Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Boomtown Fair 2019

• 09-10-2018 11:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭

Didn't manage to get Glastonbury tickets this time so planning on heading to Boomtown next year instead. Anyone been before and have any advice/ tips. Will be heading over in a camper so still deciding whether to stay off site or in their normal campervan field. I've heard great things about this festival, can't see it topping Glasto but fingers crossed it's as good :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭quaidox

i have been to it twice, stayed in hotel offsite because i is old! plenty of dance music, and lots of punk ska and metal, a lot of work goes into the stages, fake streets, etc. all in all, gift. have been to glasto once before. whilst not on the same scale as that, it's still a full on mature festival, and hoping to go next year myself, so yeah, go for it i reckon...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,350 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

From what I've heard about it is, you need to be quite fit to handle it. A lot of the areas is up hill, so you'll probably need a bit of energy but I think this was the festival that inspired the Townlands Carnival people, so I'd say worth checking out.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭quaidox

yep there are some steep climbs getting from one area to the next alright.
    i believe one year they had a travelator set up on one of the hills that you paid a quid or two to go up on!!

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭dmm82

quaidox wrote: »
    i have been to it twice, stayed in hotel offsite because i is old! plenty of dance music, and lots of punk ska and metal, a lot of work goes into the stages, fake streets, etc. all in all, gift. have been to glasto once before. whilst not on the same scale as that, it's still a full on mature festival, and hoping to go next year myself, so yeah, go for it i reckon...

We managed to get tier 1 tickets, delighted. Did you have any hassle going in and out of the festival each day? I read that you're not allowed to bring alcohol in after the first entry? We're gonna stay off site too

We managed to get tier 1 tickets, delighted. Did you have any hassle going in and out of the festival each day? I read that you're not allowed to bring alcohol in after the first entry? We're gonna stay off site too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭Northernsoul

dmm82 wrote: »

What did you think of Boomtown last year mate? I actually thought it was better than Glasto, and we’re heading back this year! You?

What did you think of Boomtown last year mate? I actually thought it was better than Glasto, and we’re heading back this year! You?

Loved it!! Going back again too and lots more of our friends are going this time too. It totally blew my mind!! Still tried for glasto tickets this year, no joy but dont mind as much now that I know how unreal boomtown is!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,463 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

From what I've heard about it is, you need to be quite fit to handle it. A lot of the areas is up hill, so you'll probably need a bit of energy but I think this was the festival that inspired the Townlands Carnival people, so I'd say worth checking out.

Quite fit, or have 4 different types of absynth. Either way works

• Registered Users Posts: 2,890 ✭✭✭grimm2005

Hadn't heard of this festival until I saw this thread. Looks like a really interesting festival having had a look there. Is it kind of like Glastonbury with a huge site with tonnes of stages and something for everybody?

It certainly looks very different to your standard festival!

Advertisement