Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas 2019 purchases

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Yes, that's all well and good, Miamee, but you haven't told us what it is! (Yep, I'm still fishing for ideas...)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,161 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Have a birthday and christnas in December for herself, pretty much done for both (well a couple of bits to get but I'm purposely waiting on black Friday as I know the shops will have good deals on).

One thing I would say it's not always best to be buying stuff early, theres been a couple of things that have reduced in price (outside of returns window). Had to stop myself buying something that had 25% off today and tomorrow as the website in question had 50% off last black friday (google is handy for research), am assuming black friday will have at least 25% off and hopefully more...

Am getting the absolutely piss ripped out of me at work as that's where I'm getting deliveries and working in town, stuff at lunchtime :(

For the kids, pretty much know what we are getting but just need to do it (a trip to Smith's is needed - been putting that one off).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

My mam bought me a coat today for Christmas, I picked it myself it is a classic and should wear well I can't wait to be snuggled up in it going into town to see the Dublin Christmas lights, she doesn't know it yet but its a must that you wear it during the season

In other news picked up my turkey roasting tins, over the weekend I plan to get into my kitchen presses give them a clean see what I have and make a list of what I can buy in advance of the big day

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Are the Barbie dream camper vans one of the must have things this year?
    Out of stock in Argos everywhere as I was trying to get a deal on it. Smyth's were the same.
    Amazon put it up to nearly €100 but I got lucky today, installed a price checker app and used the van to test it,viola it's reduced and ordered at €58 delivered.
    Just about all the kids stuff got now so it's less of a panic for the next month.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,161 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Are the Barbie dream camper vans one of the must have things this year?
    Out of stock in Argos everywhere as I was trying to get a deal on it. Smyth's were the same.
    Amazon put it up to nearly €100 but I got lucky today, installed a price checker app and used the van to test it,viola it's reduced and ordered at €58 delivered.
    Just about all the kids stuff got now so it's less of a panic for the next month.

Was that www.camelcamelcamel.com to compare Amazon prices, only just found out about that site- is very handy indeed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Was that www.camelcamelcamel.com to compare Amazon prices, only just found out about that site- is very handy indeed.

It was Price tracker for Amazon from the play store.
    Haggelzon is good for comparing prices across the European Amazon retailers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭dartboardio

Tubs of roses, quality street and celebrations €3.99 in aldi this week

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Tubs of roses, quality street and celebrations €3.99 in aldi this week

I am upset! BUT ENJOY! Nearest SV is is 2 for E10..

unless they see what Aldi is up to ..lol

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

New Home wrote: »
    I'll get a hedgehog duvet set (from Penneys, hoping they'll still be there) for a young lady

:)

wlkf7s9gf9pz.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ Zander Beautiful Waiver

Had a browse around today and picked up Heros, Celebrations, Selection Boxes and some candles. Plenty of choice and value out there.

• Advertisement

• New Home wrote: »
    :)

wlkf7s9gf9pz.jpg

That's gorgeous!

I know!!!! :D

I also got the king size one for myself.... :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 401 ✭✭Eleysian

New Home wrote: »
    I know!!!! :D

I also got the king size one for myself.... :o

Ooohh King size - good to know! Thank you.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

We couldn’t agree on the colour scheme for our Christmas tree decorations, so we’re buying a second tree today :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

Scarinae wrote: »
    We couldn’t agree on the colour scheme for our Christmas tree decorations, so we’re buying a second tree today :D

Excellent plan - we have two trees because Mr. CL likes a real tree and I like a fake tree so fake tree for the kitchen (where I spend most of my time) & real tree for the sitting room. We're a few years in now & I'm converted to the real tree in the sitting room, we put it up later than the fake one & I love it.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,313 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

Bought a Christmas tablecloth last night in Homestore. And an adorable candle/ projector in Aldi.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

Not purchases as such. Got two matching glass candle (tea tree) holders with Santa on them as a wedding anniversary present.

Supervalu special only 48 hours today and tomorrow, 3 tubs of roses/quality street/heroes for just €10!

