Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Glasgot vs. Leinster, Saturday 30th November 7.35PM (Eir Sport 1, Premier Sports 2)

Options
  • 30-11-2019 1:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,330 ✭✭✭

Figured we could do with a match thread every now and then for the Pro 14. Even if I ****ed the title by mispelling Glasgow. Courtesy of Druids cider.

Leinster | Glasgow
    15. Hugo Keenan | Ruaridh Jackson
    14. Adam Byrne | Tommy Seymour
    13. Jimmy O’Brien | Huw Jones
    12. Conor O’Brien | Sam Johnson
    11. Cian Kelleher | 11. Niko Matawalu
    10. Ross Byrne | Pete Horne
    9. Jamison Gibson-Park | Ali Price
    1. Peter Dooley | Olie Kebble
    2. James Tracy | George Turner
    3. Michael Bent | D'Arcy Rae
    4. Ross Molony | Tim Swinson
    5. Devin Toner | Jonny Gray
    6. Josh Murphy | Rob Harley
    7. Will Connors | Chris Fusaro
    8. Caelan Doris | Ryan Wilson
    |
    16. Bryan Byrne | Grant Stewart
    17. Ed Byrne | Aki Seiuli
    18. Jack Aungier | Adam Nicol
    19. Oisín Dowling | Kiran McDonald
    20. Scott Penny | Adam Ashe
    21. Hugh O’Sullivan | Nick Frisby
    22. Ciarán Frawley | Stafford McDowall
    23. Fergus McFadden | Kyle Steyn

Referee: Craig Evans (WRU)

Side note. How have I never noticed the awesomely named Nick Frisby before?

Comments

An awful lot of talent and experience in that Glasgow line up. Think a lbp would be a good return and whilst I'm expecting our first loss of the season, we'll get a LOT of development minutes for the back end of the squad in return.

We've a very green back row going up against Harley and Wilson. Was very impressed by Connors his last run out so keen to see how he and Doris handle the pressure.

Very much looking forward to this.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,670 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

An awful lot of talent and experience in that Glasgow line up. Think a lbp would be a good return and whilst I'm expecting our first loss of the season, we'll get a LOT of development minutes for the back end of the squad in return.

We've a very green back row going up against Harley and Wilson. Was very impressed by Connors his last run out so keen to see how he and Doris handle the pressure.

Very much looking forward to this.

Our best performances this season have come when the younger players were playing. I've no doubt they'll try their best again. But that Glasgow side is so strong and experienced in comparison. Can't see a losing bonus point coming from this one unfortunately.

Clegg wrote: »
    Our best performances this season have come when the younger players were playing. I've no doubt they'll try their best again. But that Glasgow side is so strong and experienced in comparison. Can't see a losing bonus point coming from this one unfortunately.

Lyon was our best performance. They are the strongest team we've played and they couldn't get over the try line at home against us.

The wider depth of the squad has shown it can win arm wrestles and score tries from anywhere but this will be a different challenge. A win here would be great for Leinster but optically terrible for the league given the calibre of player out for Glasgow.

Lyon was our best performance. They are the strongest team we've played and they couldn't get over the try line at home against us.

The wider depth of the squad has shown it can win arm wrestles and score tries from anywhere but this will be a different challenge. A win here would be great for Leinster but optically terrible for the league given the calibre of player out for Glasgow.

In terms of control, grit and defensive effort the Lyon game was our best. But overall, I feel the performance against Connacht in Galway was our best. It was 70 minutes of dominance. It's why I'm not completely discounting a victory tonight. But I fully accept that contextually, tonight is our biggest challenge this season. We'll give it a go I'm sure. But it's going to be incredibly tough to get a point tonight.

In terms of control, grit and defensive effort the Lyon game was our best. But overall, I feel the performance against Connacht in Galway was our best. It was 70 minutes of dominance. It's why I'm not completely discounting a victory tonight. But I fully accept that contextually, tonight is our biggest challenge this season. We'll give it a go I'm sure. But it's going to be incredibly tough to get a point tonight.

We physically outmatched Connacht but in my opinion they had one eye on the following week against Montpellier.

Lyon was the truest test we've had this season and you generally don't win those games looking like the Globetrotters. That we accounted for them comfortably enough was a statement in and of itself.

Slow burn stuff but I think we're brimming along nicely enough. Tonight should be entertaining at the least!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Can’t see Leinster winning but will be good to see how the guys go....JGP will be hoping to play well and try get a starting role v Northampton

Pen try and a yellow probably.

Lovely hands from Glasgow.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,176 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Pen try and a yellow probably.

Thought the bounce beat him before Keenan ever made contact.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,605 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Not much in that I don't think, could go either way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,172 ✭✭✭crisco10

Is it just me or are the replays not working on eir??

crisco10 wrote: »
    Is it just me or are the replays not working on eir??

Not working in the stadium either I think. Pretty sure the ref said he couldn't see anything on the screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,172 ✭✭✭crisco10

If he wouldn't have got the ball, why the yellow??

Not sure how it's a yellow if the TMO confirms the ball had already beaten Jones.

Nightmare start for Keenan all the same after the dropped pass from the opening phase and now this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭Boscoirl

k4v0dmvbn1i11.jpg

Great steal by Moloney

A Leinster player is out cold on the far side of the pitch.

Boscoirl wrote: »
    k4v0dmvbn1i11.jpg

This got a solid roflocopter from me, not gonna lie!

Josh Murphy I think is out for the count

• Advertisement

It's Josh Murphy.

Don't think he's moved in two minutes.

It's Josh Murphy.

Don't think he's moved in two minutes.

Doesn't look great.

Matawalu looks like he's just stepped off the set of Mad Max 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,729 ✭✭✭degsie

Not going to be a great night for Leinster

Looks like Tracy knocked him out with the Glasgow players leg when trying to clear out

Nasty knock for Murphy. A Glasgow player was cleared out and his leg landed on Murphy's head.

Glasgow fairly consistently offside down the line, touch judges need to be helping out the ref a bit more.

Ross Byrne has the habit of putting in some extremely aimless kicks from his own territory. It's obviously a planned move to kick in that area but there's literally nothing gained from many of them as he finds an opponent in space with little chase.

Incredible hit from Connors. Put Glasgow 5 metres behind the gain line.

• Advertisement

Ali Price was a mile offside for that turnover.

Also replay of yellow card makes a mockery of the decision. Ball had clearly bounced under Jones and Keenan was committed to the tackle.

Advertisement