrow

https://www.ecigone.co.uk/pod-kits/think-vape-zeta-aio-60w-pod-kit

and also the rba setup

https://www.ecigone.co.uk/think-vape-zeta-aio-rba-coil

The last pod/aio I had was the Smoant Pasito which was a disappointment so hopefully this is an improvement.
    It has a nice selection of stock coils,an rba, single removable 18650 and wattage adjustable upto 60w.

More to follow :)

Ok , that looks interesting ....must have a look on youtube for a review . The Zeta name rings a bell .

Edit: it was the Xeta I was thinking of

• Registered Users Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭Dr Bill V1.5

jonski wrote: »
    Ok , that looks interesting ....must have a look on youtube for a review . The Zeta name rings a bell .

Edit: it was the Xeta I was thinking of

jonski I'll let you know my thoughts on it and then promptly sell it to you:)

Catch all thread for AIO!
    I know this is slightly off topic but the Aegis Boost is a pod mod that has a Rba RDTA that looks like it could be interesting ........ being Aegis I just have to wait 6 months until they bring out a version with removable battery ;)

Nothing really off topic, I been posting alternatives since the start of the thread.

Billet Box Style/Clones probably should have there own thread. But not knocking its post here?
    i.e. Dotmod dotAIO

• Advertisement

Mechlyfe RBA base for Voopoo Vinci presentation ~~~ Another AIO alternative!

Handy video for anyone who ordered this RBA!
    Answered some questions on the type of wraps + diameter etc.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Or Vaping with vic review/build: - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6VxsQH6i_5c

Atmizoo , who make the Vapeshell rba for the BilletBox are now making a RBA for the DotAIO called Dotshell .

And while I am mentioning the Dot AIO they are bringing out another version called the SE which will be around the 60 euro mark ...... the original being around the 100 euro mark .

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭conjon

Atmizoo , who make the Vapeshell rba for the BilletBox are now making a RBA for the DotAIO called Dotshell .

And while I am mentioning the Dot AIO they are bringing out another version called the SE which will be around the 60 euro mark ...... the original being around the 100 euro mark .

Ordered the SE yesterday. Its a looker. That Atmizoo is released tomorrow.

conjon wrote: »

Where did you order from ?

Where did you order from ?

https://www.lepetitvapoteur.com/en/all-our-kits/7752-dotaio-se-dotmod.html

Free delivery and they've 5 free coils with it too. If you create an account it's 1 euro for every 10 spent. It's a real looker Jonski.

https://www.lepetitvapoteur.com/en/all-our-kits/7752-dotaio-se-dotmod.html

Free delivery and they've 5 free coils with it too. If you create an account it's 1 euro for every 10 spent. It's a real looker Jonski.

NOUVELAN20

For 20% off.

How are you getting on with the SE ? And how is it holding up ?

How are you getting on with the SE ? And how is it holding up ?

Still waiting on it Jonski. I thought it would have been here today, but I'm waiting on other orders too, so seems to be a
    postal backlog. Did you order it in the end? LPV also have the replacement panels and also had the Atmizoo RBA. It must have come in and gone straight away. Their sale is on for another week.

Judging my what I'm seeing, that RBA is meant to be v good

Still waiting on it Jonski. I thought it would have been here today, but I'm waiting on other orders too, so seems to be a
    postal backlog. Did you order it in the end? LPV also have the replacement panels and also had the Atmizoo RBA. It must have come in and gone straight away. Their sale is on for another week.

Judging my what I'm seeing, that RBA is meant to be v good

I'm still mulling it over ....I don't need it.... and last year I was very good at not buying things I don't need .

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭Shinobollo

I got a Think Vape Zeta. Love it so much I've another on the way with a couple of spare tanks for swapping in / out once I find a suitable stopper for the tops
    Got the RBA for it as well, but not sure I'll be using it. Very small deck for my shaky hands :)
    It's tiny, so small it makes my hotcig r-aio look like a beast

• Advertisement

Mechlyfe RBA arrived today! (for Vinci).

First build early this morning.

2.5mm 26ga a1 wire 6 wraps. Reported ohms 0.8/1.0.
    Vinci is not reliable at reading them. Or I didn't tighten the screws enough?

First wicking not enough cotton. 2 attempt maybe 2 much.

Most video's say that it can take 2.5 coil, but not enough room for air and it becomes a very restricted airflow.

Second build this evening

2mm 26ga a1 wire 6 wraps. Reported 0.45/0.6 (But more stable at 0.45).
    Much more enjoyable vape and better at producing clouds.

Got the Vinci 510 adapter on the 30th dec, but the RBA could only be read once by the vinci using it. Placed the RBA directly on the contacts, held by a tweezers to test fire the coils.

Other devices.

