Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Club Championships 2019-20

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,289 ✭✭✭robbiezero

seligehgit wrote: »
    Only caught a few of the quarter finals but it does sound like Thomas Davis have a mountain to climb.

I've still nightmares about my own club men having an off day against Ballyboden in the All Ireland Club final.

Hope it's a cracker as I've the record button on.

It wasn't.
    Boden very comfortably keeping TD at arm length and result never looked in doubt. Could have won by a lot more.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Bonniedog

Bit harsh for a double all Ireland winning side

St. Mullins must have missed that part.

Entitlement. There's a word.

• Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭conor05

Bonniedog wrote: »
    St. Mullins must have missed that part.

Entitlement. There's a word.

Ok we get it. You don’t like Cuala.

Two All Ireland clubs titles in a row would state they are a bit more than an entitled prima Donna club.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,647 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

conor05 wrote: »

Two All Ireland clubs titles in a row would state they are a bit more than an entitled prima Donna club.

If they were crap they were crap you should not have to dampen what you think down just because they were Two All Ireland titles. They are in the past

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

If they were crap they were crap you should not have to dampen what you think down just because they were Two All Ireland titles. They are in the past

I don't think the poster is arguing the toss re the quality of the Cuala performance today rather taking issue with prima donna quip.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,308 ✭✭✭beggars_bush

brookville wrote: »
    Watching tg4 this afternoon and they had a pick the best goal type thing and one was Flanagan for limerick against dublin in nowlan park in the league semi finals.Alan nolan came running out and lunged two footed into Flanagan luckily for him he anticipated it and side stepped after striking.Nolan would need to cut this out of his game refs will surely be watching out next year.

Every top hurling and football goalie does this

It's dangerous

• Registered Users Posts: 37,553 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Ballyhale look like the team to beat again

Ballygunner very impressive today but Patrickswell next weekend will be very tough

Is it this year the new calendar is coming in ??. AI semis and final in Jan 2020 ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭jr86

RedDevil55 wrote: »
    A big shock seeing Cuala lose. On his podcast last week, Colm Parkinson was already looking forward to their Leinster final with Ballyhale.

Gotta love the club championship. Usually always one big upset. Rathnew, mullinaghta, MLR and now this come to mind in recent years!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭mountgomery burns

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Ballyhale look like the team to beat again

Ballygunner very impressive today but Patrickswell next weekend will be very tough

Is it this year the new calendar is coming in ??. AI semis and final in Jan 2020 ?

Yeah hurling final is set for 19th January

Yeah hurling final is set for 19th January

And December in 2020 I believe!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Bonniedog

I have no feelings towards them one way or the other. Was delighted they won those AIs.

Probably nothing to do with them, but the onslaught on Nolan as if he was somehow to blame for them not winning is a bit tiresome.

They lost because they under-estimated the opposition. Anyone who saw Kavanagh take a similarly deluded Dublin team on single handed twice earlier in the year ought to have been expecting a bigger challenge than perhaps they were.

Is there entitlement among sections of Dublin hurling? Ridiculously, yes there is and they keep falling over on it.

Ger Cunningham brought a lot of that to the surface. Lads who thought they could keep playing until they decided not to. Then fked off to states in a huff. Then came back and choked when it mattered in Portlaoise.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

Kilkenny senior football champions Mullinavat beat Dublin intermediate champions Ballyboughal 3-11 to 2-11 in the Leinster championship. That is some win for Mullinavat, especially given they haven't played a competitive football game since July. But you'd wonder did Ballyboughal go into the game feeling they only had to show up as they were 3-7 to 3 points down at half time. They go into the semi final against Rosenallis of Laois who beat Fr. Mannings of Longford.
    Wicklow champions Dunlavin surprisingly beat Meath champions Nobber in Baltinglass. They'll play either Mattock Rangers or Monasterevin in the semi final.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,981 ✭✭✭funkey_monkey

Slaughtneil beat Dunloy 1-15 to 0-10 in Ulster hurling final today.
    Their camogie team beat Loughguile to remain Ulster senior champions.
    Another good day for the Derry super club.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,454 ✭✭✭dobman88

Kerry County Championship. District side, East Kerry beat Dr. Crokes. Paudie Clifford, David's brother, absolutely ran the show from centre forward and David scored a fantastic goal at a vital time having just had a player sent off to put them 7 points up and the result never looked in doubt 2-14 to 1-7. No harm to see the Crokes well beaten either.

