Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Machine Head - Friday 8th November

• 04-11-2019 9:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭

Hey all,

I'm heading up to Dublin on Friday from Cork but have to work in the morning

I have no idea of the traffic in Dublin but I'm thinking of leaving work and heading at 1pm,

Do you think this will be fine to make the doors opening ?

Does anyone have an idea what time they will come to the stage ?

Cheers all

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Jurgen The German

Doors open at 6.30, I'd say they will be on by 8 at the very latest as they are doing a 3 hour + set.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

I caught the gig in Tilburg they came on around 20:10 and finished around half 11,they won't be afforded that in Dublin due to curfew so either they cut some songs or start earlier I'd say you're looking at half 7 tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭wally1990

The Olympia Theatre have put this up on twitter

''The mighty @MfnH play a sold out Olympia show this Friday!

Heads up - doors open 6.30pm, no support act, Machine Head are due on stage at 8pm. There will be an interval between playing two sets. We expect the show to be over around 11pm.

Please note, times subject to change''

• Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭thebourke

i was at the 94 gig in dublin sfx when they supported slayer...25 years later still rocking ..looking forward to hearing burn my eyes played in its entirety!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,810 ✭✭✭budgemook

3 hours is a bit much. Might head in after the interval.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,243 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

That's a first, someone complaining about a band playing for too long!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭Del Griffith

Wonder is there any chance of these turning up in Fibbers again after?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,703 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Can anyone confirm stage times?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭Funkfield

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    Can anyone confirm stage times?
    From olympia.ie

Approximate stage times as follows: doors open 6.30pm, no support act, Machine Head are due on stage at 8pm. There will be an interval between playing two sets. We expect the show to be over around 11pm.

Please note, times subject to change as always and should be used as a guideline only

Any support act?

• Advertisement

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    Any support act?

No

We re in, thanks folks, enjoy the gig

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Would love to be going to this, be some gig!

Enjoyed the gig last night, was a long night though, don't know how they played that long, and for an entire tour

• Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭thebourke

started at 8pm..finished around 11.30pm most bands only play 1 hour 20 minutes if you are lucky..great value last night!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,422 ✭✭✭flasher0030

Arghus wrote: »

I love my gigs, and usually the more the merrier. But IMO that went on far too long. Fair play to them though for having the desire and ability to do that. Some stamina. It was a great show, but I left at 11.10. I'm sure the last 20 mins may have been the highlight. But at that stage I had enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,305 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Was I the only one underwhelmed? Far too much pointless "banter" repeated ad nauseum by Flynn, songs drawn out, no real conviction and generally just so full of his own self importance?
    I still love the first 4 albums and a couple of tracks from the later ones but there were songs last night that sounded like disco (presumably on Catharsis) and weren't up to much.
    That gig could've been trimmed by an hour and still been very good. Instead, it felt tedious and unnecessary.

Arghus wrote: »

Looks like I'm not the only one!

It was a bit long, life was drained out of me by the end. It was good though, take any 90 minutes from the set and it was great. Solid from start to finish.

They didn't play but they were in Fibbers afterwards, drinking, getting photos and generally being sound.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭Funkfield

• Advertisement

there was a better feel from the second set, the other musicians seemed a bit mechanical, hopefully they ll relax more into the roles as time goes

yU5quw1.jpg
    kl5ovJb.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭Burty330

The Burning Reds 20th anniversary this year. shame for the fans there was no tour of the album in its entirety. I would have traveled up if there was :D

Advertisement