Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

At 3.15 today there was a bridge lift - why

Options
  • 08-11-2019 4:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭

A small tug from the Fastnet yard came through, turned round and went back

What the feck? :confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 814 ✭✭✭debok

Oh my god

• Registered Users Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭JohnC.

Try asking the council.

My thoughts and prayers are with you in this difficult time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Thank you!

That Fastnet yard needs bombing the feck over to Bellview btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 bluess99

Maybe they were just training.. but probably the Council doing it to upset people again......

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭curmudgeonly

Were they pulling a dredge?

• Advertisement

Didn't notice anything behind, to be honest I wasn't playing that much attention as I just expected the boat to go through the bridge to drop and the traffic to move finally.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,816 ✭✭✭skooterblue2

Wont someone think of the Children?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,805 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Wont someone think of the Children?

fcuk'em

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

I think we need to start a gofundme campaign to help at this hard time on this....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭RubyK

There were 2 vessels on Friday afternoon, the fastnet tug and a smaller boat.

I was only a few cars back, what shocked me was the guy running across the bridge, who got to the barriers and climbed over them, just before the bridge lifted :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

RubyK wrote: »
    I was only a few cars back, what shocked me was the guy running across the bridge, who got to the barriers and climbed over them, just before the bridge lifted :eek:

A future Darwin Award contender if they keep that up,

RubyK wrote: »
    There were 2 vessels on Friday afternoon, the fastnet tug and a smaller boat.

Thanks for paying more attention than me.

That yard really does need moving to Bellview

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭brickysession

I remember it being discussed locally before that the river has priority over the roads as the river was there first.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,218 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

I remember it being discussed locally before that the river has priority over the roads as the river was there first.

And horses and bikes were there before cars ……
    But motor vehicles OWN the road , right ?

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... "

Advertisement