Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Rugby pundits getting worse

• 16-11-2019 4:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭

Anyone else finding the quality pundits is deteriorating. Always found Liam toland a pain, Keith wood brutal too. Now we’ve a new heir to title of worst pundit....Jamie heaslip. He’s desperately annoying. O gara, while not being as irritating is desperately inarticulate and looks very uncomfortable. He sounds like a fella in a pub...could come out with anything!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,190 ✭✭✭bobbyss

digzy wrote:
    Anyone else finding the quality pundits is deteriorating. Always found Liam toland a pain, Keith wood brutal too. Now we’ve a new heir to title of worst pundit....Jamie heaslip. He’s desperately annoying. O gara, while not being as irritating is desperately inarticulate and looks very uncomfortable. He sounds like a fella in a pub...could come out with anything!

Someone said of O'Gara he looks like a banker and talks like a farmer.
    I agree with you about him being inarticulate. He can't string sentences together. Unfortunately he is also cursed with that dreadful accent.
    Sounds like a real mick.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,912 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

O gara is good when he has time to get his thoughts across. He doesn't just talk
    in soundbites, which is a plus. But he isn't terrible articulate which means the needs time to say what he's thinking.

He's an actual top level coach. He could talk rings around the likes of us so I probably wouldn't take the p1ss out of his accent.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭digzy

I'm not questioning his coaching ability or his 'ligind' status
    He's a woeful pundit who doesn't bring his vast knowledge across to the audience. Thought the impression of him on newstalk was very accurate

• Registered Users Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭shootermacg

bobbyss wrote: »
    Someone said of O'Gara he looks like a banker and talks like a farmer.
    I agree with you about him being inarticulate. He can't string sentences together. Unfortunately he is also cursed with that dreadful accent.
    Sounds like a real mick.

I'd much prefer him to the wannabe d4 cringfest horsey manner and accent of the likes of Luke Fitz or the stammering mess that is BoD.

I'd much prefer him to the wannabe d4 cringfest horsey manner and accent of the likes of Luke Fitz or the stammering mess that is BoD.

f4K_fXJi.jpeg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Donnielighto

You dont have to have played the game at a high level to analyse it. Best analysis I've seen on years is squidge but we have to get the names that will draw people from the start.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Quickest I've seen a thread descend into provincial baiting. Well done fellas, well done. Thread closed as it seems it's not a topic than can be discussed in a sensible manner.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement