Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Treadstone

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,891 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,511 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

Haven’t they already tried Bourne without Bourne?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,891 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Premieres October 15th

• Registered Users Posts: 55,451 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Started last night.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,260 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

First episode feels a bit disjointed with several characters showing up without connection but I guess it will converge in stories over time to one main story but overall it does show potential so far.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,285 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

When it opened in '73 I was hoping it would follow the Ludlum, Bourne from the books.

The first episode was a bit all over the shop however I will stick with for Michelle Forbes who I adore in everything she does.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Liked it. Liking the way that they screwed up waking the sleeper agents. It'll be interesting to see how it is, going forward.

Two in and its still a bit all over the place but slowly getting the story out.

How long till they bring it back to the Nazis starting the whole

• Registered Users Posts: 17,245 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

I'm liking the action but can some explain how they are as young as ever years later - don't remember that in the films (admittedly a good while since I've seen them)

Made it part way thru episode 7 and gave up, seems to be three separate stories with two actors who look almost identical
    Confused as hell as to what is going on most of the time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭cdgalwegian

fritzelly wrote: »
    Made it part way thru episode 7 and gave up, seems to be three separate stories with three actors who look almost identical
    Confused as hell as to what is going on most of the time.
    Up to episode 5; it's not so much confusing for me, as the separate stories are joined in concept only so far, so there's storyline juggling going on that needs a little patience.
    The conceit is obviously a little silly/far-fetched, and Jeff Russo's (of House of Cards) music conveys excitement that isn't always quite there, but it's fairly watchable- fight scenes are really well choreographed. The grand conspiracy threads are there in the background, so it's all about the action for the moment- and wondering when the intrigue gets cranked up.
    I see on IMDb that Robert Ludlum has writing credits for 8 of the episodes.

He has the writing credits due to his creating the name Treadstone and they have taken elements of book 2 and 3 of his Bourne trilogy I would imagine.

It's the constant jumping between time periods, maybe if the actors didn't look almost identical it would be easier to follow or at least give a time period hint (like I said earlier I thought it was the same guy and how is he still the same age)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,303 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

well one of them was in Stargate: Universe and the other wasn't :)

Skerries wrote: »
    well one of them was in Stargate: Universe and the other wasn't :)

All makes sense now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭cdgalwegian

The plot-lines are all over the place, though it does fall into place towards the end. Ostensibly this is an espionage thriller- in reality it's all about the action set-pieces strung together by it's complex plotting. Overall, I fairly enjoyed it, and hope there is a second series; the ingredients are there for a decent second outing, where the plotting might be handled better, or at least settled down after the first. I'd recommend waiting to see if another series is made, and then waiting to see if it stacks up, before watching this. Unless you're a sucker for very good action scenes; definitely worth a look then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

Enjoying this
    Watching it with dolby digital surround, it's a perfect show for that, the subwoofer is hopping, the bullets and cars crashing very realistically and loudly around the room
    The espionage, thriller, soviet era throwback element, is great
    Touch of killing Eve about petrushka

• Registered Users Posts: 11,753 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

the scenes btw the 2 cia heads are strangely shot

bizarre to see kerry godliman in it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,453 ✭✭✭sioda

Gotta say enjoyed this and would like a second season as they have left a lots of open ends.

sioda wrote: »
    Gotta say enjoyed this and would like a second season as they have left a lots of open ends.

Renewal looks unlikely, lost half it's audience by the final and it wasn't a strong start to begin with

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85,005 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

Just finished watching it on Amazon Prime tonight - not knowing that Season.2. had been axed. I enjoyed it and it's awful pity that it was dropped. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 23,974 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Del.Monte wrote: »
    Just finished watching it on Amazon Prime tonight - not knowing that Season.2. had been axed. I enjoyed it and it's awful pity that it was dropped. :(

I thought it was worthy of another series, perhaps it was too complicated for some people?

Advertisement