Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Rugby on Premier sport

• 12-11-2019 6:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27

I see Premier sport advertised on pro 14 rugby matches. I signed up for sky sports extra to include this but find that although the rugby is down for premier sport it is not available on the premier channel sky are making available to me.
    I get some of the premier sports but not the rugby even though it appears to be available in Ireland. When the rugby is on the channel ( which shows premier soccer matches which are of no particular interest to me) us blank.
    My question is if premier sports is showing the rugby via other Irish channels why is sky sports not and why are sky selling premier in an extra package when in fact it's premier minus rugby that's available??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,506 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Finochet wrote: »
    I see Premier sport advertised on pro 14 rugby matches. I signed up for sky sports extra to include this but find that although the rugby is down for premier sport it is not available on the premier channel sky are making available to me.
    I get some of the premier sports but not the rugby even though it appears to be available in Ireland. When the rugby is on the channel ( which shows premier soccer matches which are of no particular interest to me) us blank.
    My question is if premier sports is showing the rugby via other Irish channels why is sky sports not and why are sky selling premier in an extra package when in fact it's premier minus rugby that's available??

Eir have the rights to pro14 in Ireland so premier need to get block it

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

Are you singed up through SKY? Says on their website Pro14 games are UK audiences only.
    https://www.premiersports.com/pro14/fixtures.html

Its not blocked through Now TV

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭-Toppy-

FYI its the same on vodafone tv (with SIRO broadband). I was pretty annoyed by it as they show some pro14 matches that are not aired on eir sports
    Cheers
    Toppy

Advertisement