Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Assistant Staff Officer - Limerick City and County Council

• 12-07-2019 7:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 40

The Application Form and Briefing Document are available to download from the Council’s website www.limerick.ie/council/your-council/jobs

Completed application forms must be e-mailed to recruitment@limerick.ie so as to arrive no later than Thursday 29th August 2019.

If anyone would like to leave suggestions or tips for the interviews that would be greatly appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11 QuinnK80

Received an email today regarding an interview the first week in November, let the preparation commence.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭mayo londoner

Recieved an email too. What's the process with this? It says it's a shortlisting interview, does that mean that there's another interview couple weeks down the line if you are sucessful? Whole process is very unclear

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Recieved an email too. What's the process with this? It says it's a shortlisting interview, does that mean that there's another interview couple weeks down the line if you are sucessful? Whole process is very unclear
    Basically yes. Get yourself in the top 10 for a decent shot at round 2.

No connection with LCC,just did one similar for another county and was shortlisted but so far down it was like finding a black hole in my garden.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

How did everyone get on in the shortlisting interview. It was quite short(max 20 mins), thought i was over dressed in a suit as there was one person waiting dressed smart casual.

Thought the interview went well, you can never really tell to be honest. Two nice interviewers. Probably found the motivation ones a bit hard/awkward to answer but held my own.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Oasisfan88

I'm going for interview tommorrow any idea what kind of questions will be asked?

• Advertisement

Oasisfan88 wrote: »
    I'm going for interview tommorrow any idea what kind of questions will be asked?

They're pretty standard questions, doubt many will be thrown by them.

How do you deal with conflict?
    How do you deal with someone not pulling their weight?
    How do you motivate a team etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 QuinnK80

Had my interview today also, went well, it was about 25 mins, know your cv and you will be fine, wonder when we will hear back, it's a 2 year panel

QuinnK80 wrote: »
    Had my interview today also, went well, it was about 25 mins, know your cv and you will be fine, wonder when we will hear back, it's a 2 year panel

I should have asked that in the interview

Would I be right in saying that there will be guts of 250-300 interviewed over the 5 days? Seemed to be about 10 people being interviewed on my board today and they informed me interviews were taking place all week

That's phenomenal for a shortlisting interview to interview that many people of true

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭BJG524

Did they ask about areas/workings of the council etc or just worked off the form and the normal staff questions?

5 interview boards, approx 10-12 people per board per day from what I could see and interviwers informed me that interviews were taking place all week

BJG524 wrote: »
    Did they ask about areas/workings of the council etc or just worked off the form and the normal staff questions?

They did a small bit - easy enough to find out about it. They asked me about the councillors and did I understand what they did.

Anyone hear anything yet? Was informed by someone working in the Council that it was actually 400 people interviewed, nuts. 50 places available on the panel.

Got word back today that I didn't make it through to next stage, very dissapointed, especially with my mark for the 'delivering results' sections as I felt I answered questions relevant to that very well. Mark required was 300 (I got 280) so I'm guessing about 100 through to final interview. I know preference was being given to Clerical Officers with 2 of more years experience in the Council so would be interesting to know what the breakdown is.

Got word back today that I didn't make it through to next stage, very dissapointed, especially with my mark for the 'delivering results' sections as I felt I answered questions relevant to that very well. Mark required was 300 (I got 280) so I'm guessing about 100 through to final interview. I know preference was being given to Clerical Officers with 2 of more years experience in the Council so would be interesting to know what the breakdown is.

Got 245 and scored above 50% in each section which means if there were less candidates, I probably would have gotten through

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Mickey Mackey 18

I know at least 8 or 9 that conveniently got 280.
    The briefing doc stated that 50% in each section was required to make it to the interview panel. You did that but got stung by limerick council like many others.no transparency with them

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Skybar2019

I too scored 280.... was disappointed not to.get through. Was very happy with interview and my marking sheet said 'Good Candidate'. Are they looking after all their inside clerical officers ??

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Mickey Mackey 18

Skybar2019 wrote: »
    I too scored 280.... was disappointed not to.get through. Was very happy with interview and my marking sheet said 'Good Candidate'. Are they looking after all their inside clerical officers ??

Appeals now being accepted due to the unclear briefing document. The union have contacted all effected staff, not sure if council will advise non staff. So worth an appeal if you passed each section but didn't make final cut

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭garryowenman

I recently went for interview with Limerick county council for the clerical officer position. I passed my interview. I have come 12th in the panel. The panel is for one year does anyone if i have much chance of being called?

• Advertisement
Advertisement