Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Screwfix Waterford

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

Cabaal wrote: »
    You can park in Kilkenny all day in numerous places for 1e a day.

I found the comment about Waterford charging New York levels just silly, you'll pay many times what Waterford charges in big cities like new York.

I can only go on my own experience where it cost me €5 to park in Kilkenny and €3.60 to park in Waterford,i wouldn't be to familiar with Kilkenny and i have to go back there for the day soon again,where can i park for the day that costs €1 ?

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭linny

I can only go on my own experience where it cost me €5 to park in Kilkenny and €3.60 to park in Waterford,i wouldn't be to familiar with Kilkenny and i have to go back there for the day soon again,where can i park for the day that costs €1 ?

Guineys top John street 2€ all day
    Kilford arms 2€ also both on John street

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭dzilla

I parked in Kilkenny recently and it was €5 for all day parking,I parked in Millars Marsh recently too and it was €3.60 for the day,maybe you should compare it to somewhere that isn't more expensive.

Maybe you should not compare it to someplace that you are not familiar with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

dzilla wrote: »
    Maybe you should not compare it to someplace that you are not familiar with.

Like i said i can only comment on my experience where i paid €5 in one place and €3.60 in another,anyway its going way off topic talking about parking prices here!

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭moose3844

Hill moose3844...I see management positions are being advertised but nothing on sales assistants. Will these be advertise later do you think. How do you find working for them.

Right now they’re just looking to get the management team in place from what I know. I’d imagine closer to the time positions for sales assistants will go up. I’m not privy to any information so I’m only guessing.

Honestly they are really good to work for. They like to look after the staff and they pay well. In terms of pay I can only speak about what we get in the uk. I don’t even know what I’ll be getting myself once I transfer home, but comparing what I get now to the euro it would potentially be one of the better paying jobs I’ve had in Waterford.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭sharingan

Used to live beside a screwfix in east london until we moved back this year. It was always a great resource to have.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭the_pen_turner

any update on this

• Registered Users Posts: 10,655 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

They are advertising jobs for stores in Swords and South Dublin store. Planning around 40 stores overall.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭tombliboo83

Any update on where Screwfix will be situated in Waterford?

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭cococoady

Any update on where Screwfix will be situated in Waterford?

Haven't heard anything yet but I see that they are looking for staff today on indeed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭tombliboo83

cococoady wrote: »
    Haven't heard anything yet but I see that they are looking for staff today on indeed

Seen that alright. Must be looking at at opening date soon enough. Haven’t seen any sign of them moving in around town though

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭pp_me

Moving into the original smyths unit on the Tramore Road

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

The first to open is Stillorgan Ind Park in Blackrock opening next week, 3rd I think, although it using the address as Sandyford ind est D18 (it isn't, Eircode says so)

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭Dunmoreroader

Another foreign owned enterprise that will displace business from Irish owned incumbents and not use Irish supply chains ala B&Q and Homebase.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭dartboardio

Another foreign owned enterprise that will displace business from Irish owned incumbents and not use Irish supply chains ala B&Q and Homebase.

Screwfix are owned by Kingfisher, who also own B&Q.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭lassykk

Screwfix are owned by Kingfisher, who also own B&Q.

Surprised to see them take a punt in Waterford again so

• Registered Users Posts: 1,873 ✭✭✭BBM77

lassykk wrote: »
    Surprised to see them take a punt in Waterford again so

If B&Q were not so dam expensive more people would have shopped there.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,703 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

It would certainly help if they paid a bit more tax here

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Vladi_

Is Screwfix still not open? :D I've got an interview for assistant manager next week (held in Limerick) and I've spent an hour walking around trying to find it on the location from the job ad? 😂 Am I blind or it's not there?

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭azimuth17

Cllr Eddie Mulligan posted on Facebook last week , with a photo showing work in progress on the premises at Tramore Road. Its near that Ramen restaurant. Opposite it I think.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Eh? That tiny wedge of land on the V plot?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,358 ✭✭✭JohnC.

Eh? That tiny wedge of land on the V plot?

No, the former Smyths location, attached to Kellihers.

https://www.facebook.com/EddieMulliganNo1/posts/2484355998507104

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭cococoady

Vladi_ wrote: »
    Is Screwfix still not open? :D I've got an interview for assistant manager next week (held in Limerick) and I've spent an hour walking around trying to find it on the location from the job ad? 😂 Am I blind or it's not there?

Was considering going for that job myself but money on offer is fair poor for an assistant managers job.

cococoady wrote: »
    Was considering going for that job myself but money on offer is fair poor for an assistant managers job.

True. But I'm desperate. :(
    But now I think the whole thing is a bit dodgy. My friend had an interview in April, she was told she'd had 6 weeks training in the UK. That's all fine but that was months ago. She didn't get the job but I wonder what happened with people who did and when are they actually opening. I guess I'll know more after the interview. 😁

• Moderators Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Spocker

Sign in the window saying it will be opening on the 17th December

Spocker wrote: »
    Sign in the window saying it will be opening on the 17th December

Around 3 weeks they've told me yesterday. 🤔

Any day now :)

Ladies, want to find a hardy middle-aged man?

https://screwfixmedia.com/screwfix-announce-roll-out-of-stores-across-ireland/

Went in and I see it's really Argos for DIY - you can't walk in to browse. There are screens to order but want they clearly want is for people to use click and collect via the website as items are not necessarily in stock when you order.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

That sounds shite! I'd prefer to head into Morris's or even Woodies just down the road if that's the case.

• Advertisement

Also I opened an account on the website but oddly they do not send out any confirmation to the sign up e-mail, when I placed my order again no confirmation by e-mail. You have to print out order summary or otherwise have it saved on your phone so when you go in it's proof of purchase (also need photo ID of driving licence or passport!).

Whoever designed this system needs firing!

Advertisement