Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas hacks

• 10-11-2019 3:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭

Hi All

Do we have a Christmas hacks thread sorry if it’s already been done I’m sure the Mods will sort that out if it has

Just for tips on anything really for Christmas in your home...decorating the tree, holding garlands in place, wrapping etc

I just seen a hack online for decorating your Christmas tree put green tinsel on it before lights and decorations it really fills the tree out lovely the before and after photos were amazing no gaps

I will go in search of the tinsel and report back :)

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,647 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Excellent idea for a thread.

I highly recommend this I listened to it last year loads of ideas and hacks and memories.

https://www.rte.ie/radio/radioplayer/html5/#/radio1/10976624
    Brenda Costigan, Francis Brennan and the Liveline listeners shared their top tips for a magic Christmas.

Marion McGarry gave a great insight into Christmas in the Irish cottage in days gone by, and callers rang in with their favourite seasonal traditions and stories.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭Jude13

I would listen but by the look of the picture on that site it would mean that I may have to hear Joe Duffy which I just cannot abide.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭otnomart

I like Good Housekeeping for their gift guides, and they also have a lot of recipes:
    https://www.goodhousekeeping.com/uk/christmas/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

SarahLil wrote: »
    Hi All

Do we have a Christmas hacks thread sorry if it’s already been done I’m sure the Mods will sort that out if it has

Just for tips on anything really for Christmas in your home...decorating the tree, holding garlands in place, wrapping etc

I just seen a hack online for decorating your Christmas tree put green tinsel on it before lights and decorations it really fills the tree out lovely the before and after photos were amazing no gaps

I will go in search of the tinsel and report back :)

Great idea. My wife does most (all of the decorating) so will ask her is she has any tips/ideas etc to share with you guys.

The only tip I can think of now, is that I wrap my lights (smaller sets) around the empty cardboard from the inside of kitchen roll to stop them getting tangled.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

Another tip regarding fairy lights, I find the attic is cold where you store them so if you take them down to the warmth of the house a couple of days before you intend on plugging them in, they don't blow out when you plug them in

• Advertisement
Advertisement