Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

New forest or glasson golf clubs

• 16-11-2019 11:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Been picked as captain of my society this year so its down to me to pick the course for captains day was thinking new forest or glasson looking for a bit of info about them from people that have played either r both.... Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭ANXIOUS

New Forest is a great track and generally will be easier to get to from anywhere in the country than Glasson.

Glasson has recently been purchased so they may make a few changes.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,650 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Tough choice, can’t go wrong with either of them, try getting a quote off both anD that might help you decide...Glasson is however the easier and more scenic of the two

• Registered Users Posts: 16 superted81

Member in Glasson, new owners have brought in a Director of Golf and can already see improvements on the course. Hoping it will be in great condition next year after she gets a spring\summer under her belt.

New Forest is a lovely course, you won't go wrong with either of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭BraveDonut

Have stayed and played in Glasson a number of times with a Society. We seem to get a good deal for the hotel stay and green fees. Decent track - not too difficult.
    You have the option of heading into the village for the pubs and not too far to travel into Athlone if you are looking for more adventurous nightlife.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭hawkelady

superted81 wrote: »
    Member in Glasson, new owners have brought in a Director of Golf and can already see improvements on the course. Hoping it will be in great condition next year after she gets a spring\summer under her belt.

New Forest is a lovely course, you won't go wrong with either of them.

Curious to know what improvements your director of golf brought in that you can see improvements on the course ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 Odders..ntmk

Thanks for the replies I have gone with new forest and then onto athlone for the 2 nights

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,650 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

Unless they are good golfers, go with Glasson. Rough is very tough and punishing in New Forest.

Both lovely courses but Glasson would get my pick. You won't get a deal on green fees is the only problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭searay

hawkelady wrote: »
    Curious to know what improvements your director of golf brought in that you can see improvements on the course ?

I’m also a member there. The new owners, The Press up Group are only in place since October but there’s more emphasis on course maintenance. Greens are in good nick for the time of year and bunkers are getting attention that was lacking.

There’s also more emphasis on members, with coaching nights and kids classes.

It’s early days, but a good start.

Advertisement