Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CM Punk Megathread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 84,319 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Rollins is down for Backstage, hopefully Punk will be on too if so should be interesting

• Registered Users Posts: 3,929 ✭✭✭Monokne

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Rollins is down for Backstage, hopefully Punk will be on too if so should be interesting

He's not on this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,990 ✭✭✭ThePott

Has Punk been on it at all since he did the sit down interview?

• Registered Users Posts: 60,179 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

ThePott wrote: »
    Has Punk been on it at all since he did the sit down interview?

No

Punk I haven't watched wrestling in 5 years.

On Twitter the new WWE signing said he can't wait to get in the ring opposite the most talented in the business.

Punk's reply Will Ospreay is in NJPW.

Not bad knowledge of who Ospreay is the if he hasn't watched wrestling 5 years.

• Advertisement

I took it as a shot at Seth based on his back and forth with Ospreay and the fact Rollins has been working an angle with Punk, or trying to anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Punk I haven't watched wrestling in 5 years.

On Twitter the new WWE signing said he can't wait to get in the ring opposite the most talented in the business.

Punk's reply Will Ospreay is in NJPW.

Not bad knowledge of who Ospreay is the if he hasn't watched wrestling 5 years.

I think you'd have to be born yesterday to believe Punk didn't watch any wrestling when he was away from it. He's not going to admit it to avoid sounding like a hypocrite.

Must disagree there. It's really common to hear guys who left the business and watch very little of it when they're gone. Listen to Bruce, Tony or Eric with Conrad. None of them watched the business when they weren't involved.

I am sure Punk saw SOME wrestling and kept an eye on the industry through twitter but I actually find it more far fetched that he was sitting down to watch Wrestlemania or the G1. I just can't imagine it. Seemed so burned out on wrestling.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭LibSuperstar

Monokne wrote:
    Must disagree there. It's really common to hear guys who left the business and watch very little of it when they're gone. Listen to Bruce, Tony or Eric with Conrad. None of them watched the business when they weren't involved.

I am sure Punk saw SOME wrestling and kept an eye on the industry through twitter but I actually find it more far fetched that he was sitting down to watch Wrestlemania or the G1. I just can't imagine it. Seemed so burned out on wrestling.

Or even other talents who moved on. Just recently Prichard mentioned Rick Martel who went into real estate.

A day late it's 7 years since Punk finished with the WWE.

https://twitter.com/CMPunk/status/1354464842346860547?s=20

Will he return on Sunday?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

Anyone else see this thread bumped and start feeling excited?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,117 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

A day late it's 7 years since Punk finished with the WWE.

https://twitter.com/CMPunk/status/1354464842346860547?s=20

Will he return on Sunday?

More chance of AJ Lee being in the the women's rumble I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭Ridley

Cult of Personality hits, out walks Rollins.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,705 ✭✭✭✭Hello 2D Person Below

Ridley wrote: »

That'd be deadly haha

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Ridley wrote: »

I'd want this to happen just for a good laugh, but it's been done already...

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    I'd want this to happen just for a good laugh, but it's been done already...

Plus you'd need a live crowd to get the best reaction

• Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭Ridley

If they can drown out Heyman with piped in boos for weeks, I'm sure they could manage for Rollins.

*camera flies up Michael Cole's nostril*

Punk got himself a part in Arrow & Cody's tv show Heels.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,512 ✭✭✭savemejebus

EtFhk6rWMAEqbHh?format=jpg&name=large

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,344 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

As a fan of Arrow and a fan of Punk, thats a good pairing :P

Also a handy confirmation he's not going to be in you know what tonight.

• Advertisement

He has basically been crying out trying to get a big money offer off one of the companies over the last 6/8 months.

https://twitter.com/FightfulWrestle/status/1388144127678640131?s=20

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

He has basically been crying out trying to get a big money offer off one of the companies over the last 6/8 months.

https://twitter.com/FightfulWrestle/status/1388144127678640131?s=20

Any you know he will probably get one if there's not already one on the table.

WWE is in the ****s at the minute product wise, so I can easily see WWE making him an offer to inject their product with a bit of life.

Im under no illusion that Punk's arrival in WWE will change how they use their product. He might be in a good position to gain some form of creative control though.

Id like to see him in AEW, off the leash, just for the promos alone. I would question his ability in-ring after 7 years away, could be be an top attraction in-ring at his age?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,725 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

But no matter what he comes up with in WWE, Vince is gonna Vince and scrap any idea he doesn't like

• Registered Users Posts: 21,316 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

CastorTroy wrote: »
    But no matter what he comes up with in WWE, Vince is gonna Vince and scrap any idea he doesn't like

Which is why I could never see him accepting such a role there. Every one of his ideas being scrapped for something ridiculous, his ego would never let him work there under Vince.

If he goes back to WWE, it’s only as on-screen talent I’d imagine. He could land any job he likes in AEW though.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

martyos121 wrote: »
    Which is why I could never see him accepting such a role there. Every one of his ideas being scrapped for something ridiculous, his ego would never let him work there under Vince.

If he goes back to WWE, it’s only as on-screen talent I’d imagine. He could land any job he likes in AEW though.

Mickie James was offered an agents job and she told them to stuff it as the agents get nothing but **** from each side and are glorified messengers and do all the dirty work for higher ups.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,117 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Any you know he will probably get one if there's not already one on the table.

WWE is in the ****s at the minute product wise, so I can easily see WWE making him an offer to inject their product with a bit of life.

Im under no illusion that Punk's arrival in WWE will change how they use their product. He might be in a good position to gain some form of creative control though.

Id like to see him in AEW, off the leash, just for the promos alone. I would question his ability in-ring after 7 years away, could be be an top attraction in-ring at his age?

I'd like to see Punk in WWE Creative for the lols alone once the inevitable fallout happens. Not a hope Punk could cope with Vince's on a whim bullsh1t.

Punk as a creative mind in a smaller company like ROH or Impact could be the makings of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Punk has recently admitted that a match with Will Ospreay "interests" him, after Ospreay issued the challenge.

https://www.digitalspy.com/tv/ustv/a36173748/cm-punk-njpw-will-ospreay-iwgp-match/

• Registered Users Posts: 84,319 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Advertisement

I wonder if Punk becomes a free agent will AJ bring him into WOW in some capacity, and help an unemployed wrestler out.

WOW returned to TV on September 17th without much fanfare from the wrestling media

Advertisement