Voopoo Vinci Air ~~ 30watts 900mAh Compact AIO device which use PnP coils.
    100.9*27*18 mm

VooPoo Navi ~~ 40 Watts, vinci in a fetch type form factor. PnP Coils.
    ^^^ Have this ordered and processed.

OXVA Origin 18650 AIO, Smok RPM80/Pro & Target PM80 Pod Mod By Vaporesso.

Maybe forgetting other things announced/reviewed lately.

RBA's for Vinci/Navi

PnP-RBA: - Postless deck with no 510 adapter. (non contact coils required).
    Twisted Coil positioning + Innovative method of dry firing!
    Part 1: - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nx8WqHMAGxM
    Part 2: - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2BXJ9LlQWGA
    Alternative: - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6ZWVNiA638

Mechlyfe: - Opposite sided posts built in 510 thread, so probably more restrictive with air flow.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tNm-Fv1e4Gs

Reewape: - Posts with holes on one side. Separate 510 adapter. Probably not as restrictive as above.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qplP2srSETY

Yachtvape: - 510 Thread cover doubles as airflow control.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H3ySYYKuZT4

Do NOT forget to update your firmware on Vinci's to enable 'RBA Mode (4 Clicks)',
    so you won't be restricted to the recommended watts of stock coils.

I'm still mulling it over ....I don't need it.... and last year I was very good at not buying things I don't need .

It arrived today. First impressions.. Its tiny but a really nice looking bit of kit.

I stuck with the. 3 stock coil that's in it. Flavour is good but i prefer an airier draw. It comes with the nautilus bridge (which suits me) and a second drip tip for mtl. The free coils from LPV are the. 7 ones. I will be getting the atmizoo rba for it.

Initial assessment, I'm pretty happy with it, the size is a huge plus point. It'll fit into a trouser pocket easily. I can throw up some pics later if you'd like.

PnP-RBA (Vinci/Navi/Air) ~~ Arrived today!

Finicky base to build on. (nothing to place it on, need good eyesight).

First build didn't work out well, had the coil to close to the deck/airflow. Which restricted the airflow too much. High set the coil, so don't cut leads to short.

No need to twist the coil towards wicking holes. Just push the cotton into the wicking ports. For such as small deck be generous with cotton. Not enough and it will flood the deck.

Used: - 2mm 26ga a1 wire 5 wraps. Reported 0.6
    (and not the supplied prewrapped coil, even with getting a pack of 10).
    Wanted to test builds with cheap wire, before using them.

Thought the Mechlyfe would be more restrictive than this but the opposite is true. I think I prefer the airflow from that over this.

An experiment! Just done for testing purposes.

vinci-adpater-gemmtank.png

As said got the disposable tanks, just to test the 510 adapter and before forking out for watts compatible tank. (If I ever do so). Haven't used a dual coil before.

Main reason for 510 adapter was to use to fire the RBA's but thread on them too small for it.

Also followup to last post. PnP-RBA needs a twisted positioned coil, so you don't block the airflow with too much cotton.

Received my 'VooPoo Navi' today!

500861.png

I got the DotMod DOtAIO SE and the Dot-Shell a few days ago and I am very impressed with both of them so far ........ I'll post up pics when I can remember how .

Ok , now someone needs to remind me how to imbed that into a post , forget it ...I worked it out eventually ;)

502828.jpg

SMOK RPM160? The world's first dual batteries pod mod!
    ^^^ WHY!!?? ^^^

images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcRlpXwH4HArJFFzP31PbgHIF7eeFBLdRG57Xd9zEbX3nctp2sCI&usqp=CAU

Don't think SMOK can claim to be the first above?

Artery Nugget GT-The first 200w Pod Mod

510 Adapter and RBA (separate purchase available).

Better implementation than Smok.

But why not get a proper dual battery mod instead of these?

For anyone with a stock pile of PnP Coils/RBA's ????

Handy tank to use them up in. Don't need a Drag, 510 thread so should work on any mod.

Voopoo PNP Replacement Tank Drag 2 Refreshing Edition

https://www.voopoo.com/pnp-platform/pnp-pod-tank.html

pnptank_12.gif?v=3aa2f36c0f

• Advertisement

Got the above 'PnP Pod Tank' delivered today.

[alvini.ie] VooPoo PnP Pod Tank ~ 4.5ml ~ €15.49.

Plus if you have the DRAG X/S

[alvini.ie] VooPoo Drag Replacement Pods - 2 pcs ~ 4.5 ml ~ €9.99

I still have one of the disposables tanks shown in thread, that I am using up at present, so will be awhile before I put the 'PnP Pod Tank' in use.

Edit: - Was curious so testing the POD today. Good vape from PnP-VM1 (0.3).
    It is awhile since I use the PnP Coils. Mainly using RBA's.

Thanks @Dr Bill, I recently got the 'Gen' & 'Destiny RTA'.
    Plus purchase my first RDA (Recurve Dual). So my vaping kit is growing.

Advertisement