Supervalu was packed this morning!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

Picked up the Buffet server thing in Lidl this morning, my other half wants to have a trial run using it before Christmas Day

Picked up my father in law a craft beer set with a lovely glass in Dunnes Stores today... its just a little token to hand him Christmas Day we will probably get tickets for a play as their main present I will leave that to my other half

SarahLil wrote: »
    Picked up the Buffet server thing in Lidl this morning, my other half wants to have a trial run using it before Christmas Day

Picked up my father in law a craft beer set with a lovely glass in Dunnes Stores today... its just a little token to hand him Christmas Day we will probably get tickets for a play as their main present I will leave that to my other half

Buffet server is really handy. We use that on Christmas day the last few years. Handy as there's usually 11/12 of us eating, my granny dishes up the meat and stuffing, and we just work away on mash/carrots/roasties/sprouts etc

• Advertisement

Tassimo Costa pods down to €3.24 in dunnes! Down from €6.49. Cheapest I've ever seen them.

They also have the Cadbury hot chocolate pods too, reduced to €3.24

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭otnomart

Got a lovely red biscuit tin (with a robin on the lid) in Flying Tiger for 2 EUR.
    Needed one anyway, as have been buying loose biscuits for a while.

They had in stock difference sizes, shapes and decor of tins, thought they would come in handy also for all the bakers here.

otnomart wrote: »
    Got a lovely red biscuit tin (with a robin on the lid) in Flying Tiger for 2 EUR.
    Needed one anyway, as have been buying loose biscuits for a while.

They had in stock difference sizes, shapes and decor of tins, thought they would come in handy also for all the bakers here.

Sounds lovely and perfect for bring out when people call over during the festive season.

Wife is going to pavilions this morning so will mention this to her.

Get paid today so the present shopping will start in earnest at lunchtime. Have a list so think we know what we need for everyone so just a matter of getting to all the different shops and hopefully finding everything.

We were chatting last night and would like to have all presents bought and wrapped by the 18th at the latest.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,033 ✭✭✭✭DvB

TRS30 wrote: »
    Get paid today so the present shopping will start in earnest at lunchtime. Have a list so think we know what we need for everyone so just a matter of getting to all the different shops and hopefully finding everything.

We were chatting last night and would like to have all presents bought and wrapped by the 18th at the latest.

We both get paid next week, last of the presents being sorted next weekend so that will be us done other than the food & drink for christmas itself. Though we had provisionally said we'd organise the drinks this weekend so may have that boxed off too.
    My OCD wouldnt allow me leave stuff as late as the week before :D
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

Ramping up our Christmas presents this week/next week too. I bought Mr. CL the usual 1000 piece jigsaw and I got him the Articulate board game too (really for me :o). Waiting on Tesco to come with a styling head for one of my husband's niece & a gift set for his sister-in-law. Also waiting on a delivery from Smyths with Play Doh (for party favours at our girls party after Christmas) & a spelling set for herself from the big man.

Does anyone know where you might pick up Magic Markers? The colour change ones that we had back in the 90s! I mentioned them to my eldest & now she wants them from Santy. Ordered some from Amazon & they are erasers instead of colour changers & none of the colour changers ship to Ireland - North or South :(

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭JustMe,K

CheerLouth wrote: »

Does anyone know where you might pick up Magic Markers? The colour change ones that we had back in the 90s! I mentioned them to my eldest & now she wants them from Santy. Ordered some from Amazon & they are erasers instead of colour changers & none of the colour changers ship to Ireland - North or South :(

If you cant find them locally, maybe set up an Address Pal account? They use a UK rather than NI address.

Or see if you can get these http://www.mrprice.ie/p/world-of-colour-colour-changers-magic-markers/5390380612685

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,129 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

I bought my OH's presents in September, daughters present bought yesterday. So pretty much done bar the food.

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭JustMe,K

I have most of my presents bought & wrapped, only a couple of little bits to pick up.

Looking forward to hitting December 1st so the tree and decorations can go up!

• Advertisement

CheerLouth wrote: »

Give Easons a buzz, I think I saw them there not too long ago.

Advertisement