Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Shinkai Makoto ("Your Name") new movie

Options
  • 19-11-2019 11:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭

New trailer for Shinkai Makoto's new movie "Weathering With You". Looks very pretty (As does all Shinkai's stuff: Clean lines, big sky, sure to be a beautiful starscape there somewhere). Totally OTT Teen Melodrama like Your Name, 5CM Per Second, Places Promised and Voices of a Distant Star,

But you got to love his stuff. Just.... Just STOP calling him "The Next Miyazaki". Bar "Children Who Chase Lost Voices" his style is totally different.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,350 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Any idea if / when there will be an English dubbed version of this? I only recently watched Your Name (which I loved) so have no knowledge of how these releases are usually timed.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

January in UK according to IMDb. Probably not a dubbed version in cinema as it will probably only get a relatively limited release. Probably (Hopefully) subtitled.

It was released in Japan in July. Did very well but I didn't see as much hype as for "Your Name". There was a lot of hype (Well, for an anime movie) outside of Japan for "Your Name": Biggest movie of all time in Japan. Oscars etc (Boss Baby nominated over it. BOSS BABY!!! - A rant for another place). 200 million dollars. Next Miyazaki BS. And it still only got a very limited release here.

Would be great if he did another QA like he did for "Children Who Chase". But he was pretty freaked out by the attention of "Your Name" and kind of dropped out of sight (Understandable).

But hopefully it will get released here. Will be nice to have something to look forward to in January

• Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭megaten

S.M.B. wrote: »
    Any idea if / when there will be an English dubbed version of this? I only recently watched Your Name (which I loved) so have no knowledge of how these releases are usually timed.

Maybe, it'll be noted in the listings for the screenings if its dubbed or subtitled. It bene out for a while in Japan I think so there should have been time to do a dub.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,350 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Looks like the US theatrical release will have an english subtitled and dubbed version so should not have to wait too long to see it over this direction.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

That animation is great tbh!

• Advertisement
Advertisement