Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Druids Glen - Winter Opens

Options
  • 22-11-2019 7:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭

Played Carton House Montgomerie today and the course was in incredible condition considering the amount of recent rain. Greens and fairways were bone dry. Today was qualifying and the told me in the clubhouse after that they hope to continue with qualifying every friday until wnd of March!

Anyway, I digress! Anyone have any idea what condition Druids Glen is in this time of the year? They also have an open competition on a Friday at the moment. It's €50 though so wouldn't be too happy paying that if the place is wet. Anyone play it recently?

Edit: Mt Juliet also have an open on a friday for €40. Same as above, anyone play it recently and what kind of condition is it in?

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,678 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Played Juliet after bad rain at end of September, was watery under foot but no real muck balls, was a weird feeling. Greens were like glass, still firm.

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭gypsy79

I played it last Friday.

Was non qualifying and placing everywhere. In great condition though

I was down to play Carton yesterday but how wet it was on Wednesday talked me out of it!

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭davegilly

gypsy79 wrote: »
    I played it last Friday.

Was non qualifying and placing everywhere. In great condition though

I was down to play Carton yesterday but how wet it was on Wednesday talked me out of it!
    No plugged balls?

No need to talk yourself out of Carton anymore - most of the fairways and greens were summer dry. Few small patches of wet areas, in dips usually but none in landing areas. I couldn't get over how dry it was, some drainage system they must have there. They must be the only non links course with qualifying throughout the winter?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭gypsy79

Not one plugged ball. Could easily have been qualifying

Back to work Monday, so no Carton for me.

Must have been a beast if there was no run??

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭davegilly

Not really, tees were quite a bit forward so it wasnt overly long.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Young_gunner

sorry for the stupid Q but when you say a round is 'qualifying' what does that mean?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,678 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Handicap adjusting comp e.g. you score 40pts then you should expect your handicap to be cut, you score 28pts you should expect a 0.1 increase to your handicap

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭HighLine

Anyone hear about Druids Glen supposedly closing for a full year in 2021 for a big renovation?

Advertisement