Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

General Discussion on Vendors, Devices etc.

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,811 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

I'm looking for decent empty bottles. It seems difficult to find the best of both worlds. Needle tip are great for precision when filling but the pathetic cover they come with tends to be almost worthless for avoiding getting stabbed when having it in the pocket etc. Also you tend to need to squeeze the bottle to within an inch of it's life to get the liquid out. The standard plastic tips flow much better but precision is more difficult with some devices, sometimes not even fitting.

Anyone have anything they would recommend?

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭london.irish

mewso wrote: »
    I'm looking for decent empty bottles. It seems difficult to find the best of both worlds. Needle tip are great for precision when filling but the pathetic cover they come with tends to be almost worthless for avoiding getting stabbed when having it in the pocket etc. Also you tend to need to squeeze the bottle to within an inch of it's life to get the liquid out. The standard plastic tips flow much better but precision is more difficult with some devices, sometimes not even fitting.

Anyone have anything they would recommend?

I find these bottle pretty decent, the tip is also long enough that a bit if sanding will give them an even finer tip, good enough to fill a Kayfun 3.1!

https://picknmixdiy.com/30ml-unicorn-bottle-vaping-ireland-wexford-picknmixdiy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭Dr Bill V1.5

I find these bottle pretty decent, the tip is also long enough that a bit if sanding will give them an even finer tip, good enough to fill a Kayfun 3.1!

Yep the 100ml bottles are about the best available, good for the newer top fill rta's.

I should have checked your link first... it's not the 100ml you have....they have a narrow enough tip though but are probably best suited for top fill rta's.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,985 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

With Vapewild having shut down I've been looking around for an similar alternative. I saw republic of vape are back and have rebranded their range so put in an order for some 12mg liquids. It arrived quickly and they even threw in a few samples like vapewild always did. Vaping the strawberry and blue raspberry and I must say they are both quite good. They are only available in 70/30 vg/pg, would be better 50/50 for the mtl vaping I'm doing. Overall happy with the experience and I'll be ordering from them again for sure

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭youdipstick

With Vapewild having shut down I've been looking around for an similar alternative. I saw republic of vape are back and have rebranded their range so put in an order for some 12mg liquids. It arrived quickly and they even threw in a few samples like vapewild always did. Vaping the strawberry and blue raspberry and I must say they are both quite good. They are only available in 70/30 vg/pg, would be better 50/50 for the mtl vaping I'm doing. Overall happy with the experience and I'll be ordering from them again for sure

The best mtl strawberry I've tasted comes from Dealz 18/12/6/3mg...50/50,only €1.50 for 10ml.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Garyt82

Strange, they just opened a huge shop in ballyfermot a few weeks ago

The best mtl strawberry I've tasted comes from Dealz 18/12/6/3mg...50/50,only €1.50 for 10ml.

Is that the same as the EuroGiant one? It's a lovely strawberry flavour. The way I'd describe it is it tastes more like strawberry rather than strawberry-flavoured sweets.

Got a question for yous. Was using 25R batteries in a dual-battery mod and they same to have lost their edge, not getting a full day out of them (using about 4 months). What are the go-to batteries these days?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,140 ✭✭✭corkie

Is that the same as the EuroGiant one? It's a lovely strawberry flavour. The way I'd describe it is it tastes more like strawberry rather than strawberry-flavoured sweets.

He maybe referring to Dealz 88Vape brand ejuice.

www(.)88vape(.)com/collections/one-pound-e-liquid/products/sweet-strawberry

EuroGiant stock a different brand.

Trouble with Dealz, is they never seem to have good/newer flavors in stock, any time I pop in.

www(.)88vape(.)com/collections/one-pound-e-liquid/products/new-york-cheesecake
    ^^^ I would love to try that flavor.

Check https://www.youtube.com/user/TheAdamWinch/videos for sponsored reviews of the juice. He is honest enough about crap flavors.

## I'm not affiliated with any store or review site. ##

The Digital Services Act 2024 [EU] ~ Social Media and You ~ Nanny State guidance for parental monitoring of apps ~ Censorship: - broad laws that will probably effect Adult use of same.

corkie wrote: »
    He maybe referring to Dealz 88Vape brand ejuice.

www(.)88vape(.)com/collections/one-pound-e-liquid/products/sweet-strawberry

EuroGiant stock a different brand.

Trouble with Dealz, is they never seem to have good/newer flavors in stock, any time I pop in.

www(.)88vape(.)com/collections/one-pound-e-liquid/products/new-york-cheesecake
    ^^^ I would love to try that flavor.

Check https://www.youtube.com/user/TheAdamWinch/videos for sponsored reviews of the juice. He is honest enough about crap flavors.

## I'm not affiliated with any store or review site. ##

Sorry,i meant eurogiant,i'm on too many drugs at the moment.....lol

• Advertisement

Got a question for yous. Was using 25R batteries in a dual-battery mod and they same to have lost their edge, not getting a full day out of them (using about 4 months). What are the go-to batteries these days?

Always used Sony VTC5A and VTC6's, tried the Molicell recently and they are a good battery but I think the VTC6 is a better performer.

Sorry,i meant eurogiant,i'm on too many drugs at the moment.....lol

The lemon sorbet is decent in there as well. Most of the flavours they have are nice for what they are. I find the 88 in dealz and the like oversweet

The lemon sorbet is decent in there as well. Most of the flavours they have are nice for what they are. I find the 88 in dealz and the like oversweet

The Strawberry from Eurogiant is just perfect in MTL,I wonder what it would be like in a sub ohm tank,not sure how the coil will perform with a thinner juice,I do have 6 mg strawberry here at home,the question is,which tank or dripper to use because I do have plenty to choose from.

