Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

TV Debate! Who do you think won tonight's debate? - 19/November/2019

• 19-11-2019 8:33pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,065 CMod ✭✭✭✭

As per a user suggestion, I'm putting up a poll about the ITV leaders' debate of 19 November 2019.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

Who do you think won the debate? 77 votes

Jeremy Corbyn
    66% 51 votes
    Boris Johnson
    27% 21 votes
    Neither/Both performed poorly.etc
    6% 5 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭liamtech

Im recording this on my Free To Air Satellite Box, so i will attempt to compress and upload for those users that cannot view the debate - this may take some time but i should be able to do it tonight

I will let everyone know when this is done. I suspect i wont be able to post this on Youtube or a video hosting site but it should be possible to do a download on a hosting site - Size will be issue so quality will be very basic (no Ultra High Definition Surround Sound im afraid!)

Sic semper tyrannis - thus always to Tyrants

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,065 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

liamtech wrote: »
    Im recording this on my Free To Air Satellite Box, so i will attempt to compress and upload for those users that cannot view the debate - this may take some time but i should be able to do it tonight

I will let everyone know when this is done. I suspect i wont be able to post this on Youtube or a video hosting site but it should be possible to do a download on a hosting site - Size will be issue so quality will be very basic (no Ultra High Definition Surround Sound im afraid!)

This might not be a good idea. There may be legal or copyright issues. I'd say ITV will stick it on Youtube anyway once it's done.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

This might not be a good idea. There may be legal or copyright issues. I'd say ITV will stick it on Youtube anyway once it's done.

Ok understood - my understanding was that as it is broadcast in Free to Air, that is unencrypted to anyone in reception range, means it should be kosher like sharing a VHS - but i understand - i will record and compress and we will see if it ends up on Youtube

And if not then perhaps it can be shared via another medium if possible - no wish to cause trouble:o

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,065 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

liamtech wrote: »
    Ok understood - my understanding was that as it is broadcast in Free to Air, that is unencrypted to anyone in reception range, means it should be kosher like sharing a VHS - but i understand - i will record and compress and we will see if it ends up on Youtube

And if not then perhaps it can be shared via another medium if possible - no wish to cause trouble:o

I genuinely don't know. Might be best to err on the side of caution and it's likely to end up on Youtube with better quality anyway. Awfully considerate of you, though.

H. H. Asquith

• Registered Users Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

Is it online live

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

H. H. Asquith

Ah spot on then - minutes away - Enjoy all -

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭gooch2k9

Johnson's tie carefully lined up 3 degrees off center. Hopefully something actually comes out of this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭jogdish

Is there something funny about Corbyns (my left his right) eye? or are the glasses tilted?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭CPTM

Does anyone know what Virgin Media channel I could view the debate on?

EDIT: Here's a link..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9kEB5pqWpJw

• Registered Users Posts: 8,299 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

Danzy wrote: »
    Is it online live

Yep. ITV News Youtube channel.

jogdish wrote: »
    Is there something funny about Corbyns (my left his right) eye? or are the glasses tilted?

I noticed as well.

H. H. Asquith

• Registered Users Posts: 2,371 ✭✭✭Westernyelp

2 people already voted for Johnson in the poll. open minded types obviously

• Registered Users Posts: 22,230 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

Yep. ITV News Youtube channel.

Corbyns glasses are lobsided. It’s very distracting

• Registered Users Posts: 21,517 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Real us and them approach with Lib-Dems, SNP, Green and Brexit Party leaders being interviewed later on same channel.

Akrasia wrote: »
    Corbyns glasses are lobsided. It’s very distracting

It's annoying the hell out of me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,002 ✭✭✭Shelga

Why did I turn this on. They're both awful. It's not going to change anyone's mind. As usual, I think Corbyn is slightly less awful as I don't think he's a fundamentally nasty, self-interested person, unlike Johnson.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,729 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

1st Debate live by ITV on Youtube:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,299 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

Is Jeremy Corbyn going to say he is remain or leave for this GE?

• Advertisement

Is Jeremy Corbyn going to say he is remain or leave for this GE?

Absolutely disgraceful and disrespectful to voters.

He has been asked 4 times - and, like the politicians he condemns, he REFUSES to answer the question.

Shameful!

Corbyn looking like an absolute fool here.

BRILLIANT sucker punch on the NHS -

dodged answering on whether he is leave or remain but for me

its first round Corbyn - by an inch but still

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭gooch2k9

Corbyn really should have a better answer for Johnson's obvious question. If he won't take a side explain why that is.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭Indestructable

Why can't Corbyn just say which side he will fall on. It's crazy hearing him repeat that mantra 4 times, it's meaningless.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭CPTM

Shelga wrote: »
    Why did I turn this on. They're both awful. It's not going to change anyone's mind. As usual, I think Corbyn is slightly less awful as I don't think he's a fundamentally nasty, self-interested person, unlike Johnson.

Johnson is exploiting Corbyn's weaknesses a bit better.

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭septictank

The audience need to be told to stop applauding or this debate will be about which side can clap the loudest and longest.

Johnson performing far, far better than Corbyn so far in this debate.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Why do they insist on live audiences. It always end up with a clapaton between sides. It's nonsense

• Registered Users Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

Johnson performing far, far better than Corbyn so far in this debate.

He is much better debater but seems to be a debate that will not shift much opinion.

Corbyn doing well enough.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,664 ✭✭✭sid waddell

Corbyn destroyed Johnson on the NHS. If the NHS isn't on the table, Johnson wouldn't be having metings with Trump about it. He is.

The NHS is very much on the table, and the Yanks will demand their pound of flesh.

In response to Corbyn's stance on a Brexit referendum, it's pretty simple. He negotiates the best deal possible without the Tories' insane red lines and lets the people decide.

Listen to Johnson here talking about the border under his deal.

An utter bluffer who speaks out both sides of his mouth depending on who he's speaking to. He's speaking to the nation tonight and hasn't a clue what to stay.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement