Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Toyota Ireland - Apple CarPlay

Options
  • 12-06-2019 10:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭

Hi
    Any new Toyota owners out there know when Apple's CarPlay will be integrated.
    We had a vague 'it's coming soon' from a sales guy but no real idea of 2019 or 202 etc

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,423 ✭✭✭pburns

Is it just me or are Toyota/Lexus waaayyy behind on CarPlay / Android Auto integration. My car 3 yrs old & had this stuff as standard.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,615 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

pburns wrote: »
    Is it just me or are Toyota/Lexus waaayyy behind on CarPlay / Android Auto integration. My car 3 yrs old & had this stuff as standard.

It's a licensing issue and I've been told it'll be sorted before years end. But it's not really acceptable is it.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,113 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I think you will find that most of the Far East manufacturers are a bit behind the curve when it comes to infotainment systems. The infotainment systems in Lexus for example, are terrible compared to the likes of BMW, Audi, etc. They tend to be overly complicated with basic functions hidden deep within menus.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

Don't think it's far east manufacturers being behind, most of them I think seem to have Apple Car play and Android Auto at least as an option apart from Toyota.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,382 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I read that it would be 2020

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 Auric1973

eladnova wrote: »
    Hi
    Any new Toyota owners out there know when Apple's CarPlay will be integrated.
    We had a vague 'it's coming soon' from a sales guy but no real idea of 2019 or 202 etc

I've heard from a sales guy that it'll be rolled out in Nov 2019. Easy upgrade to the head unit.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭Colonel Panic

Easy software upgrade? Looking at getting a Corolla soonish which wouldn't have Carplay.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Auric1973

Yes, easy software upgrade. You just upgrade the software on the head unit, to add in the Apple CarPlay software.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭AlanD

Anyone have an update on whether a software update is available yet for the 2019 corolla?

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭sumo12

AlanD wrote: »
    Anyone have an update on whether a software update is available yet for the 2019 corolla?

No - and my understanding is that it will not be available as a software upgrade. If the car never had it then it will never have it.

New CHR coming Jan/Feb will have it, apparently

• Advertisement

sumo12 wrote: »
    No - and my understanding is that it will not be available as a software upgrade. If the car never had it then it will never have it.

New CHR coming Jan/Feb will have it, apparently

Disappointing

Disappointing

Absolutely. Didn't consider a Toyota when changing our car this year because system wasn't in it

Little bit of better news, was in a dealer yesterday. There will be a software upgrade available for all MM17 and onwards Toyota radios that will allow upgrade to Carplay and AA. No date for release yet, or cost....

That's great news.....would love to have Android Auto

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Matinclunn

I see it is available now in the 201 corolla, toyota have also added front and rear parking sensors as an option. Shame because the standard equipment that’s offered on the uk Corolla is not available to the irish buyer. We’re still getting paddy spec cars as usual.

If only there was some way of buying a uk spec car and bringing it to Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,385 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Matinclunn wrote: »
    I see it is available now in the 201 corolla, toyota have also added front and rear parking sensors as an option. Shame because the standard equipment that’s offered on the uk Corolla is not available to the irish buyer. We’re still getting paddy spec cars as usual.

Presume that's the baseline spec though? Often the case in the UK that the base spec is as bad if not worse than here, as no one buys them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭JamesBond2010

anyone one with a 19 get an upgrade to android auto ??

Just for future Reference incase anyone else comes looking

''May we at the outset thank you for your support of Toyota and for taking the time to contact us directly.

Having had the opportunity to liaise with our Product Department, we understand that in respect of the retro-fitment of Carplay/Android Auto to existing vehicles, our colleagues in Toyota Motor Europe are currently working on a software solution to facilitate retro-fitment for certain head units, however at present we do not have any further information or timelines on this. We would respectfully suggest that you register your interest with your retailing Toyota dealer who will notify you as soon as the software update is available.

Thank you for contacting Toyota Ireland.''

Another 5 years so!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭supervento

Just for future Reference incase anyone else comes looking

''May we at the outset thank you for your support of Toyota and for taking the time to contact us directly.

Having had the opportunity to liaise with our Product Department, we understand that in respect of the retro-fitment of Carplay/Android Auto to existing vehicles, our colleagues in Toyota Motor Europe are currently working on a software solution to facilitate retro-fitment for certain head units, however at present we do not have any further information or timelines on this. We would respectfully suggest that you register your interest with your retailing Toyota dealer who will notify you as soon as the software update is available.

Thank you for contacting Toyota Ireland.''

I was told by a chap in Toyota in the north according to Toyota Bulletins its available retro fit from May onwards... bit cheaper to get it done with a service.....

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭The Falcon

Came across this on Twitter from UK Toyata dealership- See my question and their reply.

⏯ Apple CarPlay will be available to retrofit in RAV4 and Corolla model from April - May. Available from £150 or £50 when fitted with a service.

Tweet if you'll be getting this. 👇 https://t.co/814vI9O5QO

The Falcon wrote: »
    Came across this on Twitter from UK Toyata dealership- See my question and their reply.

⏯ Apple CarPlay will be available to retrofit in RAV4 and Corolla model from April - May. Available from £150 or £50 when fitted with a service.

Tweet if you'll be getting this. �� https://t.co/814vI9O5QO

Is that just for iphone though ?? would android auto be different ??

Is that just for iphone though ?? would android auto be different ??
    Have been chasing this since we got our Corolla in late 2019. Had seen Android Auto in other cars and was determined to get it in our. See attached from UK Toyota forum. Pretty much confirms the retrofit is for Carplay and Android Auto (I'm an Android man)

https://www.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/topic/190895-retro-fit-apple-carplay-android-auto/?tab=comments#comment-1517696

I've raised this with Toyota Ireland and a few Irish Toyota dealerships on Twitter just recently (no reply yet). Wouldn't do any harm for a few more people to rattle their cage - I'll update with anything I hear. Fingers crossed we have good news soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭scooby77

Currently available in chr. Anyone when know when available in Corolla and/or Camry ( heard MY20 whenever that kicks in)

The Falcon wrote: »
    Have been chasing this since we got our Corolla in late 2019. Had seen Android Auto in other cars and was determined to get it in our. See attached from UK Toyota forum. Pretty much confirms the retrofit is for Carplay and Android Auto (I'm an Android man)

https://www.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/topic/190895-retro-fit-apple-carplay-android-auto/?tab=comments#comment-1517696

I've raised this with Toyota Ireland and a few Irish Toyota dealerships on Twitter just recently (no reply yet). Wouldn't do any harm for a few more people to rattle their cage - I'll update with anything I hear. Fingers crossed we have good news soon.

you saw the letter i got from toyota when i asked them about them. thanks i thought i just might have being just for iphone & thats it. Android auto wouldnt. be available for another while.

you saw the letter i got from toyota when i asked them about them. thanks i thought i just might have being just for iphone & thats it. Android auto wouldnt. be available for another while.

Looking good and fingers crossed.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,619 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

The car in front is a Toyota. Yeah right.

• Advertisement

The car in front is a Toyota. Yeah right.

boooooooo :p:p feck off henry thought u were dead. No english vs japenese now:D:D:D:D:p:p:p

Advertisement