The Pear Drops is a lovely taste & a big throat hit in 6mg & 18mg.

The Raspberry is ok but not as flavourful as the Strawberry.

There is a couple more flavours which are top notch but I can't remember at the moment,I'll check later when I get out of bed.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,985 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

I picked up some of the strawberry and a few other flavours in euro giant today. Vaping the strawberry now, it's nothing special but for the price it's perfectly fine.

I picked up some of the strawberry and a few other flavours in euro giant today. Vaping the strawberry now, it's nothing special but for the price it's perfectly fine.

I agree with you there,different tanks & different coils changes the taste completely,on a scale of 10,the taste changes from 3 to 10.

Has anyone bought an Aspire Odan yet?

Nearly pulled the trigger in a cleito pro until I saw this.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭daredevil360

Aegir wrote: »
    Has anyone bought an Aspire Odan yet?

Nearly pulled the trigger in a cleito pro until I saw this.

I bought one for the Mrs hugely impressed with the flavor from low wattage so much so i will be buying another one for myself .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭iba

I like some of the ones in eurogiant eg rubarb and custard.
    In addition, I believe the supplier is from the north, if I remember right, they are called apachevape. They have a website and do deliver.

https://www.apachevape.com/candy-world-16-c.asp

Didn't build rba setup yet, 0.5 coil is good,nice flavour. Very stealthy setup but feels very solid. Only con is the airflow slot can easily be covered with your hand when having a vape, otherwise all good.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭Shinobollo

Didn't build rba setup yet, 0.5 coil is good,nice flavour. Very stealthy setup but feels very solid. Only con is the airflow slot can easily be covered with your hand when having a vape, otherwise all good.

Looks lovely. Waiting on mine to arrive

• Advertisement

Shinobollo wrote: »
    Looks lovely. Waiting on mine to arrive

I have to admit, I'm impressed with it so far,even the stock coil is good. It's very solid, easy to operate, only niggling thing would be the ease of covering the air flow with your hand but it's not a deal breaker.

The Zeta rba build.
    An excellent vape from it also. Included coil resistance is probably a bit higher than I'd normally use for mtl but flavour is excellent.
    Very simple to insert coil, it's a 2mm ID, kanthal I'd say.
    Hugely impressed with this aio,so much so that I ordered another along with an rba,spare tank and some 0.2 mesh coils.
    Included drip tip is a metal so I'd replace it with a delrin 510 for vaping at higher wattage.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,950 ✭✭✭Doge

The Aspire Odan came today from E cig one and they even included a 7ml glass for free.

498781.jpg

I'm a bit overwhelmed with the size of this thing even before I installed the 7ml glass haha!

But it's the most beautiful tank I ever owned, the whole top slides up and to the side so you can top fill, no more unscrewing.

It has a very smooth vape with 70vg /30pg but I wish i had Max vg to test it with.

No spitting also unlike my Cleito pro possibly because of how tall the thing is!

I used Vape Wild for all my juice, but now they have gone I am using The Best Shop and Republic of Vape, but I haven't found anything I really like (My favourite was their Rhubard and Custard).

What good Irish vendors are selling juice these days and can anyone recommend anything. I typically like the raspberry/strawberry custard type of thing

I used Vape Wild for all my juice, but now they have gone I am using The Best Shop and Republic of Vape, but I haven't found anything I really like (My favourite was their Rhubard and Custard).

What good Irish vendors are selling juice these days and can anyone recommend anything. I typically like the raspberry/strawberry custard type of thing

https://diyeliquidireland.com/product/blood-of-vikings-50ml-shortfill-drip-hacks/

Thats an excellent rhubarb/custard juice, it's out of stock there at the moment in shortfills but he restocks regularly. It's available in 250 ml concentrate if you're happy to mix.

https://diyeliquidireland.com/product/blood-of-vikings-50ml-shortfill-drip-hacks/

Thats an excellent rhubarb/custard juice, it's out of stock there at the moment in shortfills but he restocks regularly. It's available in 250 ml concentrate if you're happy to mix.

how does that work, is it 50ml of concentrate in a 250ml bottle, so you just add in VG/PG to suit?

how does that work, is it 50ml of concentrate in a 250ml bottle, so you just add in VG/PG to suit?

Yes you need to add your nic or nic shots and your vg/pg. I add the nic and topup with vg. As the concentrate and nic is pg based the mix ends up at about 80/20 vg/pg. You can alter this as you may prefer a higher pg content.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

Cant remember if it was ever answered, but regarding life insurance and the like, are we classed as smokers, or is it better to say nothing?

Cant remember if it was ever answered, but regarding life insurance and the like, are we classed as smokers, or is it better to say nothing?

Unfortunately we're classed as users of electronic nicotine substitute products, meaning we are in the same boat as smokers as regards premiums. I wouldn't recommend saying nothing as insurance companies will examine carefully all details to avoid paying on policies.
    Vaping 0 nic juice will class you as a non smoker.
    I'm open to correction but I think nicotine is visible in a blood sample for upto 3 months after last use.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

Unfortunately we're classed as users of electronic nicotine substitute products, meaning we are in the same boat as smokers as regards premiums. I wouldn't recommend saying nothing as insurance companies will examine carefully all details to avoid paying on policies.
    Vaping 0 nic juice will class you as a non smoker.
    I'm open to correction but I think nicotine is visible in a blood sample for upto 3 months after last use.

Thanks Dr. Bill!

Planning to quit in the next few months anyway, so will see what happens.

Advertisement