Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pokemon Sword and Shield

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

But... Sword? What colour is sword?

I don't like it...

I do love the look of it though, looks a lot better than Lets Go which already looked good! Scope seems great, Pokemen from all the Gens present, some type of League/Colosseum type fixture, hopefully not like the Battle Towers of yore.

Hype already!

New starters are cute too, Scorbunny looks like a rabbid :D Is Sobble supposed to be a tadpole?

Nice

• New starters are cute too, Scorbunny looks like a rabbid :D Is Sobble supposed to be a tadpole?

Nice

A lizard, I think.

Not a fan of those starters tbh (and I'm not just comparing them with the early gens as I thought the Sun and Moon starters were great, Rowlet especially!) I know there are a limited number of animals in the world to base designs on, but still think there were already more than enough monkeys out there. Sobble probably my fave if I had to pick one.

Hopefully the evolved forms will be good, though I don't own a Switch myself (and don't have enough free time or disposable income to justify getting one) so might be a long time before I ever get to play this anyway. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,459 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

Upside-down GB and leaves Ireland out completely :mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,186 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Please have a difficulty setting! I don't want endless tutorials. Just give me my starter and let me catch Pokemon without constant interruptions!!

• Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

My favourite battle system was X and Y. I spent a lot of hours battling on that. I thought the Z-Move addition in Sun and Moon gen was overkill though. I really hope the battle system is not ruined by more bells and whistles. I'm excited to see what it will be like.

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Looking forward to this one. Hopefully the Switch is able to handle battles better, the stuttering could get pretty woeful on the 3DS.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,186 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

My favourite battle system was X and Y. I spent a lot of hours battling on that. I thought the Z-Move addition in Sun and Moon gen was overkill though. I really hope the battle system is not ruined by more bells and whistles. I'm excited to see what it will be like.

Pokemon is already one shotty enough. I never bothered really with the Z crystals/moves in Sun and Moon.

Hopefully a return to gym badges!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭AMGer

IvySlayer wrote: »
    Please have a difficulty setting! I don't want endless tutorials. Just give me my starter and let me catch Pokemon without constant interruptions!!

Sun/Moon drove me nuts with the tutorials. Didn’t get very far before I lost all patience with it.

It will launch worldwide on November 15th.

https://twitter.com/Pokemon/status/1136260763323052032

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Some info on the new games, along with a few Pokemon reveals!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

They said yesterday that only Pokemon in the Galar pokedex can be transferred to Sword and Shield, so going to be a limited pokdex :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,459 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

mcgovern wrote: »
    They said yesterday that only Pokemon in the Galar pokedex can be transferred to Sword and Shield, so going to be a limited pokdex :(

aaaaaaaand all the hype for these games is gone.

Also hearing no Mega Evolutions or Z-Moves?

I'm pleased the Z-Moves are gone as I never liked them but I'm disappointed if there's no Megas. Mega Medicham won me a lot of battles on Pokemon X.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

There's a 20 or so minute video on youtube of gameplay and it's being talked over. Couldn't get through it. Painfully boring. They just stood in one area and battled a couple of wild pokemon and talked about how the rain affects the monsters you see.. (That feature has excited was many, many generations).

I guess it's not the kind of game that can have 'exciting' gameplay videos like Last of Us, Halo etc.. but disappointing none the less.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Smertrius

big deal you can't catch them all

So, game is out on Friday. Very excited for it, getting Sword and I think I'll be going with Grookey for my starter.

Have the game pre-loaded and ready to go at midnight :D

Don't have a Switch so I figured I'd wait until Black Friday to get one and then get this game. Might alternatively go for the Switch Lite as I'm more of a handheld gamer these days. Will have to think about it.

Interested to hear people's thoughts when it's released.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭Redhighking

Anyone have any tips on good early/mid game pokemon to invest in for Sword?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

Anyone have any tips on good early/mid game pokemon to invest in for Sword?

Growlithe for me, Arcanine now an absolute beast.

Just ran into a shiny hitmonchan in I'd say my second encounter with him, got a bit of a fright when I seen it was shiny as I wasn't hunting him.

Have about 35 to get now to compete the pokedex, is there anyone on here that could help me out?

Redzer7 wrote: »
    Just ran into a shiny hitmonchan in I'd say my second encounter with him, got a bit of a fright when I seen it was shiny as I wasn't hunting him.

Have about 35 to get now to compete the pokedex, is there anyone on here that could help me out?

What do you need? I can check what I have when I get home.

Angron wrote: »
    What do you need? I can check what I have when I get home.

1) Seedot
    2) Espeon
    3) Flapple
    4) Swirlix
    5) Slurpuff
    6) Escavalier
    7) Accelgor
    8) Rufflet
    9) Trevenant
    10) Passimian
    11) Solrock
    12) Stonjourner
    13) Zacian
    14) Rhyperior
    15) Aromatisse
    16) Turtonator

Can trade all of the pokemon back straight away and also help out if you need anything that I might have, cheers .

Yeah, I can help with a decent number of those, at least doing a touch trade anyways. I'm pretty busy all of today, but should be free to do trades tomorrow if you're around then.

Angron wrote: »
    Yeah, I can help with a decent number of those, at least doing a touch trade anyways. I'm pretty busy all of today, but should be free to do trades tomorrow if you're around then.

Spot on, cheers.

Give me a list of what you need and I'll make a box with them to touch trade

Been busy with life, but got my Dex done, and have gotten a few shinies since, including a Pawniard this evening :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

Pokemon Home released last night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Got my pokedex filled this morning.. First pokemon game I have managed it.

Have my boxes organised Pokemon 001 - 400, a full living dex.

Traded a shiny mamoswine for a zamazenta on the app this morning to finish it off.

Advertisement