Austin Stacks from Tralee will now represent Kerry in the Munster/All Ireland series because they won the club championship earlier in the year and a district side cannot go forward to the all Ireland series.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,873 ✭✭✭threeball

dobman88 wrote: »
    Kerry County Championship. District side, East Kerry beat Dr. Crokes. Paudie Clifford, David's brother, absolutely ran the show from centre forward and David scored a fantastic goal at a vital time having just had a player sent off to put them 7 points up and the result never looked in doubt 2-14 to 1-7. No harm to see the Crokes well beaten either.

Austin Stacks from Tralee will now represent Kerry in the Munster/All Ireland series because they won the club championship earlier in the year and a district side cannot go forward to the all Ireland series.

How does that work. Would Stacks be training away hoping it worked out for them or do they have to regroup on a year they probably drew a line under and were planning the Christmas parties.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,361 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

threeball wrote:
    How does that work. Would Stacks be training away hoping it worked out for them or do they have to regroup on a year they probably drew a line under and were planning the Christmas parties.

Stacks have been training away. Won a deferred Div 1 League game yesterday by a wide margin. Shouldn't beat Nemo though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Nidgeweasel

Naomh Conaill (Donegal) through to Ulster Final.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,553 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Hardly going to steam the Munster Intermediate hurling final between Ballysaggart and Fr o Neil's??

Surely the best-placed non divisional side in the county championship should be representing Kerry, not a team for winning something months ago

Clearly they haven't been training at anywhere near the level required, and for obvious reasons!

• Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭conor05

Absolute belter of a match between St Mullins and Rathdowney Erril on tg4. The standard of high fielding and point taking is brilliant to watch.

Hard to call it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,361 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

jr86 wrote:
    Surely the best-placed non divisional side in the county championship should be representing Kerry, not a team for winning something months ago

jr86 wrote:
    Clearly they haven't been training at anywhere near the level required, and for obvious reasons!

It was done that way but came into some difficulty a few years back when a County Final involving Dr Crokes ended up going to a replay which was due to be played the same day as the first round of the Munster Championship. A decision was made to send the Senior Club winners (and Crokes' big rivals) Legion instead.

To be fair to Nemo (who I feel are being disrespected a small bit) they hammered Dr.Crokes this time 2 years ago at this stage. Crokes were County Champions and had been training away. So maybe it's just that Nemo are a great side at this level.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭I says

Absolute belter of a match between St Mullins and Rathdowney Erril on tg4. The standard of high fielding and point taking is brilliant to watch.

Hard to call it

That was a great match to watch as a neutral. Great hurling played by both teams that Doyle is some man to field the high ball.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,914 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Those were two of the clutchiest clutch points your ever likely to see from James Doyle. What a way to win a game for St.Mullins.

Viva le club championships.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭mountgomery burns

DDC1990 wrote: »
    It was done that way but came into some difficulty a few years back when a County Final involving Dr Crokes ended up going to a replay which was due to be played the same day as the first round of the Munster Championship. A decision was made to send the Senior Club winners (and Crokes' big rivals) Legion instead.

To be fair to Nemo (who I feel are being disrespected a small bit) they hammered Dr.Crokes this time 2 years ago at this stage. Crokes were County Champions and had been training away. So maybe it's just that Nemo are a great side at this level.

I thought I read that if Crokes drew with East Kerry they would have been represented Kerry even if they lost the replay?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 325 ✭✭Hawkeye9212

I can't be bothered to watch another half of Kilcoo and Derrygonnelly.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,579 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Awful stuff

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Stevecw

Painful to watch. Especially after seeing such an amazing game of hurling before it.

I skipped the hurling to watch Netflix too. That first half put me back on Netflix.

The football second half was actually decent enough to watch imo, after an awful first half

Plenty drama and some good hard hits.

Glenties will surely win the Ulster final though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭Gael85

The amount of players ducking into tackles and going down holding ther head like they been close lined. Happening in both football and hurling. GAA need to clamp down on this playacting as someday a referee will fail to stop for someone who is genuinely seriously injured.

Advertisement