Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Wines by Pro Golfers

Options
  • 20-11-2019 9:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭

I'm looking for help from the wine buffs on here.

I'm writing a piece on wines by Pro golfers. There are about 20 who either put their names to a wine or produce their own through their vineyards (Greg Norman owns three). What I'm trying to find out is whether any Irish restaurants or off licences or golf clubs stock these wines. I've been making calls but have drawn a blank so far. 15 years ago O'Briens stocked Greg Norman's wines and Lough Erne used to stock Faldo's wines but that's as far as I've got.

The most likely ones are as follows:

David Frost, South Africa.
    Greg Norman, Australia and California.
    Ernie Els, South Africa.
    Arnold Palmer, California
    Gary Player, South Africa.
    Retief Goosen, South Africa.
    Cristie Kerr, California.
    Luke Donald, California.
    Fred Couples, California.
    Nick Faldo, Australia.
    Mike Weir, Canada.
    Annika Sorenstam, California.
    Jack Nicklaus, California.

All help gratefully received
    Thanks
    Kevin

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭First Up

I know Jiminez has an interest but I don't know if he is commercially involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,824 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

First Up wrote: »
    I know Jiminez has an interest but I don't know if he is commercially involved.

strikes me as the kind of fella who might have a dedicated pocket in the bag with Rioja on tap. :)
    its the pocket next to the dedicated montecristo pocket ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭billy3sheets

I had a bottle for 5.50 in my local all-you-can-eat Chinese last week. A nasty, sour little number - think it was a Tyrell Hatton.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭RoadRunner

From his tweets, eddie pepperell sure seems to have a great deal of interest in wine :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,652 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

I had a bottle for 5.50 in my local all-you-can-eat Chinese last week. A nasty, sour little number - think it was a Tyrell Hatton.

Hatton loves a good whine alright..

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭SeeMoreBut

Not wine but did McDowell have beer line and Clarke on the whiskey?

Advertisement