Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

GTA 6 Rumours

• 01-07-2019 5:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29,472 ✭✭✭✭

A guy who knows journos and a friend at Rockstar led him to write a post about all the GTA 6 info he has so far. If even a hint of this is true, it sounds epic. Next gen Vice City.

https://www.reddit.com/r/GamingLeaksAndRumours/comments/c74e6e/next_grand_theft_auto_title_details_project/?utm_content=body&utm_medium=post_embed&utm_name=2ff889542f8d45a4a54b9351c492a4d8&utm_source=embedly&utm_term=c74e6e
    I have two friends who are very reliable and have worked for places such as Kotaku and PC Gamer. They relayed this information to me. I also have a very dear friend who works for Rockstar, he won’t confirm the details, but he won’t deny them either. Normally, if something is not true, he’ll flat out deny, but here he just laughed and said “you know I can’t talk about that stuff bro” sooooooo :) I think we’re gold boys!

The next GTA title has been in development since 2012 (1 year before GTA 5 launched). Production didn't actually pick up properly until mid 2015. Even then it was on ice while the teams focused on RDR2.
    It's another Rockstar Worldwide Production, not just one or two studios, but all.

Codename is PROJECT AMERICAS.
    Set in both Vice City and a new fictional location based on Rio de Janeiro, with some linear missions taking place in Liberty City (not open world), think Ludendorff in GTAV. Also been recently hearing about Cuba but I ain’t sure?
    Game will balance realism and arcade. WON'T be as realistic as RDR2.
    One playable protagonist this time. Male, not female, despite supposed leaks.
    Set in 1970s-1980s.
    You play as an up and coming drug lord-wannabe named "Ricardo". Another key character called “Kacey” is a part of the narrative. You start off as a grunt doing runs as a cocaine smuggler from Vice City to the new large South American area (and visa versa?) before making connections with big time drug lords and making your way up. Multiple cities. There will also be a GIANT prison which will play a part in the game.
    Will feature a “CHAPTER” system similar to a Tarantino flick or RDR2.

Weather is a heavy focus. Hurricanes, floods, etc.
    Buildings change over the eras, vehicles too. This causes headaches apparently but they managed to nail a pipeline and get it working. So older, rare classic cars get more expensive as time progresses etc. Full economy. Next level.

HEAVILY inspired by Netflix's Narcos.
    They want to have an incredible 70s/80s soundtrack, but jury is still out on that one.
    A younger Martin Madrazo will make an appearance as will his father who is a big drug lord at the time. You do some missions for the Madrazo family involving hits on other gangs.

Drug empire building is a mechanic similar to Vice City Stories but bigger. MUCH bigger. Think the GTAOnline system and dial it up to 10. There you have it.
    You can only have weapons on your person. No arsenal in your back pocket. Think RDR2 and Max Payne 3.
    Your personal vehicle (similar to GTA5 but can now change it) will be like your horse saddle in RDR2. All your equipment is stored in the trunk. Similar to LA Noire. You also store your body armour in the car. If you wear it, it appears, no longer just an invisible thing lol.

There will be tons of subtitle reading. Think Max Payne 3 amounts. Because the characters speak the language they're native to. Very immersive. Like watching an episode of Narcos. Whenever you're in South America, don't expect to hear much English. Vice City however is a mix of everything. Mostly English though.

Last bit of narrative info, it will discuss topics such as HIV and the immigration crisis of the time. A fictional version of Fidel Castro etc. Though I’ll be PISSED if our protagonist dies from AIDS or some ****.
    Next Gen only. Not PS4/XB1.
    Game is now their primary focus, alongside another title (which I believe to be Bully 2).
    Game is still in Pre-Alpha so names, locations, details could and probably will change.
    No ETA on a release date.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭Gorgeousgeorge

Sounds excellent. Hope it's true

• Registered Users Posts: 11,619 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

I'm happy with the one protaganist. Hopefully it will have killer tunes like the ones in Vice City too.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

I think this rumour was debunked by that Yan guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

If lazlow has his own station like vice city I’ll be happy :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,375 ✭✭✭Riddle101

I predict there will be an official announcement of GTA 6 sometime in 2020. They'll probably wait until E3 to announce it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

"Summer" 2020 is the latest date doing the rounds!
    I would love an announcement 3 months out from launch, save us the years of build up :)

https://www.express.co.uk/entertainment/gaming/1203167/GTA-6-release-date-update-Rockstar-Games-Grand-Theft-Auto-2020

• Registered Users Posts: 29,472 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

marcbrophy wrote: »
    "Summer" 2020 is the latest date doing the rounds!
    I would love an announcement 3 months out from launch, save us the years of build up :)

https://www.express.co.uk/entertainment/gaming/1203167/GTA-6-release-date-update-Rockstar-Games-Grand-Theft-Auto-2020

I was gonna say no chance of it releasing a few months before next gen but that would actually make sense to make people but it twice. Really can't see GTA 6 happening next year though, as much as I'd love it.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,203 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    I was gonna say no chance of it releasing a few months before next gen but that would actually make sense to make people but it twice. Really can't see GTA 6 happening next year though, as much as I'd love it.

Even if they announced it today for Summer 2020, chances are the same would happen as with GTAV and RDR2, and it'll be delayed for about a year.

I'd say at this stage they're best off launching for next gen. Given next gen consoles will almost certainly be backwards compatible, can still launch a version for both current and next gen (with current gen version still playable on next-gen consoles).

They don't need to double-dip to make people buy it twice. GTAV made its money from online rather than sales. GTAVI will no doubt do the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,619 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

I hope Roman Belic returns as a cold blooded murderer. "Hey cousin, lets play murdering."

• Registered Users Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Zero-Cool wrote: »

They released GTA V 8 weeks before they new consoles back in 2013. At this stage I'd nearly expect them to do it again next year :)
    Jordan 199 wrote: »
    I hope Roman Belic returns as a cold blooded murderer. "Hey cousin, lets play murdering."

:D

• Advertisement
Advertisement