Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sh!t that makes you feel old.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Having a parent/teacher meeting with a past pupil’s child ... and saying the exact SAME thing about little Johnny. The apple doesn’t fall far from the tree!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,867 ✭✭✭Dick phelan

Saw a post on FB earlier, one of the guys in my year in school got engaged. Also one of my friends got married last year. Guess it's heading towards that stage of life now!.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Carry

Got the news that I became a great-aunt a week ago (9th of November of all days). That's like being a granny!

I mean, it was just bearable to be a (great :cool:) auntie, but a great-aunt?

And the worst thing is that I feel the urge to show everyone a picture of the newborn, the usual crumply baby. In pre-great-aunt-times I used to roll my eyes when anybody wanted to show me a picture of a baby. They look all the same anyway.
    (Though not my great-niece, obviously ... :D)

Gosh, what became of me ....:o

• Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

When your friends daughter,s start having children ,you are now old.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭tnegun

Saw a post on FB earlier, one of the guys in my year in school got engaged. Also one of my friends got married last year. Guess it's heading towards that stage of life now!.
    The fact that this makes you feel old makes me feel ancient!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,489 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Was told to edit my CV to make it look like I'm not so old.
    Suggestion was to cut early career experience so like that, 16 years experience became 8 and a trade qualification and degree were removed like they never happened.
    Didn't think this would happen at 40.

Granted I am looking at a specific role to gain experience and so ordinarily it would be someone in their 20's applying for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,144 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

FB friend suggestions.. 18 yo women in tee shirts posing for a camera. Why are they a suggested friend? Because I'm friends with their parents. Fock off Facebook

• Registered Users Posts: 30,020 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

i saw Westlife was on The Late Late on Friday and the sang flying without wings.
    When I was in Primary school they were about 19/20 and I remember saying to myself these guys are really old and grown up. I think some of them called for some charity thing.
    Now that they are 39/40 I don't think they are that old.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

watching a TV programme from your youth that you thought was great but now as an adult you realise it was cr@p

for example yesterday i was watching TJ Hooker and my god the acting & script was so hammy it was almost laughable ...in fact the same could be said for most 80's TV shows

Modern high standards in TV production really shows them up

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭Realtine

My niece is about to become a Grandmother!! WTF

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭angel eyes 2012

Realtine wrote: »

My niece is two years old, your post makes me feel young again!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

Realtine wrote: »

Mr Crumble's aunt became a GREAT granny at 60. She's very into fashion and style and always looks well. She's 70 now and looks much younger. Nobody believes she's a great granny.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Being totally at ease starting a day with nothing set to do; no commitments... free as the proverbial bird.... and loving it!

Old age? Great time of life..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,204 ✭✭✭partyguinness

As long as Tom Brady & Buffon are still playing- I am young.

As Wilde said:

"Youth is wasted on the young."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 321 ✭✭171170

Greta Thunderburger being taken seriously.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭AG041

Watching early episodes of Friends and realising that the characters are years younger than I am now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭Shady Grady

JFK was assassinated 56 years ago. I was 5 years old then.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

You should worry! I was much much older than 5 when that happened! Not even a teenager even

• Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭griffin100

When your mate is using the extra extra large font on his phone as he can't see it otherwise.

• Advertisement

Snap I was really squinting at the computer screen yesterday and was thinking "Do I need glasses??"

• Registered Users Posts: 8,033 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

Gerry G wrote: »
    When I bend down to tie my shoelaces I wonder is there anything else I can do while I'm down there.

When you can't remember what was posted 5 posts earlier!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,033 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

Buying the paper and seeing the iconic photo of Ruby shooting Oswald on the front page.

When you can't remember what was posted 5 posts earlier!

Just posting to give appreciation to your username

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭Lollipops23

Realising I know nobody on the Electric Picnic line up.

Thinking young ones look ridiculous in their 'going out' gear.

Needing to spend €70 every 6-8 weeks to keep the grays at bay.

Needing to spend €70 every 6-8 weeks to keep the grays at bay.

Pointless. Stop wasting your money.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭Lollipops23

Pointless. Stop wasting your money.

I don't suit gray hair. It's not that funky silver colour that lots of people can pull off- it's white and wiry and makes me look like the cat lady from the Simpsons.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Realising I know nobody on the Electric Picnic line up.

I've had no idea who any of the bands are in the charts for the past 10 years anytime I've glanced at them.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

When the youngest is watching a TV show and I can remember the mother in it as the child in a show from years ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

When you're watching a football match on tv with a couple of foreign clubs and the commentator says the name of a famous player from your youth......

"Jaysus, is he still knocking around after all these years, he was a class act"

Quick wikipedia of the club and the surname reveals the player is the 20 year old son of the guy you remember watching back in the day!

Advertisement