Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Champions Cup 2019/20 Round 3

• 03-12-2019 3:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,977 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

December 6th 2019
    Bath - Clermont Auvergne

Saturday 7th December
    Lyon - Benetton Rugby
    Northampton - Leinster
    La Rochelle - Glasgow Warriors
    Ulster - Harlequins
    Munster - Saracens
    Ospreys - Racing 92

Sunday 8th December
    Gloucester - Connacht
    Sale Sharks - Exeter
    Toulouse - Montpellier

Game of the weekend is Saints v Leinster.

From other Irish perspective
    Intriguing to see what team Saracens name. I think they will name a very strong side

Can Connacht get a valuable away win at Glaws. Lose here and its curtains for Connacht IMO

Going for
    Clermont
    Lyon
    Leinster
    La Rochelle
    Ulster
    Saracens
    Racing
    Connacht
    Exeter
    Toulouse

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭Digifriendly

Munster game is hard to call but if Saracens come fuilly loaded it should be a real cracker. I think Gloucester may just shade Connacht with home advantage but should be a tight game and Connacht no doubt will travel with a good degree of confidence. This weekend could effectively well end hopes of a number of teams who have lost at least once in opening 2 rounds.

• Munster game is hard to call but if Saracens come fuilly loaded it should be a real cracker. I think Gloucester may just shade Connacht with home advantage but should be a tight game and Connacht no doubt will travel with a good degree of confidence. This weekend could effectively well end hopes of a number of teams who have lost at least once in opening 2 rounds.

If Saracens come with a full squad looking to play I think they'll win comfortably to be honest. Muster have injury worries and I'm not impressed with their form this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,306 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

If Munster do manage to win this one, particularly without letting Saracens get any form of LBP, then Saracens will likely throw in the towel fully on this years Champions Cup. That's a huge ask though.

A win for Saracens thought and they're right back in it and will be taking it seriously.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,749 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

If Munster do manage to win this one, particularly without letting Saracens get any form of LBP, then Saracens will likely throw in the towel fully on this years Champions Cup. That's a huge ask though.

A win for Saracens thought and they're right back in it and will be taking it seriously.

Even if Saracens come away with nothing on Saturday, they're far from out. The draw two weeks ago brought them straight back into the reckoning. They can win their two remaining home games and BP Ospreys away and end up on 18 points minimum. Munster even if they win on Saturday have to win away to either Saracens or Racing to qualify.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

No I don't think so. They've 2 home games and an away game to the Ospreys left after this weekend, they'll fancy winning all of them. Everyone will be taking points off everyone. They're very much in it still even if they lose at the weekend. If Munster on the other hand don't get a win then they might as well throw in the towel.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,306 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Fair points. I suppose I'm banking on Racing taking top spot at this stage and only one team getting out of this pool. Suppose the Ospreys foul that a bit.

• Saracens have already thrown in the towel. It's up to how far their B-team can go this year.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,977 Mod ✭✭✭✭aloooof

Saracens have already thrown in the towel. It's up to how far their B-team can go this year.

They haven't announced their team for Saturday yet, so I'm not sure how you can know this?

• aloooof wrote: »
    They haven't announced their team for Saturday yet, so I'm not sure how you can know this?

I suppose I don't know. I'm judging by the last few months with who they had playing in the premiership vs who they had playing in the champions cup. Seems obvious to me that they absolutely will not risk relegation from the premiership. Munster are favourites in this game according to the bookies which probably wouldn't be the case if they were gonna go full strength.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,977 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

I suppose I don't know. I'm judging by the last few months with who they had playing in the premiership vs who they had playing in the champions cup. Seems obvious to me that they absolutely will not risk relegation from the premiership. Munster are favourites in this game according to the bookies which probably wouldn't be the case if they were gonna go full strength.

Sarries had 14/15 (?) Players at the RWC and most of them were involved until the last weekend which was November 2nd. They were always going to have to mix and match through November.

Bookies odds always change when team are announced.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

Last few months? There have only been 4 match weekends since the RWC final.

• Sarries continuing to send the kids to the champions cup...

• Registered Users Posts: 21,601 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Pitch at the Rec looks to be a complete bog, but Clermont are really struggling here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭cameramonkey

J Joseph looks like he has put on a few pounds.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Nice try for Clermont.

That 3rd one was better!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,176 ✭✭✭ongarite

Beautiful try.

Plenty of time for the BP now.
    Seemed unlikely 5 mins ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,601 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Bath absolutely falling apart here, they were dominant for the first half

• Registered Users Posts: 8,176 ✭✭✭ongarite

BP try. Great play from Lopez.

Awful from Bath.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

That is some 10 minutes, there was no sign of Clermont getting anything going.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

Agen 3 - Bordeaux 73 in the challenge cup, there’s not turning up and then there’s that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,162 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Sarries continuing to send the kids to the champions cup...

Not really. Plenty of experience in that team. The youngsters that are named are all very highly rated. Earl, Isiekwe and Singleton are all 23 or younger and either fully capped internationals or, in Earl's case, was in the England squad for the 6N but didn't get capped. Lamositele is a test regular and started last year's final.

Lads like Barritt, Skelton, Barrington, Itoje, Lozowski, Spencer and Lewington are all very experienced professionals with at least over 100 club appearances each.

• Subscribers Posts: 40,722 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Jesus Austin healy is a pain in the hole

• Buer wrote: »
    Not really. Plenty of experience in that team. The youngsters that are named are all very highly rated. Earl, Isiekwe and Singleton are all 23 or younger and either fully capped internationals or, in Earl's case, was in the England squad for the 6N but didn't get capped. Lamositele is a test regular and started last year's final.

Lads like Barritt, Skelton, Barrington, Itoje, Lozowski, Spencer and Lewington are all very experienced professionals with at least over 100 club appearances each.

Shows the depth of their salary squad if anything. It's not full strength regardless.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭jacothelad

J Joseph looks like he has put on a few pounds.

Maybe he's on that new Zebo See Food diet.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

LaRochelle lose at home again, that's shocking.

24-27 to Glasgow

• Subscribers Posts: 40,722 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

ospreys with a man sent off in the first minute

• Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭Utah_Saint

Jesus...the ospreys attendance is dire...serious what is the point of them?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

sydthebeat wrote: »

Now 7 points up too.
    Madness.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Utah_Saint wrote: »
    Jesus...the ospreys attendance is dire...serious what is the point of them?

All the fans holding out for the Anglo Welsh league, so the journos say.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,388 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

sydthebeat wrote: »

Then had two men in the bin so were down to 12 players on the pitch.

Advertisement