Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Sulkies on Williamstown roundabout

• 19-10-2019 9:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭

How long is this going to continue for? I seen one of them nearly going into a car the other day. Guy on the sulky shouting abuse at the driver like it was his fault

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,036 ✭✭✭✭looksee

It will continue for as long as Authority allows a small section of the community to have a special place in society that allows them to do whatever they please, where-ever and whenever they choose.

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭jimbojazz

How long is this going to continue for? I seen one of them nearly going into a car the other day. Guy on the sulky shouting abuse at the driver like it was his fault

Shur ets dur culchur

• Registered Users Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭friendlyfun

There was already an accident there recently thankfully nothing serious but I can see something very awful happening on that road if it continues.

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭Flow Motion

A modern day Ben Hur race :pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭shockwave

They should send them out to the greyhound track pay a fee and let them go round and round all day.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

They are building a new estate on the ring road beside the traveller camp, does anyone know if that is going to be moved?

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭Jerry Atrick

They are building a new estate on the ring road beside the traveller camp, does anyone know if that is going to be moved?

More houses and the roads absolutely creaking with cars already...city council my hole!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,412 ✭✭✭Road-Hog

More houses and the roads absolutely creaking with cars already...city council my hole!

What point are you making here. Where should housed be built. Wateford doesn’t have a traffic r congestion problem......go live in cork or Dublin. And come back to me......locally there is traffic queues for maybe a 40 mins twice a day on the main routes a lot of which could be vastly reduced If dim-wit locals would change their habits.......!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭Azatadine

Doubt it. Looks like they've acknowledged the issue with the site in Carrickpherish and wont expand it but they wont move it either and there are houses going in beside them too.

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭Jerry Atrick

Road-Hog wrote: »
    What point are you making here. Where should housed be built. Wateford doesn’t have a traffic r congestion problem......go live in cork or Dublin. And come back to me......locally there is traffic queues for maybe a 40 mins twice a day on the main routes a lot of which could be vastly reduced If dim-wit locals would change their habits.......!

Quite obvious the point I'm making. More cars on already inadequate roads with ridiculous traffic light set ups in place.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭spankmemunkey

And whats the legal response to the situation where a sulky hits a car on the open road??

Are they insured??

Like there's so many legal reasons they shouldn't be allowed to use those on the open road, If i have to have a licence Tax Insurance then so should they.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭spankmemunkey

If there is a mention of them being moved i guarantee the first thing they will see is €€€€€€€€€€€, we want money to move

• Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

If there is a mention of them being moved i guarantee the first thing they will see is €€€€€€€€€€€, we want money to move

The halting site will not be moving. I wouldn't be surprised if different entrance into that new housing though, where I don't know

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭Captain Red Beard

Bring in a chip system for horses similar to how your dog would need to be chipped. Any fines relating to a horse could then be deducted from social welfare payments.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Bring in a chip system for horses similar to how your dog would need to be chipped. Any fines relating to a horse could then be deducted from social welfare payments.

You do know not everyone is chipped despite it being law for years right?
    It's frustrating as hell, but any dog rescue place will tell you its far from a perfect system.

I know both of my dogs were chipped by the rescue place and not by the previous owners despite the law requiring it at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭friendlyfun

Cabaal wrote: »
    It's frustrating as hell, but any dog rescue place will tell you its far from a perfect system.

I know both of my dogs were chipped by the rescue place and not by the previous owners despite the law requiring it at the time.

Regardless of chipping or not there has to be national conversation on sulky racing. It can't continue on public roads. Williamstown roundabout is one of the busiest in the city and certainly not suitable for sulkie racing.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Siberian Husky

Regardless of chipping or not there has to be national conversation on sulky racing. It can't continue on public roads. Williamstown roundabout is one of the busiest in the city and certainly not suitable for sulkie racing.

There's no place for these things on the roads. Least of all the ORR. Looking at two lads recently on one. One about 12 years old. The other an unrestrained toddler.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,816 ✭✭✭skooterblue2

Cabaal wrote: »

Humans are chipped once they have a mobile phone that is never less than 4 feet away from them...... always listen. Enda Kenny made a joke over 20 years ago about travellers isnt it a pity we cant chip them? Now the truth is we are all chipped. Didnt Edward Snowdon, Chelsea Manning and Julian Assange teach us anything?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,790 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Humans are chipped once they have a mobile phone that is never less than 4 feet away from them...... always listen. Enda Kenny made a joke over 20 years ago about travellers isnt it a pity we cant chip them? Now the truth is we are all chipped. Didnt Edward Snowdon, Chelsea Manning and Julian Assange teach us anything?

recent rogan podcast with snowdon is well worth checking out

• Registered Users Posts: 935 ✭✭✭giles lynchwood

Under the road traffic act "people in charge of livestock have the right of way" at the time it was written probably made sense. but like everything else that is there for the benefit of everyone, once the inbreeds find a way they ruin it for everyone else.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,816 ✭✭✭skooterblue2

Under the road traffic act "people in charge of livestock have the right of way" at the time it was written probably made sense. but like everything else that is there for the benefit of everyone, once the inbreeds find a way they ruin it for everyone else.

Yes, when you put it in the context of logical sane civilised courteous people. Just slow down and pull in and let the mounted horseman or farmer driving cattle or sheep have right of way. It was not intended for we are having, an adrenaline fueled race with animals whose hooves cannot grip the road, which can in disaster. But What the heck, "its our road and muh Kultur and we can do what we like when we like!" attitude.

Advertisement